triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ok, this is my new workout.

Started this today. Seams good, some of the Ideas came from a fellow members workout, I just modified it.

Monday -
    20 min. cardio

Heavy abs
    - Rope Crunches 3x25
    - Hanging Leg Raises 3x10
    - Roman Chair Crunch 3x10
    Light calves routine
    - One leg Raises 2x10
    - 10 Stairs

Tuesday -
    Shoulder routine

- Seated Dumbbell press 3x12
    - Barbell Military press 3x12
    Light Triceps routine
    - Cable Extensions 3x10
    - V-bar Pushdowns 3x10
    Heavy Biceps routine
    - Barbell Curls 4x8/4x8 pull ups
    - Single Arm Preacher Curls 4x8/4x6 Hammer Curls
    - Spider Curls 4x6/ 4x6 pull ups

Wednesday –
    Hamstrings/Quadriceps

- Leg Extensions 2x10
    - Leg Curls 2x10
    Forearms
    - Barbell (PU) Curls 3x12
    - Barbell (PD) Curls 3x12
    - Barbell Reverse Curls 3x12
    Heavy Calves
    - Machine Calf Press 4x8
    - Incline Dumbbell Raises 4x8
    - Standing Barbell Press 4x8

Thursday –
    Chest routine

- Flat Bench Press 4x8
    - Incline Press 3x10
    - Seated Press 1x15
    Heavy Triceps
    - Close-Grip Press 4x8/4x6 Dips
    - Lying Extensions 4x8/4x6 Rope Pushdowns
    - Behind the Head 4x8/4x6 Kickbacks
    Lateral delts
    - Front Dumbbell Raises 3x10
    - Lying Delts Raises 3x10
    - Bent-Over Raises 3x6

Friday -
    Light Biceps Routine

- Incline Curls 3x10
    - Alternate Curls 3x10
    - Pull Ups 4x6
    Back Routine
    - Cable Row 4x8
    - Lateral (F) Pull Down 3x12
    - Dumbbell Bent-Over 4x8
    20 min. Cardio
    Last edited by triguluous; 09-12-2005 at 11:15 PM.
    In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.

James Allen 1849-1925

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.
    --Jack Handey Deep Thoughts

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Not sure why you would work biceps/triceps 2x a week when they are small muscle groups that dont need that much volume too grow. Yet, you are only working quads/hammies 1x a week when they are much larger muscle groups.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah seriously, i was gonna say: having a hardcore leg workout (legs being a big muscle and all), you're gonna need about a week to recover, but you're only doing leg extensions and leg curls, either bump up the leg workout, or do them 2x a week like your arms.

but i would train each muscle once a week, especially arms man, you use them almost with every exercise you do, they are getting worked out, maybe not directly all the time, but there is no need to do endless sets of curls, its a waste of energy and just not worth it in my opinion.
    -The Age of Mount- resumes

"Get a look at greatness!"

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    another thing i would like to add, is why go heavy/light? and stuff, pound the muscle hard with heavy weight and let it rest for 5-6 days.

even if you have to split it up so you're doing one muscle a day

chest
    back
    shoulders
    legs
    arms

this is far more beneficial, that way you kill the muscle with heavy poundages, and letting it rest, you're strength will go through the roof if you work out this way also.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    Not sure why you would work biceps/triceps 2x a week when they are small muscle groups that dont need that much volume too grow. Yet, you are only working quads/hammies 1x a week when they are much larger muscle groups.
    Agree, this is why you see people with small arms, because you work them to much, they get hit with a lot of different exercises there is no need to hit them twice a week. Look at powerlifters they dont even do arms once a week and there huge and strong.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Originally Posted by young_squatter
    Agree, this is why you see people with small arms, because you work them to much, they get hit with a lot of different exercises there is no need to hit them twice a week. Look at powerlifters they dont even do arms once a week and there huge and strong.
    i know seriously, i have this gym buddy, who works out a bodypart every 9 days or something, and he doesnt even do arms, and his arms are jacked, he's strong as hell though. his program is nothing fancy, 3 or 4 exercises a day, compound ****.

chest (flat bench, incline bench, chest dips weighed)
    off
    back (deads, pullups, row)
    off
    shoulders (db or bb press, side and bent laterals)
    off
    legs (front or back squats, leg press, stiff legged deads, leg curls)
    off
    repeat

triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter
    Ahh, mine are around 18". I used to do powerlifting (won state titles too) and then bodybuilding. I am 235@ 9-10% bf, 5'11" I think I know what I am doing.

And to the reason why I don't do a lot for legs, well, after multiple knee surgeries I find it hard and painful to work out legs. Squats are just about no way.
    In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.

James Allen 1849-1925

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.

Originally Posted by RipStone
    Maybe because I have bad knees??? Yeas, I think that is it. I have torn just about everything in them, the cartilage is shredded. Yeah, I find it just a tad difficult to perform leg exercises, is that ok with you?

Also, unlike most of you that create a workout, I make one up, then go back and change things etc. after the first week if I see things are not needed etc. My past workout was

mon - chest, biceps
    tuez - legs, calves
    thur -Back, triceps
    frid - abs, shoulders

I am just trying to change it up.

James Allen 1849-1925

Originally Posted by Mammoth3
    i know seriously, i have this gym buddy, who works out a bodypart every 9 days or something, and he doesnt even do arms, and his arms are jacked, he's strong as hell though. his program is nothing fancy, 3 or 4 exercises a day, compound ****.

chest (flat bench, incline bench, chest dips weighed)
    off
    back (deads, pullups, row)
    off
    shoulders (db or bb press, side and bent laterals)
    off
    legs (front or back squats, leg press, stiff legged deads, leg curls)
    off
    repeat
    Well, powerlifting is very different than bodybuilding. Besides, I think I do well with a 365lb bench, 320 hang clean, squat (before accident 475-500), and I only weighed in at 175lbs for the squat.

James Allen 1849-1925

Exabyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Exabyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Trig, don't take it so personally.
    Cyper Space is my Play Ground.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Exabyte
    Trig, don't take it so personally.
    yea, for real dude. we are not trying to insult you or anything. i am just trying to give the best advice possible. how are we suppossed to know you have bad knees or what your best expiernce is with BBing/PLing?? if you go on a board asking for advice, take it or leave it, but there is no need to get PO'd over something some one says.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/