rj-1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question is the Power 90 program good/bad for bodybuilding

i've been working out with this new power 90 workout program for a while-at first i just wanted to get in shape but now i'm thinking about getting into serious bodybuilding--does anyone out there think that this program will help me in my body building pursuit or hold me back from acheiving mass/--should i try something else---has anyone even heard of this power 90 program?==
    Last edited by rj-1; 09-08-2005 at 03:08 PM.

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rj-1
    i've been working out with this new power 90 workout program for a while-at first i just wanted to get in shape but now i'm thinking about getting into serious bodybuilding--does anyone out there think that this program will help me in my body building pursuit or hold me back from acheiving mass/--should i try something else---has anyone even heard of this power 90 program?==
    How is it working for you? are you gaining size and strength? only you can answer this question, sure people will have their views on that program but its how its working for you that really matters. Good luck

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power 90 is an excellent program for weight-loss and conditioning. I used the program for a year and dropped 107lbs. I'd say the majority of that was fat, but there was definitely some muscle loss as well. Because the program focuses mainly on cardio, it's not going to do much for packing on muscle.

After getting down from 297lbs. to 190lbs. using Power 90 and the more intese P90X, I hit the gym to start putting some good muscle weight back on. I still mix in Power 90 cardio once in a while, it's a great fatburner. And the ab routines in Power 90 and P90X are as solid as they come for bodyweight only exercises.

Hope this helps.
    31 Years young
    6'2"
    Weight/BF on 04/04: 297lbs./29%bf
    Weight/BF on 11/01: 205lbs./7%bf

airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airdog2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I should add that although I don't think I experienced much/any muscle growth on Power 90, I was completely ripped head-to-toe. THe company that makes it isn't called Beachbody for nothing.
    31 Years young
    6'2"
    Weight/BF on 04/04: 297lbs./29%bf
    Weight/BF on 11/01: 205lbs./7%bf

RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used P90x for 45 days before my last gymnastics meet. I followed it pretty closely, except I ate a lot less than it said too (I wanted to not gain weight).

I made an animation out of the first 40 days, I think I made some good progress, but now that gymnastics is over I'm trying to bulk up. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...hmentid=215050

Really though, I think anyone that goes from not working out to doing any program and any reasonable diet is going to see good results.