xrh93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post workout protein

NCAA Swimmer here.

Dymatize iso 100 is running out, and the MP Combat caught my eye. Should I stick with the iso 100 or go with the combat? I think I've read somewhere that protein blends should be taken at night so should I buy both and take iso 100 after lifting and combat before bed? I'm also interested if theres any cheaper alternatives. Iso 100 is kind of expensive. Is it worth it?

Some extra facts: obviously I take the protein after lifting. I take Endurox R4 after swimming. Also going to start using creatine, probably just 5g a day in the mornings. I lift in the morning, swim in the evening.

I greatly appreciate any tips and advice. Thanks!

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Buy whatever, really doesn't make a difference. Isolate is good, but expensive. WPC (whey protein concentrate) is good as well, and less expensive. Casein is good, but doesn't need to be taken by itself or before bed or whatever broscience people are spewing. A WPC/Casein blend is good for a protein powder, there are lots of options. If you like Dymatize stick with that, they make a variety of protein powders in a ton of flavors. Plus they are very reasonably priced.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Buy whatever, really doesn't make a difference. Isolate is good, but expensive. WPC (whey protein concentrate) is good as well, and less expensive. Casein is good, but doesn't need to be taken by itself or before bed or whatever broscience people are spewing. A WPC/Casein blend is good for a protein powder, there are lots of options. If you like Dymatize stick with that, they make a variety of protein powders in a ton of flavors. Plus they are very reasonably priced.
    Thanks for the fast response. If thats the case I'll try out the Combat.

How Bad Do You Want It? P90XVeteran's Avatar
    P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500) P90XVeteran is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Combat is really good. Give it a shot

Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xrh93 View Post
    Thanks for the fast response. If thats the case I'll try out the Combat.
    For next time shop around ahead of time. You can sometimes score some free samples to try first and then decide. Giant Sports is running a promo now, and their stuff is delicious.
    Dirty Leb Crew
    US Army Infantry 2009-2013 'Murica

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We make an NCAA compliant post-workout product called Cytofuse. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nova/cyto.htm

The watermelon and raspberry lemonade flavors are phenomenal.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Originally Posted by Elliptical Envy View Post
    We make an NCAA compliant post-workout product called Cytofuse.

The watermelon and raspberry lemonade flavors are phenomenal.
    Thats an interesting product. I'll give it a look.

After much looking around, would I need carbs after lifting? I think the carbs (in endurox) would be fine after swimming (2 hours workouts, usually leave me sore especially after lifting), but how about after just lifting? I don't lift more than an hour.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xrh93 View Post
    After much looking around, would I need carbs after lifting? I think the carbs (in endurox) would be fine after swimming (2 hours workouts, usually leave me sore especially after lifting), but how about after just lifting? I don't lift more than an hour.
    You don't need carbs after lifting but some people do consume them. Some people like to consume whey protein of their choice, a post-workout product, or a meal when they get home. It is really up to you and your individual needs.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858