Num3rs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Help for 45+ Parents, How to loose weight?

Hello All,

I have come to this place as a last source of help. I do hope I can get some good ideas here ….

Well, basically … I’m really concerned about my parents. They don’t do most of the things required for a healthy lifestyle like

• They don’t drink plenty of water.
    • They don’t eat too much vegetable.
    • They eat thrice a day.
    • I can’t get them off rice.
    • No matter, what … they don’t do any cardio.

Often both of them criticize each others weights and it leads to fights … rather than taking any action (deciding to do something about their weight), they just argue it out.

I would really appreciate it if anyone of you’ll could advice me how I could make them loose weight with as minimum as cardio possible. Both of them are 45 years +.

Cardio options available are:

• Cycling
    • Treadmill

I’ll try my level best to convince them to do cardio, but since they are 45+, I’m not sure of what restrictions in cardio they might have, so how should their workout go like? Just walking at a mediocre pace?

I’m trying to print a sheet with some basic to-do’s and putting it on their wall, thus always reminding them of it… anything more that I can add to the below?

• Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    • One multi-vitamin everyday
    • NO fried foods.
    • Eat more vegetables and fruits.
    • No juices.
    • Restrict rice consumption!

… any more?

Do they need to take any supplements? Also, since my mom being female would she have to do anything different? Or can they both do the same stuff?

Hope to get some views.

Num3rs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, I’ve categorized a few stuff into carbs, fats and proteins that I’m going to get from the market, if it isn’t asking for too much. Could you’ll classify it into 3 or 4 meals with how much proportion of each required?

Carbohydrates

Basically, for making salads

• Carrots
    • LOW FAT Yoghurt
    • Green beans
    • Lemon
    • Lettuce
    • Mushrooms
    • Spinach
    • Chicken Cubes.
    • Sweet Potato
    • Tomato
    • Onions
    • Corn

Fruits

Basically for using as a supplement to rice!! (Will fill them up)

• Apple
    • Orange
    • Tomato
    • Grapes
    • Pears
    • Bananas

Protein

• Boiled Eggs
    • Chicken breast
    • Steak

Fats (For Horomone Production)

• Peanut Butter
    • Flaxseed Oil
    • Fish Oils

thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thefranchize05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

well my 55 year old gp helped me loose

he was an ex boxer and he still worksout hardcore hell he helped me loose my weight!
    so if ur interested in wat he did pm me
    if you not down with me then i got 2 words 4 ya

P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offense but you sound as if you are trying to make your parents lose weight. That will never work unless they want to lose weight and want to do something about it.

My parents are a prime example. They can watch my sister and I make progress but will sit on their tails eating food I know isn't good for them. My Mother decided a few months back to drop the weight and I knew she was serious when she started finally listening to me when she stopped eating a ton of bread every day. It was a small step that she took. Then I suggested she stop eating anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. A few days later all the margarine was gone and she quit buying stuff with it in the ingredients at the store. It was all small steps but I just slowly started giving her tips and she would start doing them once she felt better and could notice a little improvement. Today she goes to Curves and eats five times better than before and I am quite proud of her. My father on the other hand hasn't done much but he sees my mom losing weight so he is actually eating a little better (dropped mayo and cut back on cheese) but he still eats crap. Someday......

Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not to sound negative or anything

but I went through this issue with an ex-girlfriend

she wouldn't eat right or exercise

I tried really nice to convince her otherwise to exercise and eat right

nothing would work

seems like my attempts to convince her to eat right and exercise only lead her to resist exercise/diet more

I just let the issue go

people have to decide for themselves

I wish my parents would eat better and exercise
    but I wouldn't dare give them any dieting/exercise advice unless asked
    I feel it is kind of overstepping my bounds

people have to want to change
    it has to come from the inner person