Registered User GettingInShape2's Avatar
    GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My left shoulder keeps "clicking" when I do front dumbell raises. Dangerous?

There is not even a modicum of pain when I do front raises but my left shoulder clicks, feeling almost like cracking a knuckle. It happens every time I raise the dumbell. I'm not even doing heavy weights, basically 10 reps so the weight is fine and not taxing. Is this dangerous in any way or is this just my body acting that way? Should I avoid it and just use shoulder presses and the wire machines?

SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000)
    your shoulder is going to snap off and then a trainer will see that your shoulder has snapped off and he will beat you silly with your own arm

be aware

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dont know without an mri, but clicking could be just like your knuckles, or it could be your labrum, amongst other things.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It happens to me also but with push-ups. The way I can make it stop is by changing my form a little and it won't happen.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FreeWheeling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Rotator cuffs click when they have problems. I've had surgery on both of my shoulders for rotator tears so I know. I would recommend for you to see an orthopedic Dr. just to be sure. Generally Rotator cuff problems become worse through time so don't ignore it. Good luck

Registered User GettingInShape2's Avatar
    GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettingInShape2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FreeWheeling View Post
    Rotator cuffs click when they have problems. I've had surgery on both of my shoulders for rotator tears so I know. I would recommend for you to see an orthopedic Dr. just to be sure. Generally Rotator cuff problems become worse through time so don't ignore it. Good luck
    Now you definitely got my attention. Thanks for the advice.

Great thread thanks.