Closed Thread
    akondog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kevin Spacey's approach to training in American Beauty

Just an observation: When I was in high school I remember visiting a friends
    house and watching his relatives proceed to smoke marijuana and then subsequently train. I asked them why they did it...(I assumed they were just potheads that were severly undereducated about "proper" training technique). He told me when was high he was able to achieve a higher state of aggression and thus lift heavier and grow bigger. Granted this guy was pretty huge...I just didn't get it. I know this is subject to get flamed...but I also think it's worth discussing and getting people's opinions on it. If some people use stacks to get more agro...who's to say one cannot use another substance? To each his own, right?

Another thing - just because a certain drug has a theoretical effect on a person's body, it can affect people's minds differently. Since a big part of training is mental...why not sacrifice a little of your body to gain a much larger mental advantage...the net effect is positive.
    akondog

"Your soul can take you where your mind cannot"

TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They were just potheads, marijuana does not enhance training and smoking it before working out is potentially dangerous.

powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) powerman2000 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Effect of Marijuana on The Body

After three or four decades of study, researchers have proof of the damage that cigarette smoking has on the respiratory system. Smoking marijuana is also harmful. Smoking is linked to asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, heart disease, and various forms of cancer, especially in the lungs. Smoking is also connected to an increase in complications during pregnancy and labor, and infants born to mothers who smoke may weigh less than those born to nonsmokers. Marijuana smoke contains many of the respiratory irritants found in cigarette smoke, such as carbon monoxide and tar. However, it has ingredients not found in cigarette smoke. Marijuana has 50%% more tar than tobacco, its smoke is more irritating, and it has a greater effect on the upper airways (sinuses and larynx). It irritates the lower air passages (trachea and bronchi), and since marijuana smokers inhale more deeply and hold it for longer periods of time, the amount of toxins are increased. The smoke injures lung tissues and cells responsible for warding off infections and viruses. It is likely that marijuana smoking, like cigarette smoking, can cause cancerous tumors. There are fungi, bacteria, herbicides, and foreign chemicals in marijuana which can contaminate the plant itself and cause damage to lungs and other organs. Herbicides, especially one called "paraquat," can damage the lungs, heart, kidneys, adrenal glands, muscles, spleen and cerebral cortex (the "thinking" part of the brain). Smoking marijuana increases the work of the heart. The changes in heart rate and blood pressure are the same as those found in a person under extreme stress. The increased workload raises the heart rate and often the blood pressure, though the blood pressure may drop to an abnormally low level as well. It increases the carbon monoxide in the blood and decreases the amount of oxygen. It also alters the body's immune system, which protects people against viruses, bacteria, and infection. Marijuana has been found to interfere with cells which play a major role in resisting viruses and cancer. Occasional use of marijuana may increase or decrease sexual performance, but abusers complain of decreased desire. It reduces the number and quality of the sperm and damages their mobility, which may have significant effect on fertility. It can disturb the endocrine system, which controls hormones and body metabolism. It may cause increased breakage and damage to chromosomes and thereby cause birth defects. It is known that marijuana smoking causes changes in brain chemistry. It hinders the neurotransmitter "acetylcholine," a chemical neuron which transfers information from one nerve cell to another, and may explain marijuana's negative effect on the memory. Marijuana smoking has a wide range of effects on mood and behavior. It impairs motor coordination, tracking ability, and perceptual and sensory functions. Quick mood changes can produce brief periods of anxiety, confusion, or even a state resembling insanity. It is not a drug to be taken lightly - and should probably not be taken at all.
    Racism is completely irrational.

Raising taxes never created a single job.

Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont have any studies to quote, I can tell you that I used to smoke pot with a buddy of mine on the way to the gym a couple summers ago and it didnt seem to bother me. I havent smoked in a couple years now and dont advocate it but it wont kill you to smoke it beforehand.

It made cardio for me really easy cuz I'd just zone out and listen to music, and before I knew it 30 min's was up. and I remember zoning out while I was doin my sets to the point where the only thing I thought about was whatever rep I was on, which kinda helped I guess. On the other side I remember benching with my buddy and going to failure, and he was off starin at some girl and too high to pay attention to me struggling with the bar on my chest.

Most of the people here will tell you pot's evil and bad for you, but at the same time turn around and advocate all kinds of supplements or in some cases prohormones or worse. My personal experience is that its not that bad, I just had to quit for lack of a short-term memory
    I will body slam you so f*cking hard
    that you will poop your bald pants.

CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have seen people smoke AFTER while having their post workout shake, but not before.

jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan2994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's pretty funny you mention that now, because I just saw that movie a month ago and am still madly in love with it and Lester.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont have any expiernce with marijuana so this might not be the case, but from what I know marijuana is a depressent(calms you down). On the other hand, pre-wo stacks that people take for energy are stimulants(ie; caffiene). Therefore, I dont see how marijuana would help any one pre-wo.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

glc8519 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old post but i had to chime in. I smoke before i do my cardio. I know it sounds crazy but I am able to work out longer and harder. About 10 min into my run, elliptical, bike, ext. I start to get into a zone where I can't really feel my legs and for about 20-30 and I can really give it hell! I order to keep my lungs clear I use a vaporizer, which doesn't produce smoke, just THC vapor. Just make sure you have a couple pieces of quench gum, because you will get extra cotton mouth!

dfokas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea a buddy of mine in high school used to smoke before going to the gym. I never really liked it. It all depends on the type of high you get. I Would imagine smoking after the gym would be better because it would help with the pain and relax your muscles.

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My focus goes through the roof when I smoke before a workout.
    Getting swole, one day at a time.

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always preferred smoking after my shake and everything. Like someone said, it relaxes the muscles and eases the soreness

I found it was easier to focus on form though and easier to feel the mind/muscle connection when I would work out high though

My breathing would be affected though, and I'd get thirstier quicker

It has its upsides and downsides, and neither really outweighs each other. So personally, I would just save it until after. But that's just what I used to do
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

Walmart Aluminum Account arkansawboy's Avatar
    arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Epilerik View Post
    I always preferred smoking after my shake and everything. Like someone said, it relaxes the muscles and eases the soreness
    Im with you there. I've actually trained with guys that would smoke before football and basketball games.. some of these guys played in division I NCAA sports.. some even professionals.

I'd be willing to bet most people wouldn't necessarily believe me when I say it, but smoking herb is a part of their lifestyles. You'd be surprised how many people in your neighborhood, school, gym were raised around this plant, and you'd have no idea.

Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000) Harrison222 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by glc8519 View Post
    I know this is an old post but i had to chime in. I smoke before i do my cardio. I know it sounds crazy but I am able to work out longer and harder. About 10 min into my run, elliptical, bike, ext. I start to get into a zone where I can't really feel my legs and for about 20-30 and I can really give it hell! I order to keep my lungs clear I use a vaporizer, which doesn't produce smoke, just THC vapor. Just make sure you have a couple pieces of quench gum, because you will get extra cotton mouth!
    You need to get high to work out? lol non-profit
    Gainz always

bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bishdipbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All the time brah, i dont recommend it for PR's and what not and i dont get the whole aggresion thing, but i that good mind muscle connection along with the music bumping, ****s theraputic but with that being said

Im a former pothead

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Harrison222 View Post
    You need to get high to work out? lol non-profit
    This is almost a 10 year old thread and you replied to someone who bumped it 4 years ago
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    No more bumping 10yr old threads on my watch...closed.
    Experience, not just theory