world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is 10 oz. of chicken too much for a meal?

hi, i'm new, i am trying to get cut. I have a low calorie, high protein diet, and exercising routine. But i would like to know if 10 oz. of baked-chicken, turkey, fish or any other white-meat is too much for a single meal? Because I've often read that the body cannot assimilate more than 30 to 40 grams of protein per meal, and I think that 10 oz. of baked chicken has more than 40 grams of protein.

I've increased it from 8 oz. to 10 oz. for my lunch, because when i used to eat around 8 oz. of chicken i felt hungry and i had to eat fruits (carbs), and as you all know when we are in a high-protein diet we gotta limit the amount of starchy and sweet carbs, since carbohydrates stimulate the production of insulin hormone which is the fat-storage hormone.

As opposed to a high protein meal which stimulates and increases the production of glucagon being the fat burning calorie hormone.

Thanx all, and I would like your comments on this and your personal diet if u can

world_god

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how much do u weigh
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) world_god has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi, i am 5'10", and i weight 180, i would like to go down to 160, and start from scratch again. i am doing a high protein diet which is good, i have lost 7 lbs, already

world_god

Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    how much do u weigh

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    keep the chicken at 6-8oz and eat complex carbs instead of fruit.. especially ones high in fiber, like oats
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    8oz of chicken has more than 40g of protein. so think about it. you're eating 8oz and asking about adding 2 more measly ounces. also, you stated you lost 7 pounds. let's assume you lost body fat only and maintained muscle mass. if so, you should already know this 30-40grams of protein craziness is craziness. also, not everyone is on a high protein, low calorie diet. most of my calories come from carbs and i have no problem cutting body fat and maintaining muscle mass. however, i gain weight easily with carbs if i do not exercise, so yes, like many people that are afraid of carbs, i can quite easily get fat with excess carbs just like, well, if i have an excess of protein without exercise. basically, if i consume more calories than i burn, i gain fat regardless of the source, assuming i don't exercise that is. don't be afraid of a food source because you read 'carbohydrates stimulate the production of insulin hormone which is the fat-storage hormone'. determine your food sources from what you see in your results. also, instead of focusing on going from 180 to 160, focus on decreasing your body fat percentage as the main goal is to lose fat, not weight.

cliffs notes:
    -eat the 10 ounces of chicken
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

Hey my friend, thanx a lot for taking your time to comment on this, and cliff stated to eat the 10 oz. of chicken, I think i will go ahead and eat around 10 oz, of white meat per meal.

Well i am reading a book about high protein diets, and i think they work, because i used to eat more carbs, and i retained more water and fat, now i look better by following the lower carb, higher protein diet.

By the way what are you guys gonna eat for your thanksgiving meal?

world_god

Originally Posted by buddhastalin View Post
    8oz of chicken has more than 40g of protein. so think about it. you're eating 8oz and asking about adding 2 more measly ounces. also, you stated you lost 7 pounds. let's assume you lost body fat only and maintained muscle mass. if so, you should already know this 30-40grams of protein craziness is craziness. also, not everyone is on a high protein, low calorie diet. most of my calories come from carbs and i have no problem cutting body fat and maintaining muscle mass. however, i gain weight easily with carbs if i do not exercise, so yes, like many people that are afraid of carbs, i can quite easily get fat with excess carbs just like, well, if i have an excess of protein without exercise. basically, if i consume more calories than i burn, i gain fat regardless of the source, assuming i don't exercise that is. don't be afraid of a food source because you read 'carbohydrates stimulate the production of insulin hormone which is the fat-storage hormone'. determine your food sources from what you see in your results. also, instead of focusing on going from 180 to 160, focus on decreasing your body fat percentage as the main goal is to lose fat, not weight.

cliffs notes:
    -eat the 10 ounces of chicken

Single digit BF% or else! aiming45's Avatar
    aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aiming45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't hear anything about eating a cup or two or three of fibrous, filling, veggies like broccoli, or cauliflower, or even carrots. You're better off eating those carbs, and yes fruit carbs than say a bread or a pasta. So long as you are getting your proper ratio at each meal you are fine.

I don't hear any talk of healthy fats either. If you ate the same 8 oz of chicken, with a cup of whole wheat pasta with Olive Oil, and 1 cup of broccoli, with a small apple for dessert, you'd have a damn near perfect meal.

Keep in mind that the protein and healthy fats slow the absorption of any carbs you may take in. And fruits are complex carbs, not simple processed carbs. As are veggies, and whole grain breads and pastas.

Longer term, you'll be better off not restricting one group of foods over the others. You'll be on a lifestyle change rather than a quick fad diet of some sort for a short term solution.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aiming45 View Post
    I didn't hear anything about eating a cup or two or three of fibrous, filling, veggies like broccoli, or cauliflower, or even carrots. You're better off eating those carbs, and yes fruit carbs than say a bread or a pasta. So long as you are getting your proper ratio at each meal you are fine.

I don't hear any talk of healthy fats either. If you ate the same 8 oz of chicken, with a cup of whole wheat pasta with Olive Oil, and 1 cup of broccoli, with a small apple for dessert, you'd have a damn near perfect meal.

Keep in mind that the protein and healthy fats slow the absorption of any carbs you may take in. And fruits are complex carbs, not simple processed carbs. As are veggies, and whole grain breads and pastas.

Longer term, you'll be better off not restricting one group of foods over the others. You'll be on a lifestyle change rather than a quick fad diet of some sort for a short term solution.
    The sugar in fruit is a simple sugar, not a complex carbohydrate. But it's not refined like regular sugar and all the additional nutrients/fiber make it a slower digesting carb than ingesting a candy bar for instance.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaytek80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    The sugar in fruit is a simple sugar, not a complex carbohydrate. But it's not refined like regular sugar and all the additional nutrients/fiber make it a slower digesting carb than ingesting a candy bar for instance.
    Also the sugar is glucose-fructose. Your liver snatches up the fructose greedily and turns it into glycogen and stores it for later release to your muscles when they need it. It hits your insulin response much lighter because only half of the 'sugar' flows free.
    I wish my flab was emo so it'd cut itself.