Isabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb Cycling - Vegetables

I plan to begin carb cycling, but am confused on one point. Do I or do I not count the carbs in the fibrous carbs (in my case - spinach, broccoli, cabbage, celery, cauliflower) that I eat? I have heard/read that they do not need to be counted as carbs but fiber. I eat a lot of vegetables at most of my meals, so they do add up, and it would make a difference on a carb cycling diet if I do or don't count them.

Thanks for your replies.

Isa

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fiber does not count as a carb and may be removed from the total carb count.

Great name! I have a daughter named Isabella
    Psalm 121

Thank you Fitnessman!

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    My comp crashed or I would post a link from BB.com all about carb cycling. I started it last monday. I do a med-low-no due to past experience that if I look at carbs I gain 20 pounds....no measuring anything so far just 6 meals a day...3 with carbs on med day....2 on low...none on no days. plenty od protein and veggies whenever I want em. gut has began to shrink again already....I think lol!

Thanks OhioSteve -

Do most of you experienced carb cyclers feel that you can virtually eat as many raw veges as you want (mainly the ones listed above) without detriment on a carb cyclying diet - as long as they fall within caloric limits?

Isa

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Isa,

I'm certainly not an "experienced" carb cycler and I know that my approach isn't for everyone, but I count all carbs as carbs - and the majority of my carbs are very high in fibre.

Here's my High Carb day

Here's my Low Carb day

and here's my No Carb day

My basic cycle is High-Low-No-Low-High. I've modified those three days to add more fats (and some more carbs on my High day), but the ratios are pretty much unchanged.

So I guess the short version of my answer is that I count everything that I eat - no matter if it's high in fibre or not.

Not saying that I recommend it...it's just another point of view

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Thanks Kimsquit,

I have printed your info off and will read through it tonight.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Isabella
    Thanks OhioSteve -

Do most of you experienced carb cyclers feel that you can virtually eat as many raw veges as you want (mainly the ones listed above) without detriment on a carb cyclying diet - as long as they fall within caloric limits?

Isa
    i count like fitty does. i am allowed 2-3 cups of fiberous carbs w/ each meal. i also have a few free ones like cucumbers, lettuce and pickles. i very rarely eat any of them raw except for in a salad.