Thread: Devastated :-(

Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000) Ya Boy Dave is a name known to all. (+5000)

Devastated :-(

Didn't want to post this in the misc for obvious reasons, and most posters in this section seem very knowledgable so, here's my prob...

Just recently fell ill, shivering, going from feeling very very cold to unbearably hot, weak, tired, muscle aches. This lasted 3 days before I felt well but I took an extra day off from training just for precaution.

Now I'm back and my lifts are terrible, I'm at least 3-4 reps down on most exercises and moving 5-10kg less weight than usual is still a struggle. It's been 10 days since the sickness and this is really depressing me. I was hoping to compete in a Natural British competition next October but I feel so down and like I'm back to square 1 with my lifting. Anybody have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

P.S I forced myself to eat and stay hydrated, while my diet wasn't 100% I kept my calories up and drank water like no 2moro.

-Dave :-(

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It happens, you're not going to bounce back straight away, it will take a few weeks to regain your strength.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glad to hear your feeling better. There's not much you can do about illness. You'll be back on top in no time.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2-3 weeks tops to get back up to par...no worries.
    reborn.

New workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173535571

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's life for you. We plan things so miticulously and things like that happen. Just stay keep focus and you'll be back at it in no time. Like JImmy V would say: Don't give up. Don't ever give up!
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ya Boy Dave View Post
    Just recently fell ill, shivering, going from feeling very very cold to unbearably hot, weak, tired, muscle aches. This lasted 3 days before I felt well but I took an extra day off from training just for precaution.
    Common cold virus and other kind of viral infection usually last 7-14 days. It sounds like you only rest for 4 days. You won't lose a lot of strength simply by resting for at least 7 days, but you will be much weaker if there is virus in your body. first couple of days Feeling well = finally your immune system is back in control NOT= fully healed and virus free
    Take at least 7 days rest if you are unsure, otherwise, your performance will continue to suffer and your body won't grow any muscle under such stress.