DMoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press Every Other Day

This is an IM between me and a friend. Omitting Screennames. This friend has seen serious gains over the past year, he's moved a 160-170 Bench Press Max to about 275. He eats fast food and stays up all night. How the **** is this possible.

Me: how often do you work like chest? once a week?
    Him: every other day if possible
    Me: really???
    Me: aren't you afraid of overtraining?
    Him: yea
    Him: no
    Me: that's crazy man
    Him: u do upper body one day, then lower the next

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yea well bench press max strength is more of a nervous system fiber recruitment issue than it is a muscle issue. He might have a good bench but I could care less about that. People get too hung up on bench press.
    Peace

Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hot Nikkles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd stick to training 1 muscle once per week, its the best way to go to grow, the person u talked to has very good genetics, or he is lieing to you, and if u know him, then hes not lieing to you, he just has very good genetics and hes lucky, but imagine how much bigger he would be if he trained and ate right,
    "when your not training, your opponent is, and when you meet him, he will beat you"

DMoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he wouldn't lie to me. I've watched him do it.

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Hot Nikkles
    i'd stick to training 1 muscle once per week, its the best way to go to grow, the person u talked to has very good genetics, or he is lieing to you, and if u know him, then hes not lieing to you, he just has very good genetics and hes lucky, but imagine how much bigger he would be if he trained and ate right,
    It's not genetics, its the fact that he's training for strength, not size. I'm guessing this guy just wants to have a high bench press max and the best way to increase a bench max is through a strength training program prolly derived from powerlifting which is good for muscle strength, but won't do **** to fill out the entire chest.
    I'm back. For good.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah three benches, three squats, three deadlifts isn't uncommon for beginner powerlifters, but it will only get you so far
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Every other day is fine for gaining STRENGTH. I have also gained good size by it, but the size gains end at a point.

krisrogers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally posted by str8flexed
    People get too hung up on bench press.
    Peace

AMEN
    sneaky_ferrit@hotmail.com -> msn

BULKING.....Again....

andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i know dumbells are superior, but dont barbells have their place, incline anyway flat hurts my shoulder to much. Many people have built their chests, without even picking up a dumbell for chest, so mixing barbell/dumbell wouldnt that be a good idea? Not lifting with barbell for the benefit of 1 rep max of course, using it normally in the same rep range as dumbells?

anyone?

Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea well bench press max strength is more of a nervous system fiber recruitment issue than it is a muscle issue. He might have a good bench but I could care less about that. People get too hung up on bench press.
    Peace

by str8
    ---------------------------------------------

damn it why can't I think of good things like that to say.

its true though i said to this lad at the gym

"so do you change your routine" he said "no" i said "so what do you bench" he said " 200lbs for 4 reps" then i asked how long he had been training he said three years, but he only he didnt do it properly in the first year. that is complete BS he said before that his uncle is dead good at training and he was the one that dragged him to the gym because he was overweight. his uncles quite big but i dont think he would have let him train wrong.

its like str8's quote- limitations are for people who have them, excuses are for people that need them.

he never changes his routine not once. I bet if he went off bench for 4 weeks and went back to it he couldnt do the weight hes doing now. like str8 said ( im saying that a lot now) its more of muscle fibre recruitment that is especially true if you dont change your routine.

he said to me when you go on holiday for two weeks when you come back it will take 2 weeks to get back into it and lift the same weight you do now. hahahahaha in his face i came back and benched 5 kg morew than i usually do.

just goes to show that there is no substitute for real muscle training. sorry if i have bored you guys but i had to get that off my chest.
    " You say you gave it your all??? but did you did you really??? Now go out there and sweat Blood "

BBJ the daddy!
    the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the guy that can't run fast.