tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to help my sister lose weight?

Can anyone help my sister to lose weight? I myself have lost like 40lbs and still improving my physique and feel like a new man but cos I have time to do cardio and lift and eat frequently and healthy. However when I look at my sister's situation I dun know how to help.

My sis is 23 yr old, about 5'4 and 220lbs. She wake up at 5 30am to prepare for work and finish work like about 9pm on a typical day and only turn in at about 11pm so she sleep like 6 hours daily only for 5 days a week and for Saturday she work till 4pm and she got a day off on Sunday

She said her typical diet would be like one or 2 buns (like tuna or cheese or hotdog bun, stuff like that) in the morning and for lunch would be noodles with soup and dinner time she would eat like 3/4bowl of rice with a bit of side dish. Through out the day she would eat some fruits.

So I told her to exercise on weekend since on weekdays she is so tire and only sleep like 6hours a day.

Looking at her diet I would say its not THAT bad. However she has gained weight consistantly. If she eat that little MOST of the time, what is causing her to gain weight?

I would say she is under-eating? But I thought its all about calorie in VS calorie out?

So how do I advise her to change her diet? I was thinking of asking her to have more but small meals but I am afraid that my plan would even make her gain more weight..

Its depressing to see my sister overweight, but its even more depressing to see my sister trying to lose weight but no results.

Any help would be appreciated.

JSmile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Undereating, with bad choices.

Heres my take: Clean up her diet, 5 meals a day, with the usual clean food. Women are notorious for playing down what they eat, or simply not eating anything at all. Clean up the diet and when she starts losing weight, she'll want to do the exercise since she likes the results. Everything should work itself out, but your job is to formulate a clean diet for her.

Good luck.
    JS
    3/15: 365lbs.
    Was on a Starvation Diet till 6/1 and found bb.com
    6/1: 290lbs
    7/26:255lbs
    8/1: 252lbs
    8/8: 250lbs
    8/15:247lbs
    8/22:243lbs
    9/12:239lbs
    40/40/20 with heavy lifting and cardio 3-4 days a week.
    Immediate goal: 220 lbs by December 15, 2005.
    Short Term Goal: 8% bf by May 9, 2006.
    Long Term Goal: 210 and 8%bf(Thanks to DJohnson)

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10) tan_pao_wei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JSmile
    Undereating, with bad choices.

Heres my take: Clean up her diet, 5 meals a day, with the usual clean food. Women are notorious for playing down what they eat, or simply not eating anything at all. Clean up the diet and when she starts losing weight, she'll want to do the exercise since she likes the results. Everything should work itself out, but your job is to formulate a clean diet for her.

Good luck.
    JS
    Thanks for your help, I was thinking of this diet

6am - oatmeal (about 350cal)

9am - 2 pieces of wholemeal bread with egg (250cal)

12noon - 1/2 bowl of rice with soup (300cal)

3pm - apple (50-100 cal)

6pm- 2 pieces of wholemeal bread(125cal)

9pm- 2 boiled eggs (250cal)

Total calories-- 1400calories

Is that ok or should I add mroe calories since she weighs about 220 or its ok since she has almost no muscles..

JSmile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The diet you listed needs more protein and more fat. Is the rice you listed brown rice? Instead of eggs, how about natty pb with the bread. The soup could be full of sodium. Apple? Need more than that. How about something along these lines:

Oatmeal with whey, splenda, and almonds
    Natty PB on whole grain bread
    Grilled chicken on whole grain pita with hummus
    Natty PB on whole grain bread.
    Lean cut of meat, veggies, and brown rice.

WATER! WATER! WATER! I would say 100oz of water to start, the more the merrier.
    3/15: 365lbs.
    Was on a Starvation Diet till 6/1 and found bb.com
    6/1: 290lbs
    7/26:255lbs
    8/1: 252lbs
    8/8: 250lbs
    8/15:247lbs
    8/22:243lbs
    9/12:239lbs
    40/40/20 with heavy lifting and cardio 3-4 days a week.
    Immediate goal: 220 lbs by December 15, 2005.
    Short Term Goal: 8% bf by May 9, 2006.
    Long Term Goal: 210 and 8%bf(Thanks to DJohnson)

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

FaizTan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tan_pao_wei View Post
    My sis is 23 yr old, about 5'4 and 220lbs. She wake up at 5 30am to prepare for work and finish work like about 9pm on a typical day and only turn in at about 11pm so she sleep like 6 hours daily only for 5 days a week and for Saturday she work till 4pm and she got a day off on Sunday

She said her typical diet would be like one or 2 buns (like tuna or cheese or hotdog bun, stuff like that) in the morning and for lunch would be noodles with soup and dinner time she would eat like 3/4bowl of rice with a bit of side dish. Through out the day she would eat some fruits.

So I told her to exercise on weekend since on weekdays she is so tire and only sleep like 6hours a day.
    looking at the situation, your sister is in need of dire help.
    1] she has lack of time for herself. so hitting the gym over the weekends instead of spending time for herself will result in low motivation.

2] not eating proper. as much as we would love to starve to death to lose weight. it will only backlash due to the accumulated hunger which results in eating more in that meal a day. try hitting proper calories intake.. intake<physical output when it comes to losing weight.

3] not getting enough rest. rest is essential to ensuring good health and weight lost. sleeping to a maximum of 8hours and minimum of 7 hours will fix her metabolism.

i'm in the same boat as your sister and i understand her situation. being the busy person i am and wanting results at the same time, i took this diet program that helped me lose 10kg. of course it also comes with visits to the gym once a week. feel free to contact me at faiztan16@gmail.com if you wish to know more of the program or my weekly schedule that helped me to lose weight.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FaizTan View Post
    looking at the situation, your sister is in need of dire help.
    1] she has lack of time for herself. so hitting the gym over the weekends instead of spending time for herself will result in low motivation.

2] not eating proper. as much as we would love to starve to death to lose weight. it will only backlash due to the accumulated hunger which results in eating more in that meal a day. try hitting proper calories intake.. intake<physical output when it comes to losing weight.

3] not getting enough rest. rest is essential to ensuring good health and weight lost. sleeping to a maximum of 8hours and minimum of 7 hours will fix her metabolism.

i'm in the same boat as your sister and i understand her situation. being the busy person i am and wanting results at the same time, i took this diet program that helped me lose 10kg. of course it also comes with visits to the gym once a week. feel free to contact me at faiztan16@gmail.com if you wish to know more of the program or my weekly schedule that helped me to lose weight.

Nobody cracks 200 at 5'4" by "undereating." Come on.

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    She needs more protein. Protein supports lean mass and helps you feel fuller longer.

Also, she sounds pretty busy. Don't stress the "5-6 meals a day" thing. As long as her caloric needs for the day are met and kept under maintenance, she could eat 2 or 3 meals and still lose weight. (even if you eat right before bed. OMG!)
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew

Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thread 6 years old?

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brightside80 View Post
    Thread 6 years old?
    Oh S***! I didn't even look at that! LOL WTF
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd be interested if she is now 120lbs or 320 lbs after 6 years
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.