Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000)

Morien's Ready to Eat Collection

Hey all,

thought I would add some reviews of the various protein bars/cookies/etc that have wandered into my collection. Hope this helps some wade through the sea of crap that is protein bars to find the rare jewel.

Updated until I run out of bars, or run out of steam

Scores out of 10 won't be given, but my thoughts will be obvious.

Morien
    Goals are invaluable. Pick one, and reach it. Let nothing stop you, especially not yourself. Don't change goals flippantly. Motivation will come from progress, which can only be seen when measured against a goal. If you change your goals before ever achieving them then you will lose all motivation, all reason for doing, and you will fail. Completely, and utterly: success, or failure, is up to you, and what you are willing to give.

Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000)
    First up, Premier Nutrition's Titan Chocolate Chip Cookie

I like this cookie. No, it is not just like biting into a freshly baked cookie. Yes, it is chewy (which some like, some don't, I did). But damn it, something about it, I just like it. Seems it *may* be discontinued since I'm finding it harder to find now, but if you do see it, give it a shot. Not the best thing I will review, but it had me going back. This one here is the last one I have from the box of 12 (well, 24, since it is two per pouch - which I hate companies doing).
    Each cookie weighs in at 144Cal, F: 5g, C: 10g, P: 10g. Better macros (and, realistically, taste) from Quest bars, but these were a nice chewy change, and didn't get hard in my pantry like some other bars have been known to.

Would I buy it again? Yes.
    Would it be my choice to take with me to a desert island? Nah. Good for a treat, but it will get old.
    Should you buy it? I think so
    Goals are invaluable. Pick one, and reach it. Let nothing stop you, especially not yourself. Don't change goals flippantly. Motivation will come from progress, which can only be seen when measured against a goal. If you change your goals before ever achieving them then you will lose all motivation, all reason for doing, and you will fail. Completely, and utterly: success, or failure, is up to you, and what you are willing to give.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cool thread. The Premier Nutrition's Titan Chocolate Chip Cookie looks really soft and moist.

Dymatize Elite Gourmet 6-Layer High Protein Bar: Caramel Toffee Crunch

Ok, back for another bite.
    Received this bar in the mail today. Was interested to try it since I don't recall every seeing a review of the Dymatize bars. Was it worth it? Well... maybe.

First, what I liked:
    There is this layer of caramel which was SO juicy! Juicy is the best word that I can think of to describe it. I have never had a protein bar before that had a part so... well... juicy!

But, what I didn't like...
    Now, understand that most of the reviews I put up will have been after I've devoured a box. So this is the first time I've had any of Dymatize's offerings. And full disclosure: this bar has reached its best before. Given those caveats I must say: there was no crunch. The flavour wasn't necessarily "Caramel Toffee" either, but I enjoyed it, and that's what counts. I didn't finish it and have to fight myself to stop from having another, but while we were together we had fun.

Would I buy it again? No. There are so many better options out there (as you will see), but it didn't make me want to take a bar of soap to my tongue.
    Should you buy it? If it is there. If it is cheap. If you are interested. Sure. But just one.

Edit: Cal: 300, F: 10g, C: 36g, P: 30g
    Last edited by Morien; 07-19-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    Cool thread. The Premier Nutrition's Titan Chocolate Chip Cookie looks really soft and moist.
    Thanks, mate. I could see not everybody liking it, but I really did!

swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In and subbed.

Quest Nutrition Cookies & Cream

Why are you reading this??? Do you really need to? I'm sure you have read other reviews of this bar, but if you haven't, trust me, this is a good bar! Now, I eat protein bars, so perhaps my testimony cannot be trusted. But if you feel that way, you may just be in luck! I gave one of these to a friend to try. His response? "No way!" He couldn't believe they weren't full of sugar and other crap, or that they were high in protein. They really are tasty.... and dem poops afterwards be so fluffy!

Various ways to have Quest bars for those not in the know.
    The first time I had Quest bars I didn't like them. They were shipped from overseas, taking a few weeks, sitting in warehouses and aboard planes and trucks. All that time they ended up pretty hard and chewy. Never did I think that I might do something about it. Now, C&C is one flavour that i love even if it isn't that soft, but in general there are a few ways to treat your Quest bars.
    1) Microwave for about 10 seconds
    2) Put under the grill for a couple of minutes (monitor)
    3) Bake for a few minutes
    4) The out and about express: keep it in your pocket until it gets nice and droopy (like in the pic).

Amazing!

Will I buy again? Already have... a few times over.

Macros: Cal: 180, P: 21g, C: 22g (17g Fiber), F: 7g

Go, son!
    Last edited by Morien; 07-19-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Originally Posted by swks26 View Post
    In and subbed.
    Thanks, man. And so, just for you....

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Peanut Butter

The best thing about the above picture? The plate.

Serious. I did not enjoy this bar. It was straight from the fridge, so it was a bit solid (I'll give another one a go another day from room temp), but I just did not enjoy it one bit. Bitter taste. I LOVE peanut butter, but I did NOT love this bar.

Would not buy again.

Positives.... positives... OH! I liked that there were nuts.

Finished it (as I tend to do), but washed it down with something else...

Short review, yes. But longer than what it was going to be: "Nope"

Edit: Cal: 390, F: 19g, C: 18g. P: 30g of bleh
    Last edited by Morien; 07-19-2014 at 08:45 PM.

swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swks26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn, that Elite Gourmet looks amazing especially with the nuts. I fuking love chocolate bars with nuts (like Picnic).
    Sad about the review. Looking forward to the rest !

Originally Posted by swks26 View Post
    Damn, that Elite Gourmet looks amazing especially with the nuts. I fuking love chocolate bars with nuts (like Picnic).
    Sad about the review. Looking forward to the rest !
    Yep. Was really looking forward to it when i opened the wrapper and nuts started falling out.

Labrada Lean Body Gold Hi-Protein Bar - Caramel Peanut

This bar... You have to try this bar.

For a while there I googled 'protein bar like snickers'. I found some suggestions, but each that I tried was crap. To this day I STILL have no idea how anyone could compare a Labrada Rockin' Roll Peanut bar to a Snickers. I gave up, but then heard about these Gold bars, and man, am I glad I did.

I wouldn't say it is an exact facsimile of a Snickers bar, but to be honest, i kind of prefer them to the real thing! In honesty, to me, they aren't the greatest 'candy' protein bar, that title I think belongs to FortiFX Crunch bars (review in the future). But man do I love these bars. With the exception of the Dymatize bars already reviewed, I tend to review a bar only after I have had it multiple times (usually after going through an entire box). So usually you can be sure that i haven't just recommended a bar because it is "different", but because it is actually a good bar. These are GREAT bars.

They come in three flavours (Peanut Butter and Jelly, Caramel Peanut, and S'Mores). I'll eventually review all three.

You have to... you just have to try these bars.

Will I buy them again? Oh, hell yes. I'm in my second box now.
    Should you buy them? Well, that depends. Do you want peanut caramelly goodness in your mouth? If the flavour appeals, get it. It tastes like what it is called.

Macros: Cal: 360, P: 25g, C: 33g, F: 14g of mmmmmmm

Labrada Lean Body Gold Hi-Protein Bar - Peanut Butter & Jelly

This bar is awesome! It is easy to know what to expect. Go put a spoonful of peanut butter in your mouth and another of jelly. That is how it tastes. It is the most accurately named bar you could get. Photo quality isn't great (camera isn't great), but you get the idea. I would wholeheartedly recommend any of the Labrada Gold bars (I tried the S'Mores Delight flavour for the first time yesterday, and that may possibly be my top choice).

Would I buy it again? Absolutely.
    Should you buy it? Like pb&j? Then yes. Yes you should.

Macros: P: 25g, C: 36g, F: 12g, Cal: 350

Awesome!

Clif Builder's MAX - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Not a fan of this bar. It has all of the hallmarks of a protein bar - hard to chew, poor representation of taste. The kind of bar you should just replace with a Snickers and a protein shake. Nutritionally it isn't great, and while it isn't something that you'd struggle to keep down, it isn't something you would look forward to either. Doesn't really taste like Cookie Dough, and I began to relegate it to a mix in with protein sludge concoctions - always plaguing me to finish the box before they expired.

Won't be buying it again, there are just too many other options out there that are better.

Macros: Cal: 380, P: 30g, C: 40g (4g of fibre), F: 12g