Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Creatine and Dehydration

Hello,
    First off I'm 20 years old and 130 pounds. I have a question about creatine and dehydration. When I was younger I always noticed I drank wayyy more water than my friends, especially when I was doing something active. I constantly have to have a glass of water next to me. When I first started using creatine I would drink easily 2 gallons of water a day and I could tell I still wasn't getting enough liquids. The main thing I noticed about my dehydration would be waking up after a nights sleep, I woke up feeling like I was hungover aka dehydrated, my skin burned and my head would pound! I'm interested in getting back on Creatine and was wondering if anyone had the same experience? Also how come I consume so much more water than the average person?

Stats: 5'10", 145 lbs
    BodyPoints: 21405
    WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WCC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WCC's BodySpace
    no. creatine doesn't dehydrate the body. it does the very opposite - it hydrates muscle tissue and causes intracellular water retention. why the hell would people use it to build mass if it dehydrated the body?
    my 6-week Novedex XT log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7011981
    ----------
    my 30-day Jungle Warfare log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6441581
    ----------
    "NO products are ghey as hell. Search NO-Explode and you'll get a million threads of 17-21 year-old dumbass people that ask how to dose it, how to cycle it, how to snort it off of a homo's ass." - (((A^T^R)))

tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tellmewhy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eh it makes you drink more water so it can hydrate the muscle

brotherjd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tellmewhy View Post
    eh it makes you drink more water so it can hydrate the muscle
    i think it dihydrates me too! try the sci-fit kre-alkalyn, that doesnt seem as bad. also check yourself for diabetis (i dont know how to spell it)

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    Stats: 5'6", 198 lbs
    BodyPoints: 47972
    stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) stealth_swimmer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit stealth_swimmer's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    no. creatine doesn't dehydrate the body. it does the very opposite - it hydrates muscle tissue and causes intracellular water retention. why the hell would people use it to build mass if it dehydrated the body?
    It does dehydrate you becuase it works buy increasing intramuscular solute levels(phosphocreatine stores) and draws water from outside the muscle to maintain equilibrium. It dehydrates you...but hydrates the muscle by pulling in more water(and creatine) into it.

Much like how glycerol monostearate does. That's why you're supposed to drink more water while on creatine or glycerol monostearate.
    "...that's the great virtue of the free market, of the private market. It enables people...who hate one another...who don't speak the same language...who would fight one another if they had the chance, to cooperate economically. We were able to deal with China when China was a communist state. Even though we thought that that was a terrible arrangement, we could still cooperate. And that's what markets enable people to do. They bring freedom with them."
    - Milton Friedman

Limited Liability Partner gjohnson5's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 15804
    gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gjohnson5 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit gjohnson5's BodySpace
    Water = a diuretic
    The more water you drink , the more water you piss out

What about your electrolytes (calcium , potassium , magnesium , sodium)?

Sounds like there was a problem before the creatine use...

Originally Posted by tellmewhy View Post
    Hello,
    First off I'm 20 years old and 130 pounds. I have a question about creatine and dehydration. When I was younger I always noticed I drank wayyy more water than my friends, especially when I was doing something active. I constantly have to have a glass of water next to me. When I first started using creatine I would drink easily 2 gallons of water a day and I could tell I still wasn't getting enough liquids. The main thing I noticed about my dehydration would be waking up after a nights sleep, I woke up feeling like I was hungover aka dehydrated, my skin burned and my head would pound! I'm interested in getting back on Creatine and was wondering if anyone had the same experience? Also how come I consume so much more water than the average person?
    Kickin your azz everytime

Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    Water = a diuretic
    The more water you drink , the more water you piss out

What about your electrolytes (calcium , potassium , magnesium , sodium)?

Sounds like there was a problem before the creatine use...
    Thats what I was thinking. Is there anyway I could get a doctor to check me, what would I ask the doctor to do. Hmm electrolytes, Im not really sure what I eat has electrolytes. What should I be consuming for electrolytes?