iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lose weight and building muscle without whey protein shakes

i really want to buy whey protein shakes but my mother just refuses,she has given me a ****load of reasons and i do not wish to say it here as those reasons just PISS ME OFF.

anyway,back to the topic

i do 40 min cardio workout of an eillpical machine at 80 rpms and muscle trainning in the afternoon.

can i do without the whey protein shake?

what can i eat or drink(natural foods,no pills or powder bought from pharmacies) in replacement?

my goal is to gain a little bit of muscle and lose weight(maybe about 5-8kg) i am 14 yrs old 33 inches on waist 60 kg 168cm
    Last edited by iamfat555; 11-21-2007 at 06:26 AM.

cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look at it this way; Although they can be incredibly benificial, people were losing weight and bodybuilding a LONG time before there were whey shakes. I personally lost 40 pounds in the last 4-5 months and put on a lot of muscle, and Ive never touched one (not against them in any way and I definitely will try them eventually, just have no experience with them yet). There are thousands of people who will swear by them (along with basically every supplement on the market) because they DO work, however if you are asking clean and simply if you can achieve your goals without them, then yes, without a doubt.
    Former athlete who spent 4 years of college at a muscular 185! Graduated and gained for years until I finally WOKE UP and did something about it in February 2011. Now I'm paying the price for years of relaxation!

Starting Weight:
    February 10th, 2011 - 335.5lbs
    March 10th, 2011 - 315.5lbs
    April 14th, 2011 - 300.5lbs
    May 19th, 2011 - 291.0lbs

For everyone who said I couldnt do it!

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no you dont need them. the whey shake i think is just a way for people to get a lot of protein and get it faster than cooking a meal and eating it. what is important is that you get enough protein per day from good healthy sources like chicken, fish, read meat, pork etc. if you plan your diet properly you can get all of the protein you need by just eating and never touching a shake.

iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamfat555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thx for the advice guys,i shall go without whey protein

Single digit BF% or else! aiming45's Avatar
    aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iamfat555 View Post
    Yeah, just start eating the equivalent in the form of fine steaks for a while and she may realize the cost savings alone is worth it.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by aiming45 View Post
    Yeah, just start eating the equivalent in the form of fine steaks for a while and she may realize the cost savings alone is worth it.

Good Luck.
    i am sorry but are u being sacarstic?i thought steak is very fattening?or am i wrong?please pardon my ignorance

SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i am sorry but are u being sacarstic?i thought steak is very fattening?or am i wrong?please pardon my ignorance
    Steak fattening? lol....

Steak is full of protein, nothing is really fattening in moderation.

On the whey protein I lost quite a bit of weight and fat over a few months, however whilst lifting and doing cardio it's probly in your interest to take whey protein as your getting a lot extra protein in your diet and helping to maintain or even build muscle.

You need to read up on nutrition. And he wasn't being sarcastic, he's just stating a fact, for a large tub of whey for quite cheap will cost you a lot less than buying steak or chicken all the time to even match what boost whey protein will give you. So the costs are quite huge imo especially here where good meat prices are through the roof and not every person can afford to buy that quantity to supplement what they are eating, so they buy whey protein to make up for that.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    if eating fat was fattening I wouldnt have lost all the fat I have so far .
    and still am
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fittchica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Walmart sells 1oo% whey (Body Fortress Brand). It's really cheap, like 11$ or something for 2 lbs...that is really really cheap, I'd bet your mom (or you ) could afford that

world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

yeah but limit starchy-carbohydrates

Remember to keep starchy-carbohydrates low. Keep eating protein but watch your carbs intake, even fruits, but specially watch and limit starchy-carbohydrates such as potatoes, breads, rice, cookies, and every thing made with wheat, even whole wheat is considered starchy

world_god

spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spincycle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 14, hell at any age, you should focus on eating good whole foods. Read up on proper nutrition here on BB.com and learn how to meet your goals though food first. Egg whites, chicken breast, tuna, are all your new best friends.
    Supplements are exactly as the name implies - they *supplement* a great diet.

Good Luck!

spin

AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much do you weight? It is going to be really hard to have a 40:40:20 diet even with a deficit without potein shakes. I thought i was a big meat eater but i just CANT eat a couple pounds of meat per day, everyday. And that is only trying to get 1gram of protein per pound of BW.

Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dirtbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Youre 5'5" 132 pounds and 14. Forget 95% of what you read here. It's either too advanced, too confusing, or BS for a young man like yourself.

You can build a fantastic body on hard work, good food and rest. That's all you need. Am I being too simplistic? NO.

1. Eat
    2. Lift
    3. Eat
    4. Sleep
    5. Repeat

That's it. The miracle workout plan. I'm going to make a million bucks on this thing. Just kidding. Read the excercise stickies pick a solid program (5x5 ect) and do it. Don't overthink it.

The next thing you will know you will be in here all day and not lifting.
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.