shootyk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shootyk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shootyk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

chocolate protein powder keeping me awake?

i take a chocolate musclemilk before bed. i workout 3 hours before bed so the pump has died down before i get into bed. i doubt that i am still "pumped" from my workout, but i have had problems falling asleep. i know that chocolate has caffeine in it. i was wondering if this is possibly keeping me awake?

Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stuntdawg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by shootyk
    i take a chocolate musclemilk before bed. i workout 3 hours before bed so the pump has died down before i get into bed. i doubt that i am still "pumped" from my workout, but i have had problems falling asleep. i know that chocolate has caffeine in it. i was wondering if this is possibly keeping me awake?

Why are there two identical threads under two user names? Delete the other one.

sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this guy stole my post

ban him for being weird...

sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    someone respond...

ingo_1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ingo_1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are the ingredients?

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sammylou
    someone respond...
    Chocolate does contain a small concentration of caffeine. Try not taking any Muscle Milk one night, and see how you react.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I seem to stay awake awhile post workout. Protein shakes with chocolate could keep you awake but the content of caffeine in one is nothing serious unless you dont drink caffeine products at all. Try using Vanilla shakes or some other flavor if you see that its the shake keeping you awake. The shakes i take are chocolate but im used to too much caffeine in my mountain dews to notice a difference.
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxdcmast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shootyk
    My guess is that since you are lifting 3 hours before you are going to bed you are temporarily pushing back your bodys natural sleeping rhythm. This can be done with strenuous excercise before going to bed.

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is the chocolate flavour system in MM actually chocolate?
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Da Main Man
    is the chocolate flavour system in MM actually chocolate?

If its sweetened with cocoa, then it could contain a bit of caffeine, but its a very small "bit". I was reading a thread on avant a few days ago and the amount of caffeine listed was very insignificant.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Jarred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question What Else Do You Take ?

What else do you take before you train? We need to rule out any other products that you are using, it might not be the protein that is keeping you up?

Do you take any regular medication,have any underlying medical condition?

Sorry to ask , I am a paramedic i know this stuff, i deal with it everyday!

i take white blood, which probably does not help, since it gets you amped to workout, although i would expect it to ware off after 4 hours. post workout i take green bulge and ON whey, and then before be MM, with a meal in between. i think the workout so close to bedtime is keeping this dude awake though...
    Last edited by sammylou; 09-03-2005 at 11:46 AM.

obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) obstakleone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    try taking your shake with milk.. milk tends to sit heavy in the stomach and help you fall asleep earlier