Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elliot0409 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Incline Barbell press VS. Flat Barbell Bench Press

I very rarely ever do flat bench. I always do Incline Barbell press on chest days.

Once in a while I get on the flat bench and as I get stronger on the incline, I also get stronger on the flat bench.

I've heard that its better to concentrate on incline bench. Is this true?

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Elliot0409
    I very rarely ever do flat bench. I always do Incline Barbell press on chest days.

Once in a while I get on the flat bench and as I get stronger on the incline, I also get stronger on the flat bench.

I've heard that its better to concentrate on incline bench. Is this true?
    I belive that incline bench is better, but i believe you should be alternating between the two, for like a few weeks do incline, then for a few weeks do flat. Also try doing dumbell presses for a change.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good advice young-squatter.

Alternate between the two and alternate your exercises for the chest. Incline, decline and flat bench presses all work the chest muscle but each incline level works different parts of the chest muscle.

Working all three incline levels will give you a nice overall chest program.

Lynn
    http://www.strength-training-woman.com

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    both are good and both should be used.
    <->