Tonners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unusual Chest Pain When Lying Down?

Hey all,

I haven't been very active here, let alone with updating my program and such. I've started a new exercise ..thing, and I've been doing it since the 26th of last month, with no problems.

Day one, I do crunches, obliques, and flutterkicks; leg curls, leg extensions, and calf raises.
    Day two, I do dumbbell rows, overhead extension for my triceps, and incline and decline dumbbell presses.
    Day three, is an off-day.
    Day four, I do military dumbbell presses, lateral raises, reverse dumbbell flies, and dumbbell shrugs.
    Day five, I do bicep curls, forearm curls (I guess that's what its called), squats, and lunges (started adding weights here, woo!)
    Day six, is an off-day.

I haven't had any problems thus far, that I know of. I've been working on keeping a good breathing/counting rhythm. Heck, I know I've already made progress.

When I'm lying down and hubby and I are getting ready to go to sleep, we usually talk a few minutes and then I roll over. The last three days, I've had this sharp pain kick in about the time I'm on my back or on my right side. I'd have to describe it as a lung pain, I guess, because it hurts when I breathe, and seems to originate from there. I've had acid reflux and heartburn, its definitely not the same feeling. I'm not overweight- I'm only 5'3, but I'm about 106. I know I've had high bad cholesterol last year (ish, we get free screenings at work). My dad has a tick, but I've never really noticed anything definite about my heartbeat. The pain doesn't last long, and last night I managed not to irritate it by moving or breathing deeply until it subsided.

Could it be something I'm doing in my workouts, like maybe my breathing/counting rhythm isn't as good as I thought? Has anyone else had this? I'm not really worried, but if its something related to me doing something wrong with my workouts, I know that that could have serious complications in the future, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks, all!!

Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The first sensible thing would be to visit the doctor and explain your symptoms. It could be anything or nothing! Pericarditis often feels worse when lying down / breathing deeply, but it could also be a simple pulled muscle!

I sometimes get a sharp stabbing sensation under my boobs / underneath my sternum (basically around the heart and lung area) and tightness under my diaphragm. It's a side effect of my anxiety, but having asthma, allergies and breathing issues doesn't help in general!
    Going for gold :)

MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had pinched nerves that cause that kind of pain/sensation. Especially if you're just getting into a new routine, it's easy to do. And once that nerve slips slightly out of alignment, then all the muscles around it spasm, making the release even harder.

Have hubby give you a good upper and mid-back massage. I would suspect that's where it's generating from.

If it doesn't improve in a few days, then I would see a doc, just to be certain.
    "Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ― Thomas Jefferson

AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AsianNightChris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lemme give you a massage !

BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000) BeFit62 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely see a doctor, better safe than sorry

rach1664 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are intercostal muscles between your ribs. I pulled one once and the pain was like someone sticking a knife in me. Hurt more when I breathed in deep or completely deflated my lungs.

Doc gave pain killers. Went to a chairoprator and she gave treatment but due to location, it's hard to rest it without passing out!

I pulled mine working in a pub and pulling the glas tray from the dishwasher!!!

Lying on the side of the pain may help as its compressed and can't move as much.

Best get medical advice but good news is, the severe pain was only a couple of days and only a week after before I was lifting glass trays again lol

lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgrigoriew will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with Rach1664.

I just recovered from an injury to my intercostal muscle. Mine was not as intense as she describes however. I had felt the pain/sensation of pressure for over a month and eventually it got worse so I went to a chiropractor and he determined it was from my 6th and 7th rib which caused a problem with the muscle. I went to him about twice a week and went under stim for 10 minutes and then he would adjust me and I could go about my day....He even let me begin lifting again after just 2 adjustments (3 days) just not back and not heavy. It had felt like the pain was in my chest but after visiting with him it was clear it had originated from my back. Def go to a chiropractor first. A lot of doctors dont support chiropractors and will fill you with pain pills that are unnecessary and unhealthy. I hope you feel better soon and have a speedy recovery.

Tonners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you all.. Sorry it took so long for me to gret back to the thread, life is crazy! I have been very careful to stretch well and make sure I do the excercoses correctly, and so far, no more pains. Woo!

winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winnie2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    costal chondritis?
    You need rest