toopchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toopchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Eating Before Bed ! Good or Bad ??

Hi guys. when i first started BBing, my trainer (motherf*****) told me that anything i eat 2-hours before bed will make me fat. after i joined this community, i saw a lot of studies that negates that, but there r still ppl in my gym who think its bad to eat before bedtime.

now i was browsing the site and i found this article
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/anthony2.htm

this guy negates eating at that time too,

plz help me , tell me wats rite to do, any help would be greatly appreciated coz i love drinkin milk late night
    i dont love my gym, but i love my kitchen ..

eat, eat, eat, when full, eat some more

Sabretooth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabretooth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eating before bed is a necessity IMO. I mean your body is going for hours without precious nutrients and muscle building food. Not eating 2 hours before bed is a good way to lose muscle.

The only golden rule is to avoid eating carbs.

Some awesome things to eat before bed are;

Almonds and walnuts - Full of calories, nutrients and good fats, perfect for bulking. AND they increase testorone!!

Milk, cottage cheese, yogurt - These contain ceasin protein which is slowly absorbed by the body and helps you get through the night with protein.

Peanut butter - as above

Its also the best time to have your good fats such as fish and flax oil to avoid bad breath and because its in a period of low activity. ( Remember high activity = carbs, low = good fats)

Tell your trainer hes a idiot.

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes anyone telling you to not eat before bed is a complete moron. They don't anything. During sleep is when you grow the most, and where do you think you're going to get your nutrients to build up your growth? Hmmm? That is why you eat before you go to bed, to stay anabolic all night and like mentioned above, eat your cottage cheese. Also get a good fat source like peanut butter, almonds, fish oil.

Oh and please, nutrition and working out isn't rocket science, so please rid of your stupid trainer and learn it all yourself here on bodybuilding.com
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

toopchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toopchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Sabretooth
    Eating before bed is a necessity IMO. I mean your body is going for hours without precious nutrients and muscle building food. Not eating 2 hours before bed is a good way to lose muscle.

The only golden rule is to avoid eating carbs.

Some awesome things to eat before bed are;

Almonds and walnuts - Full of calories, nutrients and good fats, perfect for bulking. AND they increase testorone!!

Milk, cottage cheese, yogurt - These contain ceasin protein which is slowly absorbed by the body and helps you get through the night with protein.

Peanut butter - as above

Its also the best time to have your good fats such as fish and flax oil to avoid bad breath and because its in a period of low activity. ( Remember high activity = carbs, low = good fats)

Tell your trainer hes a idiot.
    yea dude, thats wat i say. but just got confused so i thought why not ask u guys, thnx
    btw, my bedtime meal is this :
    1 glass of milk,
    2 tablespoons of honey,
    two whole eggs (raw in milk)
    and a piece of any fruit

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dexterium
    Oh and please, nutrition and working out isn't rocket science, so please rid of your stupid trainer and learn it all yourself here on bodybuilding.com
    well said, but just so u know i got rid of him 6-months ago, when i started visiting BB.com. this place rocks man
    thnx guys

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)

Whoa Now!

drop the honey.
    Many will argue with the "no Carbs before bed." When it comes to the subject, I say whatever works for you... but honey?!? Try some oats or an apple instead. Honey is a potent carb source. If you like honey, move it PWO. Tasty stuff. I used to eat it all the time PWO in the summer.
    Seriously though, as the cliche states: cottage cheese and PB before bed. Healthy fat and slow digesting protien.

nice advice. i ate it just for the taste, but dont question on ma milk. i just cant leave it
    i'll add some cheese though