Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    By Popular Demand: The Deadlift Post

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    Not many people get the difference between them - and most of

the references get them confused too..

But here are some good resources (the best I can find)..

Piccies:
    RDL

SLDL link 1

SLDL link 2

Conventional DL

Text:
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=250heavy2
    http://monstersupplements.com/store/...25-lang-1.html
    http://www.midwestbarbell.com/articles/deadlift.htm
    There is a big ol' difference between SLDL and DL. Esp in terms of the initiation of the movement and the area of greatest stress (due to the distance between the bar and your body).

SLDL = bar travels down to the ground AWAY from the body (the bar stays well away from your lower limbs). The point of the rotation is mostly around the hip and this puts a LOT more shearing stress on the lower back (your butt tends to say in the same place).

DL = bar travels straight up and down UNDER the body (you should be walking away bleeding from your shins... or at least with cool bruises )... In this you are gettin a lot more stress through your glutes and hamstrings and less shearing force on your lower back as it requires more flexion of the knee as well as at the hip (in this, your butt travels UP/DOWN).

[Hence why SLDLs are mostly a erector (lower back) and glute exercise while the DL has a larger hammie component]...

So - this means when you initiate the 'pull' section of these movements, there is a great deal of difference between the DL (where the force is pulling UP the lower spine as you draw the bar upwards, straightening through the knee and the hip) and the SLDL (where the force is pulling perpendicular to the lower spice as you rotate up to straighten your hip)...

Thus.... if you think of the dangers of this part of the movement, you are going to be putting mucho more ickiness potential on your lower spine on the SLDL...

So - my point (yes, I have one... really I do....):
    1. SLDL - Best to start the move of a rack. This is so you do not have to pull the bar up off the ground (which puts even GREATER shearing load on your lower spine).... Your range of movement should not be getting the bar to the ground anyway (not unless your upper back is rounding A LOT, in which case you are doing it wrong!!)

2. DL - These, unless they are RACK DLS (Which are a different move altogether... it is similar to confusing RDL with SLDL - they are different....), should be initiated from the ground (the pull is a big part of the DL)...

If you can:

DL from the floor (start at bottom of move - pull up - then back to floor = 1 rep)

SLDL and RDL from a rack (unrack, set your lower back/legs into appropriate position, then - lower down - pull up = one rep).

For SLDL - think full ROM (full stretch), knees in same position throughout the

move, bar travels away from body.

For RDL - think booty back, bar travels down shins (straight up and down),

shorter ROM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

Last edited by terracotta; 02-05-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Last edited by terracotta; 02-28-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for putting it all together in one spot, a great resource when I have a quick question that I need answered right away!
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

Life isn't about finding yourself,
    Life is about creating yourself.
    George Bernard Shaw

Live everyday to the fullest!!!

Looking to gain more..... Iwannapumpw8's Avatar
    Iwannapumpw8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello All Ladies that Bodybuild,
    How are you all? I am very new here. Well not all that new, but I am new.
    I have being lifting weights for a very long time now, but I have takena little break and I am looking to get back into the gym. However, I am looking to compete in some bodybuilding competition and I only found something for fitness and figure. Therefore, I feel as thought I have found something, but I am more into body building. So, how would I get into bodybuilding?
    I have a great set of legs and they look better everyday

Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What an extremely useful message, Terra! Thanks a lot.

If you would like to learn techniques for burning fat while retaining muscle mass in a fast and efficient manner, and keep that fat off once and for all, I highly recommend the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle system by Tom Venuto. You can read my review of the system here.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Momma_of_seven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Wow

Wow, great thread! I will read through more of it when I get home tonight.

SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow is right--this rules!

jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonwilks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I found a cool site, It mainly talks about natural bodybuilding, but it says the site is also for females too... http://www.rippednaturally.com/femal...g_fitness.html

31-26-36.

Mother of 3

KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KateTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just read a cool article that I think does a great job at explaining the fat burning scenario. I think its great for beginners.

http://www.womenof.com/Articles/sf_9_22_03.asp

shersart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

what does "sticky" mean...?

Danny_xprs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Nice postNothing more to say
    http://all4anabolicsteroids.blogspot.com/

jackiescottz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

breasts

i am only 25 and my breasts are starting to sag already i need to know what excersizes or something i can do to firm them up!

Enjoying the OFF SEASON sbh2082's Avatar
    sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbh2082 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of great info in this thread!!!
    "The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family, and you will have flats called jobs. But if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perserverance, insurance called faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called success."

cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

haha

I love it . To true to true.

RIP Sweetie 2006-2010 Macrobolic's Avatar
    Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Thank you

Terra,

Thanks for posting these. There are a lot of great tips and info here. I am going to start personal training, and these have given me good info for training women.
    "To close one's eyes will not ease another's pain" - Chinese Proverb
    "An outdoor dog has an address, not a home" -unknown

Modern
    Fitness
    Forum

Go
    There
    Now

Your welcome.. be sure to check my website which contains this stuff in an organized manner
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doc40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ladymystique80 View Post
    Thanks Ms Fit for making it a sticky
    Now if only we can MAKE them go look at it first

Any suggestions, additions?
    Actually, this has to be one of the best threads ever. You are very funny, and it looks like the thread took you a little time to put together. Anyway, your sense of humor is great. My favorite one, was the "are all female athletes lesbians?".

Anyways, you guys should ask the admin to block all males,except for Mods. I think you would have a great section all to yourself with idiotic questions. It should work, we have the same forum program on our website and have blocked all of the males in the womens section. problem is, we don't have many women on the site.
    Fighting is a good thing

aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sticky :-)

iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000) iBswole is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol so this is the forbidden place for all on the forums?

my question is why don't more women post in the misc ...

(or at least the sea thread ... ? )

teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) teenyP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fantastic thread! so much useful information..thanks very much for posting all of this Terracotta!
    "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!‏"

Glad you like it!

I have started a newsletter - http://groups.google.com/group/terra_bodybuilding
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great post lol

31-26-36.

Mother of 3

MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would really love to know how to work the inner thighs. That mart of my legs is mush.
    MountainSong

Our greatest freedom is to discipline ourselves.

Life is lived looking forward, but understood only by looking backward.

"Absorb what is useful; reject what is useless."Bruce Lee

MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000) MountainSong is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh, yeah, that pic of me is about 35 lbs heavier than I am now. I weighed 160 today.
    MountainSong

Hey, what I would like to know is if we can send a man to the moon, how come we can't send em ALL?
    MountainSong