View Poll Results: Go for the experiment?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go for it!

89 79.46%
  • Sounds dumb

12 10.71%
  • Waste of time

11 9.82%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Should I experiment? Avant Research NAPALM

despite the anecdotal and research based-evidence supporting topical lipolytic agents, there is still a lot of debate as to whether or not these actually work. in the past, i have used products such as Avant Labs' Lipoderm-Y, Ergopharm/GIANT's Liposolv and Legal Gear's LipoBurn and felt that they were effective products in helping me reduce abdominal fat in the areas applied.

with the release of the new Avant Research product NAPALM, and my interest in that product, I am considering running a little experiment to put topical fat burners to the test. I have a bottle of NAPALM on the way, which I didn't intend to use for this, but I wouldn't mind doing so.

For those of you in the know, tell me if this scenario would be a worthwhile experiment.

For the rest of you, let me know if yall are interested in me doing this type of trial.

Apply a topical fat burner over the area of one quadriceps, for the full duration of one bottle to see if that quadriceps is leaner and more defined than the other after 30 days (or however long a bottle of NAPALM lasts).

I would record before and after measurements of circumference and skinfold thickness as well as take before and after pictures.

So, what do yall think? Waste of time? Or would this help settle the debate on whether or not these topical agents work?
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

Registered User theyoungveteran's Avatar
    theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50) theyoungveteran will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

great idea; id appreciate it if you did

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Um, just so you're AWARE, muscles in the arms/legs aren't completely independent of each other. The last I studied this in exercise physiology, someone who worked out 1 bicep still saw nominal strength gains in the opposing bicep, although not as much. So I'm not sure how it would work with fat loss but if one arm starts to lose fat, I'm guessing both would start losing fat and therefore the results of your experiment would be flawed to some degree.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This information I studied was from 2003 I believe.

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by j_neatherlin View Post
    despite the anecdotal and research based-evidence supporting topical lipolytic agents, there is still a lot of debate as to whether or not these actually work. in the past, i have used products such as Avant Labs' Lipoderm-Y, Ergopharm/GIANT's Liposolv and Legal Gear's LipoBurn and felt that they were effective products in helping me reduce abdominal fat in the areas applied.

with the release of the new Avant Research product NAPALM, and my interest in that product, I am considering running a little experiment to put topical fat burners to the test. I have a bottle of NAPALM on the way, which I didn't intend to use for this, but I wouldn't mind doing so.

For those of you in the know, tell me if this scenario would be a worthwhile experiment.

For the rest of you, let me know if yall are interested in me doing this type of trial.

Apply a topical fat burner over the area of one quadriceps, for the full duration of one bottle to see if that quadriceps is leaner and more defined than the other after 30 days (or however long a bottle of NAPALM lasts).

I would record before and after measurements of circumference and skinfold thickness as well as take before and after pictures.

So, what do yall think? Waste of time? Or would this help settle the debate on whether or not these topical agents work?
    don't change your diet/exercise routine at all and apply it to your ABS!!!Measure your waist, and see if it works! That way if it works, you will have less fat on your stomach as opposed to one leg
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    Um, just so you're AWARE, muscles in the arms/legs aren't completely independent of each other. The last I studied this in exercise physiology, someone who worked out 1 bicep still saw nominal strength gains in the opposing bicep, although not as much. So I'm not sure how it would work with fat loss but if one arm starts to lose fat, I'm guessing both would start losing fat and therefore the results of your experiment would be flawed to some degree.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This information I studied was from 2003 I believe.
    good stuff!
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

actually I've studied some of that as well. We looked at individuals who had (for example) one arm in a cast and they trained the opposite arm. Results were compared vs. subjects who didn't train their uncasted arm. The subjects who trained lost less muscle mass and strength in the casted arm.

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how that applies here.

Originally Posted by skircus7 View Post
    don't change your diet/exercise routine at all and apply it to your ABS!!!Measure your waist, and see if it works! That way if it works, you will have less fat on your stomach as opposed to one leg
    I have a bad reaction with Yohimbine based products on my abdomen.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    actually I've studied some of that as well. We looked at individuals who had (for example) one arm in a cast and they trained the opposite arm. Results were compared vs. subjects who didn't train their uncasted arm. The subjects who trained lost less muscle mass and strength in the casted arm.

I see what you're saying, but I don't see how that applies here.

I have a bad reaction with Yohimbine based products on my abdomen.
    then you may have a bad reaction elsewhere.

but I say go for it, show us before pics of the legs, and after. See if we can distinguish which one you used napalm on.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol, sure, I'd be interested to see the results.

But, instead of the quads, you could try applying it to one "cheek". (no homo) The final test for efficacy would be whether , when sitting up, you naturally lean over towards the applied "cheek". Voila! Uber fat loss!!! But, please, NO pics.

Physical Therapist

These posts are not to be accepted or inferred as medical advice.

Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000)
    that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by riseboi View Post

But, instead of the quads, you could try applying it to one "cheek". (no homo) The final test for efficacy would be whether , when sitting up, you naturally lean over towards the applied "cheek". Voila! Uber fat loss!!! But, please, NO pics.

lol, I was actually thinking of the glutes myself.

You had a log on a topical fat loss product yourself, correct?

riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    lol, I was actually thinking of the glutes myself.

You had a log on a topical fat loss product yourself, correct?
    Yeah, good memory. I used Dermatherm by Primordial Performance.
    Physical Therapist

These posts are not to be accepted or inferred as medical advice.

Yeah, good memory. I used Dermatherm by Primordial Performance.
    what can I say? I'm a sucker for quality log lukring

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what can I say? I'm a sucker for quality log lukring
    no homo?

for those of you that think it sounds like a dumb idea and/or waste of time, please do chime in and be a little more insightful.

haha that's a damn fine idea!

then you may have a bad reaction elsewhere.

but I say go for it, show us before pics of the legs, and after. See if we can distinguish which one you used napalm on.
    yeah, i might have a bad reaction on the quads as well, but then again i might not. i'm willing to give it a shot.

and i like the idea of having people guess which leg i used it on. that's a good idea!

no homo?
    with me; its understood

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Not for anything, BUT I believe he is testing the fat loss aspect of Napalm and not in strength gains. But I think this would be an excellent oppurtunity for you and also for others to see yet some more detailed results from Napalm. The bottle should last AT LEAST 30 days unless you go spray crazy Remember to apply it twice daily!!
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

I will be talking about Napalm in the next issue of BOS mag. It is a good topical.

http://bodyofscience.com/

Keep in mind that yohimbine will cause localized water retention without the addition of caffeine, so be sure to factor that in your comparison if necessary.
    Last edited by Aeternitatis; 11-27-2007 at 07:03 PM.

little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    I will be talking about Napalm in the next issue of BOS mag. It is a good topical.

http://bodyofscience.com/

Keep in mind that yohimbine will cause localized water retention without the addition of caffeine, so be sure to factor that in your comparison if necessary.
    Now thats what I like to see!! Of the transdermals on the market today it is rising to the top VERY quickly. I'm personally a big fan of how unlike several reviews I've read on other topical products Napalm stays in place and provides for no mess what so ever.
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G.W. Hayduke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wish that Napalm had limonene in it like Lipoderm does. Makes it smell so good.

I <3 Osteo-Sport TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Um, just so you're AWARE, muscles in the arms/legs aren't completely independent of each other. The last I studied this in exercise physiology, someone who worked out 1 bicep still saw nominal strength gains in the opposing bicep, although not as much.
    Yes, to a point. It's still quite obvious in my case that my right side is more yolked than my left.

...It's a shame Sytenhance is no longer available. It wasn't a miracle by any means but it certainly helped in this regard.
    Xtreme Formulations
    Representative

||Bringing my a-game since '00||

I wish that Napalm had limonene in it like Lipoderm does. Makes it smell so good.
    the addition of the rasberry ketones maybe give it a slight boost in the thread department.

Its hardcore fatloss though, not cologne

Next product from Avant Research, Napalm cologne!!

six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) six sigma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

LOL nice little plug for EPIC nutrition...LOL LOL

Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
    they don't make a topical fat loss product, its not like hes jumping ship.

because I represent a presence of EPIC on the forum, I'm not allowed to use and provide feedback of other companies products?

One might say you represent an EPIC presence.

This could be a good possible reason on why your in the red?

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't mind you being a guinea pig at all

Originally Posted by Blitz n destroy View Post
    wow! looking good brotha!