Thread: New Workout

lynnl87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Workout

Well, let me at least give my stats and what I'm wanting.
    I'm 19, about to be 20. 5'10", 181lbs. About a month ago I weighed 205 lbs, and I decided to start a workout/cardio program for myself without really knowing what to do. I'd do machine weights full body for an hour, then run for 30 minutes. I was doing this for 5 days straight because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing at all.(hold the laughter.)

After doing that for a month, I noticed I was losing weight and feeling healthier, but didn't notice any change in my body at all. You figure after losing 24 lbs there would be a change, but there wasn't. I've still got that stomach fat and man boobs when I sit down, and the man boobs are still there when I stand up. Thats why I decided to come here.

Can anyone suggest a workout regimen for me? I only have M-F to workout, anywhere from 1-3 hours generally (depending on if I need to pickup my nephew or not) Also, is there some sort of supplement that is cheap (Like Creatin or something)?

My previous exercises consisted of 3 sets of 12 reps on each machine (I think it was Rows, Triceps(50-60lbs),Biceps(45-55,yes I know, weak), Upper Back(Lat Pull down or whatever, 175 lbs), Lower Back(Trunk Extention I think, 210lbs), Hamstring(75lbs), Calf, and Leg Press(225lbs). I don't know if the weights are good or not, but thats what I was lifting at the end of that month. I desperately want to move to free weights though. I've noticed the difference between that and machine weights.

Any pieces of advice would be wonderful. Thanks in advance and godbless.

darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Search option is your friend!
    You don't want man boobs or your gut look into going on a diet (don't know what your eating habits are now). Training by itself will make a difference but training and dieting together will make a HUGE impact on the way you look, and the way you feel.

As far as training goes, for now I would stick to basics and work your way up into more advance movements. Make sure you don't rush, it takes time and practice before you can start doing squats or clean and press. You can try the following:

Mon, Wed, Fri
    Leg press 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Leg Extension 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Seated leg curl 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Machine chest press 2 sets 8-12 reps (you can also use regular bench press or smith machine if you're not yet comfotable with using regular bench)
    Seated cable row 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Side lateral rise 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Triceps pushdown (cables) 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Dumbbell biceps curls 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Hip extension 2 sets 8-12 reps
    Abs (mix it up between planks, crunches, situps, ball situps etc.)

After 4 weeks you can add another set to each exercise. Try not to rest longer then 90 seconds between sets and no longer then 2 minutes between exercises. Always maintain correct form. Increase intensity, sleep a lot, eat right. If you need help with your diet send me a PM.

Like I said before Search option is your friend, there are plenty of resources and very knowledgeable people on this site as well as on forums.

Darius
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Commit to be fit. ~Unknown