kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bob Denver: R.I.P.

For many of us who spent our childhood in the 1960's and 70's, Gilligan's Island was the epitome of quality television.

I had the opportunity to meet Bob Denver at a boating show in Toronto many years ago. When I shook his hand and thanked him for those endless hours of entertainment, he smiled and said that it was hearing things like that, that made his acting career worthwhile.

Rest in Peace, Bob...you're God's little buddy now.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just heard the news on the radio. Yes, he brought a lot of joy to us and we'll miss him.
    I'm sore!

josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At last he is finally off that island.

I remember him when he was the Beatnik Maynard G Krebs, on the old Dobie Gillis show.
    I can still remember him explaling that the the G in his name stood for Walter and watching him flinch when someone said the word work.

r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by josh jr
    I remember him when he was the Beatnik Maynard G Krebs, on the old Dobie Gillis show.
    Oh, man, I forgot about that! Maynard was cool!!!
    I'm sore!

josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh jr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by r8rrob
    Oh, man, I forgot about that! Maynard was cool!!!
    Going to give you reps for remembering Maynard. I thougt people were going to ask what I was talking about.
    Last edited by josh jr; 09-06-2005 at 01:42 PM.

stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50) stlcards will become famous soon enough. (+50)

first I heard of it.

I used to come home everyday after school and reruns of gilligans island.

Yes, he did get off that island. Why didn't he and maryann ever get together. Both were wholesome, naive, should have worked out.

Originally Posted by josh jr
    Going to give you reps for remembering Maynard. I thougt people were going to ask what I was taking about.
    Maynard had a goatee back when only, well, beatniks had goatees.
    Attached Images
    I'm sore!

gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everytime I saw him as Maynard, I thought if a pre-Scooby Doo Shaggy. Just lighten up the hair a bit and you got it. He gave me alot to laugh about growing up.

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for all the laughs and fun, Gilligan. You'll always have a special place in the hearts of all us kids of the 60's and 70's. I'd come home everyday and watch three shows faithfully - Gilligan's Island, Star Trek and Wild Wild West.. Ah, those were the days!

Grant Eternal Rest unto Bob, oh Lord.
    And may your perpetual light shine upon him....
    When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
    When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
    When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
    I will hunt mice, for I am a hunter,
    And I must have my freedom.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "I'm NOT gonna dress up like a girl, and you can't make me.....you can't make me......you can't make me!"
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by gumbo32
    Everytime I saw him as Maynard, I thought if a pre-Scooby Doo Shaggy. Just lighten up the hair a bit and you got it. He gave me alot to laugh about growing up.
    You nailed it..Thanks for the laugh

tenpercent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tenpercent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    RIP, you'll be missed.

Gilligan was the best. My brother and I could watch the same rerun for the 19th time and still found it funny. Gilligan's Island and Lost in Space the 2 best shows from my childhood.
    5'8", 36 years old.

1997: ~210 pounds, ~38" waist
    1/2005: 130 pounds, 29" waist
    8/2005: 140 pounds, 29" waist
    9/2005: 141 pounds, 29" waist