Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bodyfat=

BigJay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy bodyfat=

http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me2.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me3.jpg

Too much pop and McDonalds.
    I'm 5'6 btw.

What do I eat on a dialy basis?

Usually I eat once a day, and its at McDonalds.
    I drink a lot of pop, and thats about it.

Yeah, I know that's really bad, but I have serious bills to pay, and I work 40+ hours a week, along with I can't afford those nice expensive foods. I can afford canned tuna though.
    Last edited by BigJay86; 09-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sup Jay...

35-38% as a rough guess, but not many people will get very accurate with it as even the calipers start giving bad results up that high (same point I started at)

First thread to read should be:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538637

And here is a thread where I lay out a nutrition plan if you want:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=555630

wh0areume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigJay86
    http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me2.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/rofl_jay/me3.jpg

Too much pop and McDonalds.
    I'm 5'6 btw.

What do I eat on a dialy basis?

Usually I eat once a day, and its at McDonalds.
    I drink a lot of pop, and thats about it.

Yeah, I know that's really bad, but I have serious bills to pay, and I work 40+ hours a week, along with I can't afford those nice expensive foods. I can afford canned tuna though.
    40%?

*stop drinking pop/soda
    *never go to mcdonalds again

if you can afford canned tuna, then you can afford a tub of plain quaker oats, and you can afford eggs.
    looking at ur pics, if you keep going to mcdonalds, you're going to die.
    maybe even the next visit.

why would you drink pop? stop that.
    water all day from now on.

ellipticer said I could follow this diet;

1st Meal - breakfast
    1 whole egg
    6 egg whites
    3 pieces turkey bacon
    1/2 scoop whey

2nd Meal - lunch
    2 pouches tuna
    1 tbsp real mayo
    celery or salad

Snack
    45g whey
    1 tbsp MCT oil / fish oil / flax oil
    8-10 almonds

4th Meal - dinner
    1.5 chicken breasts
    2 cups salad
    1 tbsp ranch dressing
    2 cups broccoli

5th Meal - postworkout
    4 oz. meatballs / lean beef
    1/2 cup tomato sauce
    1.5 cups yam, baked
    2 cups broccoli or brussels
    1 tbsp olive oil for cooking

anything is better than what you're currently doing.
    try to drink about 1.5-2 gallons of water a day along with that.

JSmile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That diet you posted looks good Jay, except for the mayo part. I could be wrong, but I would just choose mustard instead. It will be a little hard to start, but you can do it. Read these forum stickies and read more. Look at my sig and you'll see where I started and where I'm at. I did the fast food thing too and I got to 365lbs. Now I'm at 239 in a little under 6 months. Whatever questions you have feel free to post/PM me.

Good luck,
    JS
    3/15: 365lbs.
    Was on a Starvation Diet till 6/1 and found bb.com
    6/1: 290lbs
    7/26:255lbs
    8/1: 252lbs
    8/8: 250lbs
    8/15:247lbs
    8/22:243lbs
    9/12:239lbs
    40/40/20 with heavy lifting and cardio 3-4 days a week.
    Immediate goal: 220 lbs by December 15, 2005.
    Short Term Goal: 8% bf by May 9, 2006.
    Long Term Goal: 210 and 8%bf(Thanks to DJohnson)

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man
    its not that bad
    the solution is easy and simple
    but its up to you to do it

lift weights 3 times a week.......join a gym......learn about various exercises...ask folks in the gym what is going on....be humble and they will be nice...

try to walk about 5 miles a week

eat this diet every day:
    this will cost about 60 bucks a week a you local grocery

Total: 2500 calories
    Fat: 47 g. 18%
    Carbs: 255 g. 40%
    Protein: 257 g. 42%

multivitamin
    16 oz. chicken
    2 cups uncooked oatmeal
    5 scoops protein powder
    5 cups skim milk
    2 bananas
    1/4 cup walnuts
    1 cup brocalli

do this and I guarantee you will notice a big difference in 3 months
    and on the road to developing an awesome body

you must give up the sodas...I used to drink them like crazy and finally quit putting that sugar water in my body...switch to diet or sugarfree koolaid...sodas are your worst enemy

hope this helps
    good luck

why don't you make this thread your journal and everyone can pop in every once in a while and see how you are doing

I'm Here 2 Bring The Pain _STL_15_'s Avatar
    _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    30-40% give or take. Just start eating clean, Drinking lots of water, and working out + cardio and you should lose alot. Good Luck
    "Either Stand Behind Our Troops or Be Prepared to Stand Infront of Them!!!"

"It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

Btw I Rep Back

Fav Teams- STL Cardinals, RedSocks, Patriots, Rams, Mizzou (Unless it's against OU Sooners), OU Sooners #1

new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ellipticer said I could follow this diet;

1st Meal - breakfast
    1 whole egg
    6 egg whites
    3 pieces turkey bacon
    1/2 scoop whey

2nd Meal - lunch
    2 pouches tuna
    1 tbsp real mayo
    celery or salad

Snack
    45g whey
    1 tbsp MCT oil / fish oil / flax oil
    8-10 almonds

4th Meal - dinner
    1.5 chicken breasts
    2 cups salad
    1 tbsp ranch dressing
    2 cups broccoli

5th Meal - postworkout
    4 oz. meatballs / lean beef
    1/2 cup tomato sauce
    1.5 cups yam, baked
    2 cups broccoli or brussels
    1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
    yea that is a good diet also man
    listen to ellipticer
    he knows what he is doing

Ok wh0areume, I can do that. My mom buys cases of Aquafina water.

JSmile, I can sub the mayo for mustard. I like mustard better anyways. I know nothing is easy if you want to look good. I was here before and I posted pics and I got bashed and I felt like **** so I stopped coming here, but now I'm back. Goodjob with your weightloss though dude! Oh and, I'll for sure PM you if I have any questions. Btw, do you have any before/after pics I could see?

new2lifting, problem man. I don't have the cash to join the gym here. It's $50.00 a month. I mean, I could afford it after I pay my credit cards off. I guess I need to get my **** together first, eh? Thanks though for the advice.

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can afford mc donalds you can afford good meals. When I do occasionally grab fast food, I'm looking at around £4, for that I can buy a 16oz steak and a good selection of vegatables, just as filling, a million times more satisfying to eat, and a million times more healthy

Eating well needn't cost much and even though your food bill at the checkout may be higher, if you drop the crap you buy on impulse you should be saving money, I spend about £45 a week on food, and I eat well, not up to body builder standards maybe, but unless you want to enter contests or be huge you don't need to to just be healthy and happy with your body

Good luck to you with whatever steps you take, and do keep a journal of progress, take measurements once a week of your waiste and weight and start counting the calories, my friends mock me for doing this but I just ask them if they look at the price of things they buy and if so why don't they care as much about their health as their wealth
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

Ok wh0areume, I can do that. My mom buys cases of Aquafina water.

JSmile, I can sub the mayo for mustard. I like mustard better anyways. I know nothing is easy if you want to look good. I was here before and I posted pics and I got bashed and I felt like **** so I stopped coming here, but now I'm back. Goodjob with your weightloss though dude! Oh and, I'll for sure PM you if I have any questions. Btw, do you have any before/after pics I could see?

new2lifting, problem man. I don't have the cash to join the gym here. It's $50.00 a month. I mean, I could afford it after I pay my credit cards off. I guess I need to get my **** together first, eh? Thanks though for the advice.
    try to get a cheap home barbell set
    maybe you can find a cheap barbell set in the paper for under 50 bucks
    a barbell...150 pounds of weights...maybe a bench

that is all you need to get started

sometimes people almost give those weight sets away just to get them out of their house

best of luck brother
    keep on keeping on

Yeah, you're right gareth. I spend probably $30 a week on fast food alone, it puts a hole in my pocket. Thanks for your input!

new2lifting, I'll look into it man. Funds are limited as of now.

Hey thanks man. Some people will obviously be pricks, but it takes balls to post pics. Thats one thing I never did and I'm kinda pissed I didn't. I think I'll take some this weekend and post them up. The key is, you're doing this the right way. You're not starving yourself and will supplement with exercise. What you need to do now:
    Get some Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein-Chocolate and Rocky Road are good, mix it in fat free milk.
    Make a goal sheet-due a search and you'll see lifequest's thread.
    For exercise, start playing basketball, or walk a couple of miles. When you get down a few pounds, you'll naturally want to start lifting.
    Buy good food as we recommended. Eating clean will change everything and start drinking a lot of water. I would say 3 or more liters per day.

Also, I used to be a fast food/soda freak. I gave it up, no diet soda, no regular. You can go cold turkey, or you can have diet, but don't over do it.

Anything else, just ask

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your own barbel set is definately a good place to start, when I can't afford to go to a gym it's what I fall back on, I'd say the minimum you want is an 80KG set with a bar and four dumbells so you don't spend too much time during a workout swapping weights, a bench is handy but not essential when starting, as pushups should be enough for your chest to start, and there are always other things you can sit on or kneel on but it's definately something worth having when you progress

Perhaps to lower the costs you could go halfs with another friend who is interested in getting in shape and keep the gear at one of your homes, preferably a garage or basement

Having a partner to spot for you apart from making it safer, is a great motivational tool, especially if you are of similar ability

I'm Here 2 Bring The Pain _STL_15_'s Avatar
    _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) _STL_15_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JSmile
    Hey thanks man. Some people will obviously be pricks, but it takes balls to post pics. Thats one thing I never did and I'm kinda pissed I didn't. I think I'll take some this weekend and post them up. The key is, you're doing this the right way. You're not starving yourself and will supplement with exercise.
    So true. It's great that you posted pics. Most people are to scared too. It will be even better when you do what you need to do and post pics again when you've lost a ton of weight.
    "Either Stand Behind Our Troops or Be Prepared to Stand Infront of Them!!!"

"It is better to judged by 12, Than to be carried by 6"

"You ask me why I carry so much gear??? I ask you why you are not prepared?"

Btw I Rep Back

Fav Teams- STL Cardinals, RedSocks, Patriots, Rams, Mizzou (Unless it's against OU Sooners), OU Sooners #1

JSmile, I will go up to GNC and check out that Optimum Nutrition. I can't wait to see your pics. Should be good motivation. I do have trails and a basketball court in my townhome complex.

Gareth, good idea. I'll look into it. As for my friends, they have more money then me and can afford the gym, along with having good bodies. I'm the out of shape fat one.

STL, I was scared, but I sucked it up and posted them. That's mostly the reason I took pics, so that when I lose weight, I can do that infamous "before/after" thread haha.

JSmile, I will go up to GNC and check out that Optimum Nutrition. I can't wait to see your pics. Should be good motivation. I do have trails and a basketball court in my townhome complex.
    Hey no prob. When you go to GNC, I would only get 2lbs of "Double Rich Chocolate." Should be around 18 bucks. When you're almost done, order a 5lb Rocky Road from the store here. With shipping it should be $35, since I love Rocky Road and I can't find it in stores. I loved milkshakes, but now I basically drink one protein shake everyday and never feel guilty.

Good you're playing basketball. Just remember to hustle and not walk while dribbling like I did sometimes. Also, remember that even if you don't get the ball in the hoop when doing a lay up or taking a shot, you still got the exercise benefit. That definitely helped me. Also, check your weight once a week, the same day, after crapping, before eating or drinking. Tuesday's usually my day, but I might go to every few weeks now. Check your weight tomorrow morning after taking a dump, and record it. Then start the plan and do the same next week. You will see success.

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

JSmile, haha ok dude. So basically, once a week, weight myself after I take a ****?

JSmile, haha ok dude. So basically, once a week, weight myself after I take a ****?
    Yeah thats it

When starting out people do it everyday at multiple times even. Don't be that guy

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

Yeah you want to measure actual differances in your body mass not how much water or food you've had recentally, I can weigh up to 5 pounds more in the same day, thats not my actual body mass, but it's food and water I've consumed, and it might give my ego a boost, but I know I don't weight that really

Originally Posted by GarethCheeseman
    Yeah you want to measure actual differances in your body mass not how much water or food you've had recentally, I can weigh up to 5 pounds more in the same day, thats not my actual body mass, but it's food and water I've consumed, and it might give my ego a boost, but I know I don't weight that really
    and i, for example, can gain up to 17lbs in waterweight after 1 cheat meal.
    i can also lose that same 17 lbs within 5 days afterward.

so basically, i dont even care what the scale says when i'm cutting, just as long as i'm looking better in the mirror - that's all that counts.

(of course, it's good to use the scale once in a while to make sure you;re not losing muscle mass)

iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iverson3504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck man, just stay dedicated and dont put up with anyones crap, do it for yourself and you'll be lookin great

Thanks for all of the advice guys, it's good information for me to know.

Recap of my intake today (not on diet yet);

Woke up around noon, went to McDonalds at 1.
    At about 3 I had a banana and a bottle of watter.
    At 5 I had green bean soup, consisting of green beans, potatoes, and ham hock, with chicken broth as the base, along with spices. To drink I had another bottle of water.

So, for today I only had a medium Coke from McDonalds, and that was it. I'll have another water before the day is over.

I know having McDonalds today wasn't good, but it's kind of a split?

Edit: Wednesday I get paid so I will buy a scale to record my weight and weigh in each week after i take a **** as JSmile said.
    Last edited by BigJay86; 09-12-2005 at 04:00 PM.

The only fast food I will have is a burger king chicken wopper because at least you are getting a genuine piece of meat grilled and apart from being on white bread, the rest of it ain't too bad, mayo is fatty but it contains omega3

Yeah, BK is good but I should probably just cut it all out?

I did some measurements, how are they looking?
    Last edited by BigJay86; 09-12-2005 at 04:55 PM.

Make sure you buy a cheap analog scale. Don't get suckered in for one of those body fat scales since they are inaccurate for bodybuilders. With regards to burger king, maybe initially, but when you boil it down, you could have a better meal yourself if you cooked the chicken, and also the bun would be ****. Heres my diet for tomorrow:

7AM Oatmeal with 1/4 scoop chocolate whey, splenda, and 5 almonds.
    730 Yerba Mate Tea (I drink it in class.)
    930 Natty PB Sandwich on whole grain bread (Peperfridge farms 15 grain is good, make sure it has no enriched flour or high fructose corn syrup.) If you can get to a Pepperfridge Farm outlet, that would be nice.
    1140 .3lb grilled chicken on whole grain pita with mustard.
    1:20 Natty PB
    3:30 .3lb grilled chicken on pita with mustard
    5:30 Preworkout-2 scoops whey in fat free milk with slice of whole grain bread with some natty pb
    8PM Postworkout-Protein shake with whole grain pita and hummus.

I try to incorporate veggies (spinach would be ideal or other green leafy veggies) and am trying to take in some fruit. Even my diet could be cleaned up a bit, so we're always changing things around. Keep us posted with what happens tomorrow.

PS: I'm changing my name to "Kishan", my real name, since I chose "JSmile" since I saw an emoticon and it was the first thing that came to my head when I registered. Plus, I was embarssed when I joined

Looks like that changed

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And it is done!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/i-lost-weight-kishan-shah_n_1900533.html

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KishanS
    And it is done!
    I see your balls are no longer to the wall. Congrats.