tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Dehydration

Hello,
    First off I'm 20 years old and 130 pounds. I have a question about creatine and dehydration. When I was younger I always noticed I drank wayyy more water than my friends, especially when I was doing something active. I constantly have to have a glass of water next to me. When I first started using creatine I would drink easily 2 gallons of water a day and I could tell I still wasn't getting enough liquids. The main thing I noticed about my dehydration would be waking up after a nights sleep, I woke up feeling like I was hungover aka dehydrated, my skin burned and my head would pound! I'm interested in getting back on Creatine and was wondering if anyone had the same experience? Also how come I consume so much more water than the average person?

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no. creatine doesn't dehydrate the body. it does the very opposite - it hydrates muscle tissue and causes intracellular water retention. why the hell would people use it to build mass if it dehydrated the body?

tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tellmewhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eh it makes you drink more water so it can hydrate the muscle

brotherjd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tellmewhy View Post
    eh it makes you drink more water so it can hydrate the muscle
    i think it dihydrates me too! try the sci-fit kre-alkalyn, that doesnt seem as bad. also check yourself for diabetis (i dont know how to spell it)

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    no. creatine doesn't dehydrate the body. it does the very opposite - it hydrates muscle tissue and causes intracellular water retention. why the hell would people use it to build mass if it dehydrated the body?
    It does dehydrate you becuase it works buy increasing intramuscular solute levels(phosphocreatine stores) and draws water from outside the muscle to maintain equilibrium. It dehydrates you...but hydrates the muscle by pulling in more water(and creatine) into it.

Much like how glycerol monostearate does. That's why you're supposed to drink more water while on creatine or glycerol monostearate.

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Water = a diuretic
    The more water you drink , the more water you piss out

What about your electrolytes (calcium , potassium , magnesium , sodium)?

Sounds like there was a problem before the creatine use...

Originally Posted by tellmewhy View Post
    Hello,
    First off I'm 20 years old and 130 pounds. I have a question about creatine and dehydration. When I was younger I always noticed I drank wayyy more water than my friends, especially when I was doing something active. I constantly have to have a glass of water next to me. When I first started using creatine I would drink easily 2 gallons of water a day and I could tell I still wasn't getting enough liquids. The main thing I noticed about my dehydration would be waking up after a nights sleep, I woke up feeling like I was hungover aka dehydrated, my skin burned and my head would pound! I'm interested in getting back on Creatine and was wondering if anyone had the same experience? Also how come I consume so much more water than the average person?
    Kickin your azz everytime

Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    Water = a diuretic
    The more water you drink , the more water you piss out

What about your electrolytes (calcium , potassium , magnesium , sodium)?

Sounds like there was a problem before the creatine use...
    Thats what I was thinking. Is there anyway I could get a doctor to check me, what would I ask the doctor to do. Hmm electrolytes, Im not really sure what I eat has electrolytes. What should I be consuming for electrolytes?