Rehab Science Student TheFitnessGuru's Avatar
    TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Liver Disease and Supplements.. WHAT DO YOU USE AND CAN YOU USE

Anyone else have liver problems (not necessarily a disease, but just problems...)

I am wondering, with all the hype about creatine and fat burners and their effects on the liver and kidneys what do you take? What can you take?

I want to maybe take a fat burner, so to speed up fat burn but what else? I do take whey protein.. ON's 100% Whey Protein. ANd also multi-vitamin. and am going to take fish oils and other aminos such as glutamine if possible when i start "bulking"... Im not doing that cutting/bulking crap... im just going to slowly build muscle mass and keep lean (once i get there)...
    | Bringing Fitness into your Lifestyle |

TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BuMp? I can't be the only one!

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check my post here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...61&postcount=2

Also perform a search on my username with "liver"

thanks man.

3rd category is supps that are metabolized by your liver and thus can put additional strain to it,thus they should be avoided:
    Caffeine and its brothers(tea,green tea,e.t.c.)
    Fat burners in general
    Anything that contains aspirin or its precursors(like salicin)
    Excessive protein or aminoacids
    Ethyl esters of anything(they are deesterified partially in the liver+the ethyl part turns into alcohol)
    Almost all herbs(hot among them comfrey, chaparral, germander, valerian, mistletoe and traditional Chinese herbs)
    does that thing about excessive protein or aminoacids mean justlike too much protein a day? what exactly is that? please let me know

dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheFitnessGuru
    thanks man.

does that thing about excessive protein or aminoacids mean justlike too much protein a day? what exactly is that? please let me know

One indication of excessive protein in your body is bubbles in the toilet bowl afetr you urine.

Liver stress sometimes causes jaundice

Btw im a hep b carrier since birth so you can regard me as having a diseased liver ...lol, dont have any problems with supplements. Just avoid the alchohol and oral steriods.. ORAL

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks man.

60 grams of protein per meal max
    2 grams per kg of body weight per day
    That should be safe and effective for anyone

Glad to be of assistance

altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) altruistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dviamare
    One indication of excessive protein in your body is bubbles in the toilet bowl afetr you urine.

Liver stress sometimes causes jaundice

Btw im a hep b carrier since birth so you can regard me as having a diseased liver ...lol, dont have any problems with supplements. Just avoid the alchohol and oral steriods.. ORAL
    Utter nonsense. What proof do you have of this? "Bubbles" in the toilet after urinating are just small pockets of air on the water. Look at the bubbles in a pool, for example, when you jump in.
    Excessive protein alone won't harm the liver. Its a combination of toxins from pollution to ingested chemicals, etc. One needs to detoxify periodically in order to maintain a healthy liver. Milk thistle is a good start combined with healthy eating, etc.

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by altruistic
    Utter nonsense. What proof do you have of this? "Bubbles" in the toilet after urinating are just small pockets of air on the water. Look at the bubbles in a pool, for example, when you jump in.
    Actually, urine that is excessively foamy is an indication of proteinuria, which is a symptom of kidney disease.
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield

RIP New and Improved! (Formerly Known As Just Shoot Me!) - 05/05/05

dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dviamare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by altruistic
    Excessive protein alone won't harm the liver. Its a combination of toxins from pollution to ingested chemicals, etc. One needs to detoxify periodically in order to maintain a healthy liver. Milk thistle is a good start combined with healthy eating, etc.

YOU are an ignorant fool.
    Foamy urine may indicate protein in the urine with or without infection. Wanna prove uriologist wrong? go ahead use google yahoo or whatever search engine wrong. The guy is asking for advice and im giving it to him based on my condition and trips to my liver doc.

Agree with the guys up there, you are wrong. Also when you show excessive stomach bloating it is because protein you ate is foaming.

moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moondoggey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you guys just got me scared now all im taken is storm shock therapy and unltra iso whey now i do get Foamy urine i didnt care at first but now im kinda worryied but i feel great i look really good

Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone else have liver problems (not necessarily a disease, but just problems...)

I am wondering, with all the hype about creatine and fat burners and their effects on the liver and kidneys what do you take? What can you take?

I want to maybe take a fat burner, so to speed up fat burn but what else? I do take whey protein.. ON's 100% Whey Protein. ANd also multi-vitamin. and am going to take fish oils and other aminos such as glutamine if possible when i start "bulking"... Im not doing that cutting/bulking crap... im just going to slowly build muscle mass and keep lean (once i get there)...

What you CAN take that may work support the liver are:
    -Milk thistle (but you knew that)
    -Larger amounts of Vit. C
    -Green tea (or capsules)
    -Curcumin (1/2 teaspoon mixed with rice, or in warm milk)
    -A combination of these factors

If you react more sensitive than others to protein, you can try using 1,5-2 g protein/kg max. Since taking more than 1,8 g/kg will not increase protein synthesis more it will not affect muscle gain. (this is probably even true at 1,3 g/kg). If you consider aminos, do BCAA's or EAA's.

Glutamine doesn't do **** when you eat enough and get 1,5 g/kg (or more) protein a day.

It could be your imagination, it could be nothing, or it could be something. Fist try to stop taking it and eat a high protein meal, then see if your urine is foamy again. If yes, go and have a blood/urine analysis. If no, it's still a good idea to have one.

Originally Posted by Big'r
    What you CAN take that may work support the liver are:

-Green tea (or capsules)

Depends
    Although green tea has shown in rats that it may reduce rejection of liver transplantation and occurence of deaths to rats that were given liver-killers, it is still rich in substances that have to be metabolized by the liver(caffeine,thophylline) and thus put additional stress to it. That doesn't mean that green tea is harmful to the liver, only that people with liver problems should beware overusage of it. Stick to 1 cap per day of this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/egcg.html
    Last edited by Bane; 09-17-2005 at 07:44 AM.

Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bane
    Depends
    Although green tea has shown in rats that it may reduce rejection of liver transplantation and occurence of deaths to rats that were given liver-killers, it is still rich in substances that have to be metabolized by the liver(caffeine,thophylline) and thus put additional stress to it. That doesn't mean that green tea is harmful to the liver, only that people with liver problems should beware overusage of it. Stick to 1 cap per day.
    True. Most of the studies except this one:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...760&query_hl=3
    have been done on rats/mice, but they seem to be benificial in a variety of different liver problems:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...066&query_hl=1
    http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/80/3/742
    http://www.nutraingredients.com/news...-green-tea-the
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...408&query_hl=4

thanks guys. any other questions i[ll be sure to hit you up

What do you have to say about low-carb foods? All the chemicals in those... I've even read that the chemicals are worse (not just b/c of the liver has to try to metabolize the chemicals and ****) but because somehow it (the low-carb chemicals) increase fat absorbtion and thus hurt your gains (in attempting to become lean

if so, what chemicals in particular?

so? bumperz!

I am sorry, but i can't understand exactly what you mean. You mean acrylamydes? Adiitives? What?