Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)

How long do you rest between sets?

I've heard that it should be 30sec-1min, but some guy at my gym says it should be "however long it takes", maybe 5 minutes, even!
    I think that's WAAAAY to long, because you can't give your all if you're giving only 10 seconds of "your all" and then chilling for enough time to fully recover... I feel NOTHING when I do this. Aren't I SUPPOSED to be tearing my muscles down?
    Again, I could be wrong.
    So how long should I rest?

**Edit: Sorry for the misquote metaldrummer-- I changed this post slightly.
    Last edited by Spottydog; 11-24-2007 at 02:18 AM.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    I've heard that it should be 30sec-1min, but some guy at my gym says it should be "however long it takes", maybe 5 minutes, even!
    I think that's WAAAAY to long, because you can't give your all if you're giving only 10 seconds of "your all" and then chilling for 5 minutes... I feel NOTHING when I do this.
    For me, 90 seconds to 2 and a half minutes, but I train for strength and power, not size.

scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends. On my heavy nights when max effort is requird, 3-5 minutes between sets. On my light nights when speed and rhythm counts, 30-45 seconds.

metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Angry

I think that's WAAAAY to long, because you can't give your all if you're giving only 10 seconds of "your all" and then chilling for 5 minutes... I feel NOTHING when I do this, but his logic is it lets your muscles "heal". I say screw it, I'll heal AFTER my workout... aren't I SUPPOSED to be tearing my muscles down?
    Again, I could be wrong.
    LOL please don't misquote me. I never said that the time between sets let your muscles heal, all I said was I thought YOU needed longer rests between your sets just by watching you kill yourself. Yes sometimes I will take up to five minutes between sets, especially if I'm doing heavy deadlifts or legs, but I guess you know what you're doing. I wasn't saying you needed to rest 5 minutes, just longer than you were...
    Last edited by metaldrummer; 11-24-2007 at 01:46 AM.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ya, I think if you wait that long your muscles loose their pump and the blood thats rushing to them. I think you should rest enough to give it your all but not long enough for them to recover.

kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyokushin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I superset alot of my workouts so ill do 2 sets of 8-10 reps right after each other then rest for about 60 seconds.

chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrono_silva has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i used to time myself. usually around 1min-90 sec of rest as i was doing pretty heavy weights but at a lower rep count. however now i try to do rest according to my body, but taking in the time as to not rest too long. this has worked for me. it could be 20sec, 1min or even 2.

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    usually around a minute

ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ridley89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go about 1 to 1:30 mins for small muscle groups and then about 2 to 2:30 mins for the bigger lifts like bench press, squats, leg press, deadlifts.
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just listen to kyo on this one, he does sets of 43 pushups

blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blightning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh sorry my bad pullups, pushups would probably be like 2,000. But back on topic I rest up to 2 or 3 minutes max.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by metaldrummer View Post
    LOL please don't misquote me. I never said that the time between sets let your muscles heal, all I said was I thought YOU needed longer rests between your sets just by watching you kill yourself. Yes sometimes I will take up to five minutes between sets, especially if I'm doing heavy deadlifts or legs, but I guess you know what you're doing. I wasn't saying you needed to rest 5 minutes, just longer than you were...
    Sorry, maybe I sorta misunderstood...
    I guess I remebered 5 minutes from somewhere else... sorry... my bad.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just rest as long or as little as you want.

when i'm trying to move more weight, i'll rest more.

if i'm supersetting, i move immediately to the next exercise with almost no rest.

Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I try to keep it as intense as possable..most of the time my rest is like 25-30 sec then im back at it
    ((Team Pro-Edge))

naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50) naughtyneil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For larger body parts (chest, back, legs) I rest a little longer as I find them more intense. I usually go with how my body feels as well, get my breath back a bit, have some water, refocus and then I'm good to go.

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    80 seconds
    risk nothing, gain nothing

Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skull Crusher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm hoping that some people here just have horrible perceptions of time, because 5 minutes - in my opinion - is just way to long to recover from an exercise, no matter how intense the workout is. True, recovery times vary from person to person. But if it takes you 5 minutes to recover, chances are you need some serious work on your endurance/conditioning.

I try to make sure my recovery time is about 60 - 90 seconds max.
    06/23/07 - 282 lbs.

07/14/07 - 263 lbs.

08/04/07 - 263 lbs.

08/25/07 - 250 lbs.

09/15/07 - 243 lbs.

10/06/07 - 233 lbs.

10/27/07 - 230 lbs.

11/17/07 - 225 lbs.

Current: 224 lbs. (10/02/14)

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good rule of thumb:
    rest until your breathing/pulse rate is back to a reasonable level!
    i wait until i am no longer breathing heavily and jump back in!
    after awhile you wont really have to think about it and you will know when you are ready!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    as short as 30 seconds to as long as 5 minutes
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    60 seconds on smaller lifts. 90 seconds on more taxing single axis lifts. 2-3 minutes or more on large compound lifts. Its a balance between recovery, muscle cooldown, and overall workout length.

Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    good rule of thumb:
    rest until your breathing/pulse rate is back to a reasonable level!
    i wait until i am no longer breathing heavily and jump back in!
    after awhile you wont really have to think about it and you will know when you are ready!
    thats what i do...

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    just rest as long or as little as you want.

when i'm trying to move more weight, i'll rest more.

if i'm supersetting, i move immediately to the next exercise with almost no rest.
    Yup.

I rest 3-5 minutes between sets, except for leg curl and calf work where I only rest a very short time.

Might experiment with a faster pace of training soon enough, but for now, what I'm doing is workin' great.

you can't give your all if you're giving only 10 seconds of "your all" and then chilling for enough time to fully recover...
    The longer you rest, the more force you can exert.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Skull Crusher View Post
    I'm hoping that some people here just have horrible perceptions of time, because 5 minutes - in my opinion - is just way to long to recover from an exercise, no matter how intense the workout is. True, recovery times vary from person to person. But if it takes you 5 minutes to recover, chances are you need some serious work on your endurance/conditioning.

I try to make sure my recovery time is about 60 - 90 seconds max.
    Depends on the goal of the set. If you're truly maxing out on squats and deadlifts or doing some crazy rest-pausing on them (i.e. 20 rep squats), why impose time constraints at all? Rest until you feel ready.

Generally 1-3 mins for bb'ing training is a solid guideline, with longer rest times for heavy freeweight compounds and shorter rest times for machines and isos.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Normally, a few minutes between sets. I get a drink of water almost always etc.

Up to 10 minutes between heavy deadlift sets.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whatever time it takes to re-rack and get new weights for warm up sets/ between warm up sets and work sets.
    75-90 seconds between work sets when doing isolation/semi-iso exercises. (curls, tricep extensions, db presses of all kinds)
    2 minutes between squat sets, unless doing extremely heavy sets, then 4-5 minutes
    When training calves I wait till the burning sensation goes away and then hit them again.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Skull Crusher View Post
    no
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For my squat and dead lift days, I rest 5 minutes between sets. I need to catch my breath. Those are intense.

On all other exercises I rest 2-3 minutes maximum.

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I rest 48.3 seconds between sets, and 14 minutes 32 seconds between exercises.

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LungeManiac View Post
    For my squat and dead lift days, I rest 5 minutes between sets. I need to catch my breath. Those are intense.

On all other exercises I rest 2-3 minutes maximum.
    What he said.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000) battousai216 is just really nice. (+1000)
    when i do squats, deads, and bench press i go heavy, doing only about 5 reps and rest about 2 minutes. However, with most everything else, i stick to 8-12 reps and rest 45-60 seconds between sets.
    you wanna know how i did it, this is how, i never saved anything for the swim back.