k4rnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine, sucrose, dextrose, and high-fructose corn syrup.

Ok So i did a search and didn't find anything to fit my question. I usually take creatine with my protein shake (banana, protein, strawberries, orange juice and vanilla ice cream), but I've realized that can be too much effort sometimes and bought a bottle of gatorade powder. I hear dextrose and creatine go very good together, but does this go with sucrose too?

I've heard high-fructose corn syrup isn't healthy or helpful at all, but can someone explain why? I remember learning in bio-chemistry that the body turns all the sugars we consume into one thing - glucose. So why would different sugars make a difference? I'm just curious, I like the science behind it. The reason I ask is because sometimes I drink the liquid gatorade (with tons of high-fruc syrup) during a workout, and sometimes I drink a rockstar before a workout. I would just liek to know if it's safe to do this once in a while or if i should lay off all the corn syrup that I can. I've been laying off soda and everything that I can but once in a while that rockstar is nice before a workout.
    Going to war for peace is like having sex for virginity.

18 y.o.
    130 lbs
    Bench Rep: 5x175
    Bench Max: 1x220
    Squat Max: 250 (Don't do them now coz of tennis season)
    Deadlift Rep: 8x200
    Deadlift Max: 1x260

Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baron_Evola will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well ur goal in using carbs with creatine is to make an insulin spike so the creatine goes into ur muscles... glucose causes insulin spikes, and the other ones have to get converted to glucose before that happens... i think.

also, fructose replenishes ur liver's glycogen and not ur muscles.

go with dextrose. isn't that what's in gatorade powder anyway?

k4rnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yeah

yeah, dextrose is in gatorate powder, but i was also curious if the sucrose had any advantage at all or was just neutral in the whole situation. How much should I use? As much as I can handle or just the reccomended?
    Going to war for peace is like having sex for virginity.

18 y.o.
    130 lbs
    Bench Rep: 5x175
    Bench Max: 1x220
    Squat Max: 250 (Don't do them now coz of tennis season)
    Deadlift Rep: 8x200
    Deadlift Max: 1x260

gonzo_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it can get complicated when addressing the amount of carbs required post workout as it depends on frequency of intake. research has been aimed towards measuring the rate of muscle glycogen restorage as the faster the muscle glycogen stores can be replenished after exercise the faster the recovery process and theoretically the greater the return of performance capacity.

apparently a carbohydrate-protein solution enhances muscle glycogen by consuming a drink that has 0.8g-1.0/kg of body weight carbs (simple) and 0.4g/kg of body weight protein immediately upon exercise and after 2 hrs of exercise. however, it has also been shown that increasing the frequency of carb intake (every 30 mins) as well as the amount (above 0.8-1.0g/kg of body weight) to a sufficient level (1.2g/kg) may negate the effect of protein and result in similar recovery.....