the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Mark Subsinsky - Don't Dip: Quit Smokeless Tobacco Now!

I have been using smokeless tobacco on and off for years. Find out how I quit and some great suggestions to help you quit too...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sub3.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Unregistered
    Hey!!
    Great story! I have been dipping for about 12 years, and it is time to quit. This article that Mark wrote is a homerun. I refer to it daily to motivate me to stay on track to quit. Thanks Mark, I'll post my progress from time to time.

Dan in MN

Proteinaholic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Time to quit...

After smoking for 5 years then dipping for the past 6, I am also quitting. After doing loads of research, it just seems obvious that nicotine will be one more thing that could interfere with my program. Thanks for the article Mark.

"Appreciate yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but hold the moment, for even time must slip through the greatest of grasp." - Johnny Perry 1972 - 2002

Unregistered

Thumbs up Mark Subsinsky - Quitting

Thank you for your story... You are an inspiration !!

I used tobacco for almost 18 years,
    and finally quit about six months ago.

Many of the symptoms of withdrawal that you described
    kinda felt like deja-vu !! I've been there myself, and it sucks.

I guess it doesn't suck as bad as death, though...

Thanks !!!!
    Will :-)

Unregistered

Smile Elf

I started dipping my freshman year of highschool and dipped untill i was a senior untill i realized that there was absolutly no point to what i was doing. So i threw the rest of my tin down the toilet and havent had a dip since. I thought it would be really hard but, suprisingly, it wasnt. If you dip or chew i encourage you to quit im not saying you absolutly shouldnt do it but next time you throw in a lip think about why you are doing it and what reason compells you to do it. I finally realized that i got nothing out of it. Some of you may say you dip for the buzz but it goes away and then ur sittin there with your gums rotting away for no reason. If you want to dip you should do it once in a while with your friends but dont do what i did and sit at your computer packin a lip 24/7

Unregistered
    u know its weird how people say your gums wont grow back, thats false because mine have, i have noticed thought that once you get older, your gums do seem to recede a bit faster.

Baseball lip

Great

Hey I'm no body builder but I am a college baseball player. So I do lift and have been trying to get bigger and stronger. Being a baseball player everyone dips,I have been for about 5 years now (and I'm only 19) and I have decided it's my new years resolution to quit. I have "quit" a few times in the past but now I really want to do it for real. I have cut down to a pouch of snus a day and completely given up my beloved grizz. I had been going through a can a day so I can already feel the irritability starting. I will get in arguments about nothing and I just don't want to talk to people it's gonna be hard to completely stop but I can't wait til I get to the day that I don't even think about putting a lip in any more. Thanks for your article it really helps especially the links to help sites. And to anyone else out there looking at this stay strong it will be worth it.

Jack

legacyvet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow I thought I would never find a thread on dipping on a site like this! Guess i'm not the only one who is struggling with the dip demons, i have quit for a year once after having a tooth pulled i now am engaged to a wonderfull woman who thinks i have still quit. i dont hardly do it at all but when i'm on night shift it's an ecuse to keep me awake but after reading this article i guess it is just that an excuse. i am going to quit for good. you guys are more than welcome to give me some support if you would like it would be greatly appreciated!

judetree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Understand

Originally Posted by legacyvet View Post
    wow I thought I would never find a thread on dipping on a site like this! Guess i'm not the only one who is struggling with the dip demons, i have quit for a year once after having a tooth pulled i now am engaged to a wonderfull woman who thinks i have still quit. i dont hardly do it at all but when i'm on night shift it's an ecuse to keep me awake but after reading this article i guess it is just that an excuse. i am going to quit for good. you guys are more than welcome to give me some support if you would like it would be greatly appreciated!
    First time posting about dipping and now seems as good a time as any. I've been dipping off and on for about 17 years. I'm 37 now. Otherwise a healthy person, the dipping is starting to take its toll. I go through a can about every 2 or 3 days and have wanted to quit for a while but can't even get through 1 day! My wife has always been cool as in she doesn't hound me but in a sense she has become a bit of an enabler (not to blame). My day always begins the same: wake up, decide today's the day, shower, kiss my wife, go work, put in my time and on my 20 mile drive home from work I begin to look forward to my chew when I get home. The second I walk in the door I go right for my can (of chew!) and have the first of probably 4-5 chews between the hours of say 5:00-11:00. Almost 1 per hour. This morning, I threw my 8 year old chew cup in the trash for the first time along with the 2 tins laying around the house. We'll see. I really want to quit. I do. I've tried Chantix but it didn't really work for me. It helped me cut down my intake some but ultimately just gave me the blues. So for anyone else out there that a) has quit or b) is in the process of quitting you have a friend in me and I will take your stories of struggle or success to heart. I know that I can use all of the help in the world cause this habit has become such a love of mine that it's almost impossible to imagine life without it. But i'm trying.

Jsnsctt85

Smile

I just read your article, and I think I can now try to quit chewing successfully since I now am aware of the common withdrawal symptoms. I've been chewing since I was 16, I'm 25 now. I have gotten addicted to smoking as well in conjunction with chewing, but that addiction was easy to kick. Now it's back to just dipping. I had to quit for 4 months in 2008 when I joined the USAF for basic training, and I made the stupidest mistake in my life. The peer pressure was high, my brain was on overdrive telling me I needed to have it, and I gave in after 4months free and started dipping again. It's been about a year and a half now since I started back, going through about a can a day. Anyways, I read your article, and I am going to limit my dips until Saturday, then I'll quit.

Thanks for the great information!

jsnsctt85
    Originally Posted by Jsnsctt85 View Post
    I just read your article, and I think I can now try to quit chewing successfully since I now am aware of the common withdrawal symptoms. I've been chewing since I was 16, I'm 25 now. I have gotten addicted to smoking as well in conjunction with chewing, but that addiction was easy to kick. Now it's back to just dipping. I had to quit for 4 months in 2008 when I joined the USAF for basic training, and I made the stupidest mistake in my life. The peer pressure was high, my brain was on overdrive telling me I needed to have it, and I gave in after 4months free and started dipping again. It's been about a year and a half now since I started back, going through about a can a day. Anyways, I read your article, and I am going to limit my dips until Saturday, then I'll quit.

Thanks for the great information!

P.S. I didn't really notice the withdrawal symptoms in Basic Training due to how High Intensity the experience was.

CheekyBug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

Nice story. I am also trying to quit on these days and i found a better alternative. It's never too late to quit smoking.@ jsnsctt85-- I found an article about smokeless tobacco.It says For over the years many people have begun using snuff, chew, or other forms of smokeless tobacco under the mistaken belief that they are less dangerous than cigarettes and cigars. It is not a coincidence that so many people think so. In the past these products have been deliberately marketed in such a way, and today they continue to be advertised as a way to circumvent laws against smoke in public places, and even as a way to quit smoking.

____
    angelish

Garfieldodell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Introduction to the Electronic Vapor Cigarette

An Electronic Cigarette (smokeless cigarette) is a battery operated smoking device. The rechargeable device contains no tobacco and requires no flame. It produces a vapor without tar but with better flavor than traditional cigarettes.

The electronic cigarette consists of a battery, a heating element (atomizer or vaporizer), and a cartridge. The cartridge is the mouth piece and contains the flavor and nicotine.

When you inhale through the device the heating element vaporizes a nicotine solution stored in the cartridge. An LED on the opposite end of the device simulates a glow during inhalation.

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never knew much about the electronic smoke. Interesting.
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms

ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ambiguity00100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dipped for 8 years and had got to nearly a 1 tin plus (sometimes 2) a day habbit. It seriously controlled me and everything that I did. Never felt right without it. I realized how much money it was costing (~$5 here in NY) me every freaking week and health reasons. Now I f-ed my teeth - so weak I chipped a tooth just by nawing on a finger nail. I regret the first day I put that crap in my mouth - though I can honestly say I enjoyed doing it. Had the opportunity to go through a free cesation program through work. My last dip was December 31, 2010. They had me doubling up on patches and using gum at the same time. Still get cravings every now and then, but they last a lot less and have enough strength to overcome. I feel soooo much better now - though I always wonder if I went too far... I definitely have a couple less things to worry about and that is when my next dip will be or which gas station has grizzly wintergreen.

Theezocu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just read your article. I feel ya.....I need to quit myself. I have a buddy that quit by chewing the mint and jerky stuff. He said that part of the addiction was the oral fixation.

topnotchcigar.com