T_Soulja99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Poll: Failure Training yes or no

What do you think? Do you hit failure on your last set everytime or not. Also do you think it is good or bad to hit failure on your final set of every exercise.

I hit failure on every exercise and I see it as not going all-out if you don't, but i heard that this can be bad.

What about everyone else?
    One must first devolop a strong mind before he can truly develop a strong body. - T Soulja

"It is only for the sake of those without hope that hope is given to us."

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    failure is good.

But I don't do it all the time. Cause then you completely wear yourself out for other movements. Which isn't good.

I like to go to failure on the last set of usually every movement. Like if I'm doing a new weight I never did before I'll be like "I'm gonna go to failure.."
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by T_Soulja99
    What do you think? Do you hit failure on your last set everytime or not. Also do you think it is good or bad to hit failure on your final set of every exercise.

I hit failure on every exercise and I see it as not going all-out if you don't, but i heard that this can be bad.

What about everyone else?
    When you say "hit failure", do you mean unassisted, as in you can't push out another rep? That to me is RM. Reaching total failure (failure training) is something else.

As was discussed on a recent failure thread, most people think RM = failure. That's just doing what you're supposed to be doing, which is reach a point where you can't push out another rep, unassisted, with the same weight. I like to call it "hitting targets." Going beyond that by using techniques like forced reps, rest-pauses, drop sets, etc. is something else.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess I don't use total failure either.

WHen I do wanna go to failure I'll uusallly rep it out until no more then have someone spot me for another rep or two.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    When you say "hit failure", do you mean unassisted, as in you can't push out another rep? That to me is RM. Reaching total failure (failure training) is something else.

As was discussed on a recent failure thread, most people think RM = failure. That's just doing what you're supposed to be doing, which is reach a point where you can't push out another rep, unassisted, with the same weight. I like to call it "hitting targets." Going beyond that by using techniques like forced reps, rest-pauses, drop sets, etc. is something else.
    yeah, what he said
    I don't know either lol

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lmao, for christ sakes, there's a 6 page topic right baove this one.
    <->

dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Positive Failure

Right now I am doing Max-OT. One of the main principles Max-OT uses is going to positive failure on every set. Is there something wrong with that, that the noobs in the body building community should know about? I have heard that failure can be bad without warming up.

Is there any truth to this?

Thanks in advance

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    failure begets failure. Why train to failure when you can train to success
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train past (mental) failure on one set per exercise, usually four per bodypart or split.

Taxing on the CNS, so I can only handle four days a week, 8-12 weeks without a break. Sometimes I just go in for the "pump", as I do like to still mix it up, but failure is about 80% of my strength training.

I haven't hit a serious plateau (barring any injuries) in 5 years of training this way.

I wouldn't recommend for someone who hasn't been training at least 5 years.
    I'm just here to learn.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
    failure begets failure. Why train to failure when you can train to success
    I don't train to failure. I train to success--the last rep I can do successfully (proper form, full ROM).
    But not EVERY set. I don't want to be overly successful, for I am a man of the common people.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    do failure only on the last set. thats my word.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_

Yep! And next time original poster, do a search

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive never trained to failure unless its been an accident and i overestimated the weight.. the last rep to me is the last one i can cleanly do without dropping the bar on myself
    if u go till failure then that means u need a spotter to help u out, aka a fake rep!
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511