Eat, Sleep, Train..REPEAT GT FIT's Avatar
    GT FIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GT FIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Device to measure heart rate...

I am wanting to ask Santa for a device to measure my heart rate during my workouts but I don't know what kind is the best and easiest to use. Can any of you let me know what you are using or what kind not to get. Thanks!
    Eat, Sleep, Train Hard....REPEAT !

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GT FIT View Post
    I am wanting to ask Santa for a device to measure my heart rate during my workouts but I don't know what kind is the best and easiest to use. Can any of you let me know what you are using or what kind not to get. Thanks!
    Polar is pretty good, links up with most machines and you get a watch if you wanna take it on the road

very easy to use
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    agreed, polar is very good. get the one with the chest strap... i don't remember the model number; it's kind of expensive, though

and here's the secret: when you put on the chest strap, get the little nodule that sits on your heart just a little bit damp-- it will help it read tremendously better!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109800291

Yammin' it up with the Falcon--- my new journal as I seek to get back in shape and tackle some ultra runs and some forestry.

The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow- Edward Abbey.

c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10) c0ldhart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i bought the polar sd200 in the last few months, it has a foot piece to measure distance... you can also buy without and it's cheaper , either way... I LOVE IT... it turns out that I did a test on a rest day to determine what my bmr was... and it was about 500 cals a day OVER what i gave myself credit for...plus, i tend to burn more on my runs and workouts than I was giving myself credit for... so i upped my food intake by 300 calories... it was GREAT!!!! (and then lost 3lbs over two weeks)

I think that it is a great tool and has helped me learn alot about my body. And as everyone mentioned, it syncs up to most equip in the gym and some shoes on the market too...OH, and VERY easy to program and use...
    -Hart

It's time to kill the CHUNK!!!!

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LionChick View Post
    agreed, polar is very good. get the one with the chest strap... i don't remember the model number; it's kind of expensive, though

and here's the secret: when you put on the chest strap, get the little nodule that sits on your heart just a little bit damp-- it will help it read tremendously better!
    lol I sweat so much it does have a problem

the one I bought honestly wasn't that expensive - depends what you want it to do

just tried to find my model but I can't however it looks like it was kinda expensive I just didn't think about it at the time I bought it (plus I lost the strap )
    Last edited by Mindi911; 11-27-2007 at 05:20 AM.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Eat, Sleep, Train..REPEAT GT FIT's Avatar
    GT FIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GT FIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you everyone for your comments....will help me alot with my purchase.
    I will for sure check into the polar!
    Eat, Sleep, Train Hard....REPEAT !

jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the Polar F11 and love it!!! It gives calories burned during exercise, and the % burned from fat. It keeps a cool jounal of your exercise by day and week as well.