Nick95765 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories do i need to gain muscle?

Is there a general rule of thumb out there of how many calories somebody is supposed to consume in a day to gain muscle?I found a formula once but i cant find it again.Also how many grams of carbs and fat should be eaten in a day for this goal.I eat 1.5grams of protien for every pound i weigh but im not sure about the others.Any information would be appreaciated!

aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aimgetbigger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    use this link
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Based on your needs you can decide

CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100) CrazyG323 is not very well liked. (-100)
    just eat 6 meals a day to bulk and purge 5 meals to cut...its really simple

nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CrazyG323 View Post
    That's very loose advice. THe BMI calculator would be much more accurate but you're only 18 so I would just eat more and if you begin gaining too much fat taper it down some.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That has nothing at all to do with the amount of calories to consume.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zona16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    7 meals a day to bulk, but yes, purging 5 meals a day while cutting = trophy
    My Journal and countdown to my win at AZ Western Regionals

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4482813

DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrumTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3,000 to gain a pound of muscle... 3500 to gain a pound of fat...
    _TheDrumTech_

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nick95765 View Post
    Is there a general rule of thumb out there of how many calories somebody is supposed to consume in a day to gain muscle?I found a formula once but i cant find it again.Also how many grams of carbs and fat should be eaten in a day for this goal.I eat 1.5grams of protien for every pound i weigh but im not sure about the others.Any information would be appreaciated!

There are a million different calculations out there and they don't work for everybody. First try to figure out your body type. Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph?

I strongly encourage you to take this short quiz and let us know your bodytype which will help the board answer you better.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

By your weight at 166 at 18 I'm going to guess that you are probably ecto. If that is the case it would be good for you to give this a read.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast50.htm

Note: This article is written by an author who works for a supplement company. Naturally they are going to promote their products. That said the information in it will help you out.

Once you get settled into a diet don't be afraid to play with it to find the right diet for you. It takes time and trial and error. Try to take notes on what you eat everyday so you have something to compare your diet to during the trial and error process.

Another piece of advice is that many people, when they bulk for the first time, neglect healthy fats. Adding peanuts, fish/flax oil, almonds can make or break your diet. Fats have 9 cals per gram while carbs and proteins have 4 cals per gram. If you are having trouble adding more weight and can't possibly eat any more food increase your daily fat intake (use fast food only as a last resort, begin by using the foods stated above).

Also there are many knowledgable people here on these boards. This site as well as t-nation.com are great sources of information. (t-nation is also owned by a supplement company, same rules apply as the ebook.)
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Figure out a good number from calculators and articles. If you do not gain from that up your calories. If your gaining to much fat lower the calories.

gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://yianni.users.mcs2.netarray.co...WebApp/bmr.jsp

Best calculator I've ever used. Check it out, it's pretty awesome...
    Life is like a roller coaster. There are ups and downs. Time to start climbing again!

RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RetroLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gijoe985 View Post
    http://yianni.users.mcs2.netarray.co...WebApp/bmr.jsp

Best calculator I've ever used. Check it out, it's pretty awesome...
    works great...

kpohara2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    look at this website a lot of great information
    relentlessgains.com/how-many-daily-calories-to-build-muscle/