Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tips to give a girl-friend?

I got this friend that notices my inclination towards bodybuilding. The problem is, she's coming to me for advice. I think she weighs around 130 and wants to lose weight and "tone up".

Should I basically give her guidelines like good diet, cardio=friend, and 12-15 rep exercises for non-hypertrophy and endurance purposes? What exercises can I recommend? I could tell her all sorts of crap on bulking, but getting a woman in shape is different.

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think getting a woman in shape is much different from a man. I'd give her some basic exercises like squats, overhead presses, pull ups and some ab work. I'd tell her to clean up the diet and start doing some regular aerobic exercise. Thats a good beginning in my opinion. One of my female friends from work was recently asking me about losing some fat, i explained the atkins diet to her to help her lose the fat and suggested a mixture of running, biking and swimming to aid in the fat loss process. She seemed to like the idea and is currently doing it.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs

Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr Lee
    I don't think getting a woman in shape is much different from a man. I'd give her some basic exercises like squats, overhead presses, pull ups and some ab work. I'd tell her to clean up the diet and start doing some regular aerobic exercise. Thats a good beginning in my opinion. One of my female friends from work was recently asking me about losing some fat, i explained the atkins diet to her to help her lose the fat and suggested a mixture of running, biking and swimming to aid in the fat loss process. She seemed to like the idea and is currently doing it.
    Thats good. I had to have like a five minute conversation to her explaining why 100 sit ups aren't going to do anything. Situps themselves are a misunderstood exercises anyway and pointlesss for conventional use. Squats are great, I know I recommended those. I told her cardio is her friend, as well as a good diet. Getting sexy muscular curves is probably where the exercies comes in. Pullups, tri-pulldowns(not my choice for mass gain), overhead press, ab work, squats, and calf raises chould do it for her right?

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ageispolis
    I got this friend that notices my inclination towards bodybuilding. The problem is, she's coming to me for advice. I think she weighs around 130 and wants to lose weight and "tone up".

Should I basically give her guidelines like good diet, cardio=friend, and 12-15 rep exercises for non-hypertrophy and endurance purposes? What exercises can I recommend? I could tell her all sorts of crap on bulking, but getting a woman in shape is different.
    The hardest thing I found with trying to help women get in shape is convincing them that starvation diets are not the right way to go about it. They want results so quick, they'll starve themselves, and then just lose water weight, but think they're getting results. Do her a favor and tell her not to look at the scale, just go by how she looks in the mirror, as well as the way her clothes feel. And don't start her out too hardcore. The easiest way to turn her off from working out, is to get her so sore she can't walk or sit for a week.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by Ageispolis
    Thats good. I had to have like a five minute conversation to her explaining why 100 sit ups aren't going to do anything. Situps themselves are a misunderstood exercises anyway and pointlesss for conventional use. Squats are great, I know I recommended those. I told her cardio is her friend, as well as a good diet. Getting sexy muscular curves is probably where the exercies comes in. Pullups, tri-pulldowns(not my choice for mass gain), overhead press, ab work, squats, and calf raises chould do it for her right?

Barbell lunges/SL deads/SL Good mornings and Weighted Decline crunches are the best exercises to develop her "Sexy Muscles". A good lower back with good quads and glutes...................*drools*

Usually the closest I ever see girls come to "freeweights" is Smith Machine Squats

My girlfriend thinks she's as strong as me because she can Leg Press my squat..........................

(instead of explaining the mechanics I decided the prudent thing to do was to concede defeat)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    The hardest thing I found with trying to help women get in shape is convincing them that starvation diets are not the right way to go about it. They want results so quick, they'll starve themselves, and then just lose water weight, but think they're getting results.
    BUMP!!!

1. starve yourself
    2. lose some weight
    3. be happy
    4. put weight back on
    5. be unhappy, repeat from 1, but with even less food and a host of problems from a lack of calories

pretty much what some fall into^, as i see it anyway.

got starvation diet traps?
    got ____?

phat custom title yo desire4dumbells's Avatar
    desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eggy must got starvation traps

cause eggy wont grow......!

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by desire4dumbells
    eggy must got starvation traps

cause eggy wont grow......!
    lol...shhh!!

got to keep a secret?
    got ____?

Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Go light and easy to start. Nothing turns a newbie (especially a female one) off like being sore for a week after her first workout.
    "Cruelty has a human heart, every man does play his part." -Iron Maiden, "Paschendale"

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

"but why make a topic to see other people get mad? answer that question. is this your life that you stay on the computer for hours and make a topic to see other people get mad. then if you do then u have no life. move out of your parents hose and read a book called noob"

Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My girlfriend does a simple workout based around compound exercises and high reps. So she does stuff like bench press, assisted wide grip chin ups, squats, shoulder press etc.

The results were great. Then I explained to her that consistency will make it better. She became consistent only rarely missing a workout and her body became tighter. Then she cleaned up her diet and her body is killer now.

So I would give her that advice. Have a workout based around compounds, high reps and sets (5X15), consistency is the key, and diet will help tremendously.

Oh, and if she says, "I don't want to get BIG!!!" (every girl I've coached has) go find a female BBer and tell your friend to say that to her. The female BBer will hit her and say (in a strangely manly voice) "You think it's EASY to build these muscles biatch!". She'll quickly learn that she's not going to turn into a pro bber by doing a few workouts and will go that much harder in the gym.

they (girls) always seem to be brainwashed by the useless crap you see around you. eg:

-"i can eat this pizza because i have enough points on my weight watchers diet"

-"i worked well today, so im going to reward myself with macdonalds/BK/ice cream etc"

-"the personal trainer/magazine/tv show/*insert famous star's diet* says doing high reps and hundreds of crunches will help me burn fat from my thighs/stomach/hips"

-" i can eat junk food and then force myself to throw up, it will work so well!"

i could go on all day...

got brainwashing by the media?
    got ____?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    have her watch her diet, that will be the biggest factor

because of lack of testosterone (and other good stuff ) she doesn't have to be afraid of turning into a muscle monster by doing stuff like deadlifting and squatting, so she shouldn't be afraid of any exercise.
    <->

Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good advice here. I mostly train women and I think one they understand the basics of exercise and nutrition, they can really get into their workout. Unfortunately many women rely on TV, celebs, etc to guide them.

All they should look at though is their own life, goals, nutrition and exercise. The best thing you could tell your friend is-

* cardio is nice (but not the only thing needed for weight loss)
    * for every pound of lean muscle mass she has, it will burn 35-50 calories/day
    * Forget her actual weight in pounds. Just notice how her clothes fit, how she feels and what others notice about her.
    * Show her healthy ways to eat. Carbs, protein and fat are all needed. Take one out of the equation and the body is not balanced.
    * Rest. Many women either start and then quickly stop their program OR they go freaking crazy and never ever want to rest.

Im sure you already provided her with a good base to learn from. Good luck to her

Lynn
    http://www.strength-training-woman.com