asain_nerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does it normally take to get in shape?

I've been following the program Max-OT for 6 weeks and the result is not very satisfying: i only weigh 5 lbs up, my arms goes up 1/4 inch, my chest 3 iches. Is that normal or too poor? I'd tried several programs before but they just wouldnt help. Normally if you don't use supplements, how is the result you gain in 8 weeks? How long does it take an average person to look completely different?
    Uhm, could it be like, actually your arm is getting bigger though the circumstance just stays the same?
    Btw, is weighted pushups with pushup bars good? Is it any inferior to bench press? If so, why?

SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While Id be pleased with gains like that in 6 weeks, I think its alittle impatient to measure results in that short of a time span... It takes years to get the most out of wieghtlifting, or any exercise/sport for that matter.

How long to look tottally different? You could easily make drastic differences in alittle less than a year if you knew exactly what you were doing, had plenty of food, knew your routines, creatine and whey wouldnt hurt.

Id say wieghted push ups, while different than the bench, probably are a good upper-upper body exercise. What is a pushup bar?