Thread: "Smart Drugs"

FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Smart Drugs"

So I'm taking the ACT 2 Saturday's from now and was wondering if there are any supplements that would (very slightly, of course) improve concentration/memory/mental speed/cognitive abilities.

Possible candidates:
    Ginko Biloba
    Choline
    Caffeine

Can anyone list actual supps which contain any of the above ingredients (except Red bull)?

Also, what kind of foods/supplements have vasodilatory effects, which may increase blood flow to the brain?

This may seem like a stupid question, but with the score I'm aiming for, one wrong answer can make all the difference, and I'm just looking for any possible extra edge. Plus, this topic intrigues me anyway.

BTW, I won't be an idiot and try these things out on test day. I'll definitely be taking them with some practice tests beforehand

ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FerrariLord View Post
    So I'm taking the ACT 2 Saturday's from now and was wondering if there are any supplements that would (very slightly, of course) improve concentration/memory/mental speed/cognitive abilities.

Possible candidates:
    Ginko Biloba
    Choline
    Caffeine

Can anyone list actual supps which contain any of the above ingredients (except Red bull)?

Also, what kind of foods/supplements have vasodilatory effects, which may increase blood flow to the brain?

This may seem like a stupid question, but with the score I'm aiming for, one wrong answer can make all the difference, and I'm just looking for any possible extra edge. Plus, this topic intrigues me anyway.

BTW, I won't be an idiot and try these things out on test day. I'll definitely be taking them with some practice tests beforehand

i would PM a unique nutrition rep...they are the resident smart drug experts IMO

cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get a good nights sleep and relax.... I'm glad I wasn't that worried about the SATs when I was 17. You're setting yourself up for a strong case of anxiety and high blood pressure when you're older.

But as Josh said, PM a UN rep. or search for Nootropics to come up with some good ideas and supplements.
    Team HALEO
    ‡Echo in Eternity‡

http://www.haleo.com/

Joey - 10/16/2011

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)

Possible candidates:
    Ginko Biloba
    Choline
    Caffeine

You can do more than slightly!

Propranolol can raise your SAT scores up to 130 points (if you have test anxiety).

I would avoid gingko, caffeine, and choline B as they arent nootropics and arent very potent.

Increasing blood flow to the brain makes more of a long term effects rather an short time. I would suggest other targets such as raising ACh, Dopamine or GABA levels, increasing processing speed, stimulating interhemisphere communication, etc.

What main aspects of cognition do you want to enhance?
    Last edited by uniquenutrition; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by uniquenutrition View Post

Propranolol can raise your SAT scores up to 130 points (if you have test anxiety).

I would avoid gingko, caffeine, and choline B as they arent nootropics and arent very potent.

Increasing blood flow to the brain makes more of a long term effects rather an short time. I would suggest other targets such as raising ACh, Dopamine or GABA levels, increasing processing speed, stimulating interhemisphere communication, etc.

steve is the man

FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FerrariLord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cal62887 View Post
    Get a good nights sleep and relax.... I'm glad I wasn't that worried about the SATs when I was 17. You're setting yourself up for a strong case of anxiety and high blood pressure when you're older.
    I'm not extremely anxious about the test, although that may change as the date draws closer. But I've studied hard the past few months and am confident that I will do well on the test. More worried about getting into Wharton (UPenn) actually.

Mostly concentration, stamina, focus, and mental speed. For me, the speed part is essential for completing the reading section. What kind of supplements are available that might have an effect on these areas?

hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

should of gone to you guys when I was gonna take my SATs!!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Bayern Munchen Crew
    German-Hungarian Crew
    AZ Sports Crew
    Idaho Brah
    TRUMP 2016
    Finance Crew

"Over 90% of muscle gain is stretching" - ReppinRyan & AnimalAdam

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not extremely anxious about the test, although that may change as the date draws closer. But I've studied hard the past few months and am confident that I will do well on the test. More worried about getting into Wharton (UPenn) actually.

Mostly concentration, stamina, focus, and mental speed. For me, the speed part is essential for completing the reading section. What kind of supplements are available that might have an effect on these areas?
    Pyritinol/Oxiracetam would be up on your list.

Sulbutiamine and PEA may also be helpful.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    make sure you diet is good before the test... have some oats, or other slow digesting carb source... you don't want to spike glucose...

^^^
    read that out of a cognative thinking magazine on nutrition

also... fish oil is another good supplement for all around... bodybuilding/thinking
    caffeine is good, but just make sure its a sugar free energy drink if you do choose to go down that route; just depends how you react to stimmulants
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Propranolol can raise your SAT scores up to 130 points
    What'll increase my *IQ* 130 points? LOL...

hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    What'll increase my *IQ* 130 points? LOL...
    brain transplant
    Bayern Munchen Crew
    German-Hungarian Crew
    AZ Sports Crew
    Idaho Brah
    TRUMP 2016
    Finance Crew

Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    should of gone to you guys when I was gonna take my SATs!!
    I wish I knew about nootropics when I took them -_-

Originally Posted by blink922 View Post
    I wish I knew about nootropics when I took them -_-
    ya I knew there was something a lot of college students were taking some "smart drug" but never thought to look into anything. oh well, I had a nice GPA to counter my barely above average SAT score, so I still can get into a pretty good college then ill go to unique nutrition(seriously they are a top notch company)
    Bayern Munchen Crew
    German-Hungarian Crew
    AZ Sports Crew
    Idaho Brah
    TRUMP 2016
    Finance Crew

ya I knew there was something a lot of college students were taking some "smart drug" but never thought to look into anything. oh well, I had a nice GPA to counter my barely above average SAT score, so I still can get into a pretty good college then ill go to unique nutrition(seriously they are a top notch company)
    Thanks man!

sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000)
    smart drug called......********...provigil....concerta.... muahahahah!
    bb.com....more drama than a jr high school girls bathroom---Buckeyemuscle

DO NOT BUY FROM ALL THE WHEY!!

Support BB.com

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

***Georgia Crew*** ATL ITP

Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Same, thank god. And my ACT score completely demolished my SAT score, so that was good.

And thanks for the compliment We do our best to provide excellent quality nootropics.

simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) simpledude is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks for the compliment and I wish I had taken more nootropics in HS now I am in college they are the shiznit esp. my fav PEA

Pyritinol/Oxiracetam would be up on your list.

Sulbutiamine and PEA may also be helpful.
    Ok, I'll order some of those and start taking them as soon as possible. How much should I take and at what times?

Concerning breakfast, I usually eat this:

2 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
    oats (usually add maple syrup to sweeten)
    orange
    half of a banana
    OJ
    milk
    Fish oil
    MV

How does that sound?

BTW, for Sulbutiamine, do you recommend powder or pill form?

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)

You better be at the top 1% of students from the UK if you want any chance at a pre-law acceptance x__X

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ksujosh6 View Post
    i would PM a unique nutrition rep...they are the resident smart drug experts IMO
    yeah good luck there ive pm'ed and emailed UN 3 times and never got a response

im shocked he replied here

i guess he is too busy to answer pm's

Originally Posted by Outside backer View Post

Steve must have missed it then, because even when I wasn't working for UN I got responses to my PMs within a few hours. If you still have any questions I should be able to answer them.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I love UN's bulk piracetam powder. It does the trick and will put some hair on your chest while drinking it.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Originally Posted by deserusan View Post
    I love UN's bulk piracetam powder. It does the trick and will put some hair on your chest while drinking it.
    I've heard the powder is pretty tasty

I think I'll stick to my Piracetam caps for now...

Ok, I'll order some of those and start taking them as soon as possible. How much should I take and at what times?

Concerning breakfast, I usually eat this:

2 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
    oats (usually add maple syrup to sweeten)
    orange
    half of a banana
    OJ
    milk
    Fish oil
    MV

How does that sound?

BTW, for Sulbutiamine, do you recommend powder or pill form?

Powder unless you like your taste buds then pills.

Originally Posted by Outside backer View Post

Here's its quick and easy with a simply answer. Your email which i did get i want to insure a detailed well thought out reply.
    Last edited by uniquenutrition; 11-27-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Originally Posted by PrisonerDilemma View Post
    You better be at the top 1% of students from the UK if you want any chance at a pre-law acceptance x__X
    Well, actually, I'm not from the UK. I'm only over here for a year while my dad is on a business assignment. Originally from NY, raised in Mississippi.

Wharton is not a law school. It's a business school.