Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50) CeeGee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

do you drop the bar on deadlifts?

or is it one continuous motion?

pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pkirk330 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have a dropping motion on your negative rep youll set your self up for a back injury, so keep it controlled.

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont think he means dropping in the sense of just throwing it down. i think he means either continuous or letting the barbell touch the floor and then going up again.

anyhow i keep it continuous since there is no real reason to go all the way to the floor if ur doing it strictly for ur lower back.

.Future. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .Future. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dropping? Hopefully you control the weight. Even if you dont touch the floor on reps at least get about 2 inches or so and pull back up. I personally prefer this because it takes momentum away.

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by The Real Deal
    i dont think he means dropping in the sense of just throwing it down. i think he means either continuous or letting the barbell touch the floor and then going up again.

anyhow i keep it continuous since there is no real reason to go all the way to the floor if ur doing it strictly for ur lower back.
    The excerise 'deadlift' is done the way the name says, its to build explosive strength, lower, let it rest for a sec, and then explode up, all in a controlled moction.

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    i do em continuous, not putting the bar down until i finish
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do a 'controlled' drop if that makes sense. I drop it back to the floor then continue with the next rep.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs

Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If by 'drop' you mean relax your body and let the weight pull you back down, then no, don't do that. You need to control the negative portion, otherwise you're not really doing the exercise. Not to mention you can get injured.

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stay controlled on deadlifts......... don't fuc$ with your lower back...... your asking for trouble

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Slow controlled negative, just like almost every other exercise.

Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No. Control all the way down. I wouldn't drop it when I'm benching either

Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think he means do you touch it to the floor. And like Lifter 4 Life said, the point of the deadlift is to "lift" "dead" weight, so you should let the bar stop completely on the floor for a second before you lift it between each rep. You do not, however, just drop the bar. You lower it to the ground under control.
    There's only one thing I hate more than working out: being skinny.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

What I do-

It makes a bit of a clanging sound on the ground, but I never release the bar from my grip, and it's a very controlled drop.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since I train to failure, I drop the last rep on the floor...
    I'm just here to learn.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rizay
    Since I train to failure, I drop the last rep on the floor...
    I train to failure too, but I don't drop it.

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    You guys have to read the guys question, hes asking after 1 rep, you set it down, pick it up again, set it down, pick it up, that is the proper way to do a DEADlift.

Lifter,

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _Lifter4Life_
    You guys have to read the guys question, hes asking after 1 rep, you set it down, pick it up again, set it down, pick it up, that is the proper way to do a DEADlift.

Lifter,
    amen. as said above before, hence the name "dead" lift (moving a dead weight, ie: from the floor)

got deads?
    got ____?

Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by _Lifter4Life_

Lifter,
    Yes that's the way I do it.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    After a rep I let it go to the floor but then I pick right back up again, I don't really stop unless the weight is very heavy.

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drop it. But then again, I'm a powerlifter and that's how they do it, because the negative is not judged, just the lift. I don't know about bodybuilding, but I would say that it's very dangerous to do multiple reps without getting properly set up between each rep.

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    Then is it really "failure"...

If it is a question of the reps, as Lifter pointed out, I do not drop it, it is very controlled...
    I'm just here to learn.

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JC-orginalbdass
    I drop it. But then again, I'm a powerlifter and that's how they do it, because the negative is not judged, just the lift. I don't know about bodybuilding, but I would say that it's very dangerous to do multiple reps without getting properly set up between each rep.

I too do a controled drop, re-grip and re-rep. I never let my grip go, I just make sure that my grip is where I want it for the next rep.

Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sasarai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bring it back down to the ground before lifting it back up again. It isn't a deadlift otherwise.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sasarai
    I bring it back down to the ground before lifting it back up again. It isn't a deadlift otherwise.
    What is it then?
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    What is it then?
    Tell us the definition of deadlift and you'll have your answer

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zfan88
    Tell us the definition of deadlift and you'll have your answer
    I know what a deadlift is. He says it's not a deadlift otherwise, then what would you call the lift?
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    I know what a deadlift is. He says it's not a deadlift otherwise, then what would you call the lift?
    An injury waitin to happen.

Lifter,

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always felt it was better to let the floor stop the weight than my back.
    I don't know either lol

Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    I've always felt it was better to let the floor stop the weight than my back.
    Exzactly my point as i stated in my post above urs

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.