PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tennis Elbow - Strengthening Excercises

Well I got tendonitis and I'm about done with my time off from the gym now. What are some good excercises to strengthen and warmup my muscles and tendons in my forearm and elbow area for when I start my workouts again? Thanks

bluefin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tennis elbow

Tennis elbow involves damage to the forearm muscles and tendons. Rehabilitation from this painful condition usually includes rest, icing, stretching exercises, improving tennis technique, and using an elbow strap called a counterforce brace. But perhaps the most important part of rehabilitation is strengthening exercises, which both promote recovery and help keep tennis elbow from returning.Two types of exercise will help you regain strength: exercises with weights and exercises without.

Exercises without weights. Effective strengthening exercises without weights can be done with a thick rubber band and a tennis ball. Do these exercises first with your elbow bent at your side, then progress over time to doing the exercises with your arm out straight in front.

For the finger extension exercise, place a thick rubber band around your fingers and thumb near the base of your fingers. With your palm facing the floor, spread your fingers apart as much as possible. Hold for 3 seconds, then release. Repeat until your fingers and forearm grow tired. After this becomes easy, slide the rubber band closer to your fingertips. When you can readily do the exercise from the fingertips, graduate to a thicker rubber band.

To do the hand squeeze, hold a tennis ball in your palm. Squeeze the ball firmly and hold for 3 seconds, then relax. Repeat until your muscles grow tired. If this exercise is difficult at first, start with a foam ball or racquetball and progress to a tennis ball.

Do these two exercises several times each day. It's a good idea to have tennis balls and rubber bands in convenient places, like at your desk and by the telephone. Continue to do tennis ball and rubber band exercises through the duration of the weight training program described below.

Exercises with weights. Before each weightlifting session, work up a light sweat with 3 to 5 minutes of brisk walking, cycling, or jogging, or warm the elbow directly by using a hot pad. Also, progress gradually: This is extremely important to prevent reaggravating the injury. If you have been prescribed a counterforce brace, wear it while doing the following exercises

PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Blufin