Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

EVeryone, I contacted Liquid Egg White International

Ok, so there are some people, including me, that were looking for some answers about the ability of the body to absorb uncooked egg whites. There is a product that is called Liquid Egg Whites. You can mix this stuff right into your shake. In fact, you can use it instead of water or milk.

Well, can this stuff actually be utilized by the body? What proof is there that this liquid egg stuff is assimilated when drank? How can they be digested and absorbed if they haven't lecethinized? Well, I asked the company rep via email this morning, and this is what he had to say about it...
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Good question. Ask your Doctor about the liquid egg whites. For decades people who are in the hospital from a major surgery and are unable to eat solid foods are being fed protein through an I.V. They are getting a product called Albumen. Albumen is the medical term for Pure Liquid Egg Whites." - Ray McCabe President.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz

The rest of the info was more of an advertisement than anything else, and I assure you was just a cut and post ad.

And hey, how can you compare IV with a product that has to go through your digestive system? Is this not where the problems lie?

You guys have fun with this one, I'm out for the afternoon. hahaha

Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job bro,very good info!!!!!!

Thanks

Paco
    Be meticulous and you'll reach your goals

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Younggunz
    The rest of the info was more of an advertisement than anything else, and I assure you was just a cut and post ad.

And hey, how can you compare IV with a product that has to go through your digestive system? Is this not where the problems lie?
    Good info bro. Nice job but so what is the deal wit liquid eggwhites? Should we spend our money on them for when in a hurry or should we make time to cook them?

nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A lot of bodybuilding pros I've trained with actually use liquid egg whites. It's not cooked, but it's pasteurized, tasteless and effective. Thanks for the info.

Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000)

And hey, how can you compare IV with a product that has to go through your digestive system? Is this not where the problems lie? [/B]
    Good question,anybody wanna field it?

Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I would assume

I would assume....

The protein from Liquid Whites get absorbed as well as protein from milk. Doesn't liquid absorb/metabolize better than a solid would?

The products usually be (or claim to be) made from 99% real eegs. So I believe they are a legitimate good substitute for real-non-pasteurized eggs.

They have a little taste, but nothing you can't dilute with juice.

but i could be wrong.....
    My 9 years of experience of successfully/unsuccessfully combating androgen-related hair loss.
    Professional, academic and personal sources and experience cited
    www.hairlossfromsteroids.com

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does this product claim to be avian free?
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

Aiken_Drum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've read somewhere that raw eggs whites are absorbed at a 50 % rate, but when you cook them it raises to 90%.
    Is this true or not??

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    uncooked eggs are not as digestable as cooked eggs. The company danced around your question Younggunz.
    Peace

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    uncooked eggs are not as digestable as cooked eggs. The company danced around your question Younggunz.
    Peace
    So are you saying they are not worth it? I think that's what you told me before, right?

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Antonio

So are you saying they are not worth it? I think that's what you told me before, right?
    correct

Can you explain exactly what causes the uncooked egg not to be digested as well? I felt he danced around the question as well.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't digest uncooked eggs? Oops. I used to drink eggbeaters mixed with milk and a lite chocolate syrup; a tasty (but apparently ineffective) homemade protein drink.

Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would like to see an article explain why uncooked eggs cant be absorbed

Paco
    Be meticulous and you'll reach your goals

MikeReid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Paco
    I would like to see an article explain why uncooked eggs cant be absorbed

Paco
    Bump to that.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Avidin is a glycoprotein found in egg whites and binds biotin very specifically and tightly. From an evolutionary standpoint, avidin probably serves as a antibacterial in egg whites because it is resistant to a broad range of bacterial proteases in both the free and biotin-bound forms.

Because it is resistant to digestive enzymes from the pancreas dietary avidin binds to dietary biotin and prevents its absorption. The normal bacteria of the large intestine synthesize biotin. Cooking changes avidin and makes it susceptible to digestion and unable to interfere with the intestinal absorption of biotin.
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Raw egg is believed to be more nutritious than cooked egg, but this is not so. Raw albumin contains anti-digestive factors which are destroyed by heating.
    Soft boiled and poached eggs are better digested and absorbed than eggs cooked in other ways.
    Frying an egg or making an omelette delays its digestion. The yolk is easily digested even by infants.
    To kill salmonella, the egg should be boiled for 7 minutes or poached for 5 minutes or each side be fried for 3 minutes.

Ten healthy volunteers were studied once after ingestion of a cooked test meal, consisting of 25 g of 13C-, 15N-, and 2H-labelled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same but raw meal. 5.73 % and 35.10 % (p < 0.005) of cooked and raw test meal, respectively, escaped digestion and absorption in the small intestine. A significantly higher percentage of the malabsorbed raw egg protein was recovered in urine as fermentation metabolites. These results (i) confirm that substantial amounts of even easily digestible proteins may escape assimilation in healthy volunteers and (ii) further support the hypothesis that the metabolic fate of protein in the colon is affected by the amount of protein made available

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally posted by D&amp;G
    A significantly higher percentage of the malabsorbed raw egg protein was recovered in urine as fermentation metabolites. These results (i) confirm that substantial amounts of even easily digestible proteins may escape assimilation in healthy volunteers and (ii) further support the hypothesis that the metabolic fate of protein in the colon is affected by the amount of protein made available
    So excessive amounts of protein, beyond what can be absorbed, actually undergoes fermentation in the large intestine. Of course fermentation produces gas. This explains that very familiar phenomenon protein farts, and implies what many have discovered, that the way to reduce if not eliminate this embarrassing problem is to take no more protein at one time than your body is able to absorb. For most people, this seems to have been found to be around 30 grams or so of protein at a sitting.

Also something worth considering. Proteins taken in as food are broken down into amino acids prior to absorption. These amino acids are later reassembled to form various proteins in various body tissues. IV administration of the product in question would supply whole protein, primarily albumin. I can't see how this would truly replace the intake of food through the digestive tract. A point worth noting: when I was in the hospital at one point, following extensive trauma surgery I had to have IV nutrition (hyperalimentation), they told me I was getting digested versions of the various components of food. As I recall, they specifically mentioned amino acids, not protein. And by the way, it was sterilized, not simply pasteurized.
    Last edited by DaddyR; 09-12-2002 at 03:53 AM.

DAMN SEE I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU ALL! JEEZ THANX D&G MAYBE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY BELIEVE ME! I didn't make this **** up for my health lol.
    Peace
    P.S. D&G can you post that in the teen section too, there are alot of misguided fools over there.
    Peace

I will post a link to this thread

I've always known that egg white was not digested properly unless cooked - took me about a minute to get all that info from google.

Originally posted by str8flexed
    DAMN SEE I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU ALL! JEEZ THANX D&G MAYBE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY BELIEVE ME! I didn't make this **** up for my health lol.
    Peace
    P.S. D&G can you post that in the teen section too, there are alot of misguided fools over there.
    Peace
    Nobody here did not believe you. I just wanted an explaination. I don't except everything until I am givin an explaination.

I wrote the president of Egg Whites Internations again to answer some more specific questions as to digestion and absorbtion of his product. Here is what he had to say...

"Because we get asked this question from time to time, we have consulted our own Doctors about this question. They have informed us several times, that raw pasteurized whites are in fact, 100% bio-available and fully digestible.The heat pasteurization itself, is hot enough to kill the bacteria that causes salmonella. And for all I know, it may also be hot enough to cause the Egg Whites to become fully digestible. I honestly don't know if that is the case. I personally have never heard of anyone not being able to digest them, unless they were allergic to eggs.

I am not a Doctor, so I go to professional sources to get my answers. I would recommend that you consult a Board Certified Medical Doctor for further info on this product." - President

While not being able to answer the questions correctly himself, I do give him and his company props for answering my questions so fast and honestly.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    I honestly don't know if that is the case. <snip>
    I would recommend that you consult a Board Certified Medical Doctor for further info on this product." - President
    His guess may be correct. Pasteurization may indeed make somewhat of a difference. But he obviously doesn't really know.

Yep I'd give him an "A" for honesty, at least. But a Medical Doctor? I dare say that for every M.D. who's got at least some rudimentary knowledge of nutrition, there are at least 10 who haven't got a clue.

I wrote the president of Egg Whites Internations again to answer some more specific questions as to digestion and absorbtion of his product. Here is what he had to say...

"Because we get asked this question from time to time, we have consulted our own Doctors about this question. They have informed us several times, that raw pasteurized whites are in fact, 100% bio-available and fully digestible.The heat pasteurization itself, is hot enough to kill the bacteria that causes salmonella. And for all I know, it may also be hot enough to cause the Egg Whites to become fully digestible. I honestly don't know if that is the case. I personally have never heard of anyone not being able to digest them, unless they were allergic to eggs.

I am not a Doctor, so I go to professional sources to get my answers. I would recommend that you consult a Board Certified Medical Doctor for further info on this product." - President
    Good job bro!!! Now, what do we do?

Originally posted by Antonio
    Good job bro!!! Now, what do we do?
    Me, I would hold off until the guy can provide a satisfactory answer to the question of digestability. It may be worse, not better, than cooked egg whites.