maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Incline/Decline Close-Grip Bench Press

Has anyone ever tried these?

I'm curious as to whether these would work a different part of your triceps, as incline/decline bench presses work your upper chest/delts and lower chest.
    They say good things come to those who wait, but didn't tell us how long it's gonna take.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes....there's no need/superior reason in terms of close-grip pressing. just stick w/ flat

if you want variety that will actually do something, play with floor (bb/db) pressing and reverse-grip pressing
    <->

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Decline is good. There is less delt/chest involvement so you can focus more on your triceps.
    neg reds on sight crew

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Decline is good. There is less delt/chest involvement so you can focus more on your triceps.
    Damn straight
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    and reverse-grip pressing

Instantly got me thinking about reverse-grip french press.
    Good/bad idea? Why or why not?
    What do you want, and How do you get it?

The two hardest questions to answer.

It's not that I love to win, it's that I hate to lose.

FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredPo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually I just read in a magazine about incline close bench presses. I tried it and it lit my triceps on fire. It surprisingly (against my thoughts) hit my triceps really hard. Didn't even feel like I was using my chest at all.

Fred
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated".

Stats: height= 5'10''
    weight= 227
    bf= 14% (currently bulking)
    PR: bench-335x1
    squat-365x12 (parallel and good form)
    deadlift=515x1

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by maximushamus85
    Has anyone ever tried these?

I'm curious as to whether these would work a different part of your triceps, as incline/decline bench presses work your upper chest/delts and lower chest.
    They're useless, what's wrong with just regular close-grip bench press?
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Squats
    They're useless, what's wrong with just regular close-grip bench press?
    They are not useless, I've used them for years.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    They are not useless, I've used them for years.
    Well you can use them, but they don't do much more then regular close-grip press.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FredPo
    actually I just read in a magazine about incline close bench presses. I tried it and it lit my triceps on fire. It surprisingly (against my thoughts) hit my triceps really hard. Didn't even feel like I was using my chest at all.

Fred
    Yep these are great, they also hit the inner chest which is hard to develop! On a decline is great for tricep mass. i've never done them but i've done close grip decline push ups, and even using just body weight is very hard. I dont know if they work different parts of tricep than if u used flat bench, but they isolate them more imo.

I actually found a new compound exercise that hits the triceps well. You use dumbells lying on a flat bench. start with your arms locked at your sides and have each dumbell at each side of your waist, them use you triceps to extend the weight towards the lower chest and up. Use a hammer grip.

Never heard of this exercise anywhere before, i probably made a new exercise up!! I call it "Wow Strong Arms"!

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by moochems
    impossible; french press is seated 2-arm db extension.

Originally Posted by FredPo
    actually I just read in a magazine

there's usually reason 1 to avoid something
    <->

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by moochems
    I tried these and they were hell on the elbows with a barbell, so use an EZ bar.

Any reverse grip will recruit the tricep head near the elbow.

Also, using reverse grip its alot harder to use a heavy weight.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Squats
    Well you can use them, but they don't do much more then regular close-grip press.
    If they do the same as "regular" close-grip press, how are they worthless?