JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGiannotti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sharp neck pain after shrugs

I was doing some heavy shrugs today and I wasn't using wrist straps. On my last set, my forearms started to give out so when I pulled the barbell up on my next rep, I brought it up fast so I could adjust my hand positioning. I guess on the way back down I strained my neck and maybe pulled something on the left side. I cant even turn my head to the left because the pain is so sharp. I just took 600mg ibuprofen and I will lay down with a heating pad behind my neck.

Has this happened to any of you guys, and what is the quickest way to recover?
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time"
    - Mark Twain

Placebo effect or not, five pounds will always be five pounds.

Leave your ego at the login form.

TampaBodybuilding.net online local community

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JGiannotti View Post
    I was doing some heavy shrugs today and I wasn't using wrist straps. On my last set, my forearms started to give out so when I pulled the barbell up on my next rep, I brought it up fast so I could adjust my hand positioning. I guess on the way back down I strained my neck and maybe pulled something on the left side. I cant even turn my head to the left because the pain is so sharp. I just took 600mg ibuprofen and I will lay down with a heating pad behind my neck.

Has this happened to any of you guys, and what is the quickest way to recover?
    Did that once, had to lay off the weights for a couple weeks. Think I just pulled something in my neck. Just try to lay off things that stress out the neck too much. If it's a small pull, you should be okay within 5-7 days, just hope its not a pinched nerve!

groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    go get a massage.. if that doesnt seem to help at all then you need to go to the chiro.

jason
    If you have muscular pain...not joint or organs or bones. GO GET A MASSAGE!!!
    Check out this thread for more info.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5421563

Or if you are in the dfw area contact me and I will fix it!

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You strained it, nothing big no need for a massage or chiro. Heat it up and give it 2 weeks. Next time drop the weight
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King