NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJSerious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Haven't done legs since I began, need help and routines....

I started working out about 6 months ago and my gains have been pretty good, I went from a skinny 140lbs at 6'0 to a pretty cut 162lbs right now.....I eat well, I train hard, I am dedicated etc, but have not been hitting the legs....I figured that I ran, and played hockey and would rather spend the time and energy to get jacked up top, recently i've been reconsidering because of what I have heard from a lot of other people, that legs are essential for your whole body to grow, especially squats. So im looking for a good leg routine, as well as a start out weight for my build for squats, im planning on doing it on the assisted machine that unclips, not sure what its called in tech terms. thanks for any comments/advice/help guys.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    smith machine

I'd take 95 lbs when yoru ready to get off the smith
    and just mak sure you have FORM
    form all form
    every ounce of form
    it's all about the form

then once you got form down it's all on you to figure out what ya wanna do
    just be sure to have yoru form down and I personally like to start off with 10-15 reps until I got form down etc for a new lift
    and then I go to 6-12 reps depending
    for legs I'd probubly stay in a 10-12 range for reps

also to grow try adding deadlifts

fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitnessdiva has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Haven't done legs since I began, need help and routines....

Then you are in sync with pretty much everyone else who weight trains and probably 90% of the people on this board.

Hard 20 rep squats to failure do wonders. Do them once a week, and don't miss a workout. Also squatting means going to full depth, not 1/2 or quarter squats. Concentrate on progression and you're well on your way.

BL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Haven't done legs since I began, need help and routines....

Originally posted by fitnessdiva
    Then you are in sync with pretty much everyone else who weight trains and probably 90% of the people on this board.

Hard 20 rep squats to failure do wonders. Do them once a week, and don't miss a workout. Also squatting means going to full depth, not 1/2 or quarter squats. Concentrate on progression and you're well on your way.
    Why do you make broad generalizations like this?

labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Haven't done legs since I began, need help and routines....

Originally posted by fitnessdiva

You must hold a lot of anger.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While I don't agree with much at fitnessdiva has to say since joining the boards, I do agree with the 20 rep breathing squats. 20 rep breathing deads do wonders too, do those on back days. Also throw in SLDLs on leg days.

P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    here is my leg routine. I started working my legs again 3 weeks ago and have put 30 lbs. on my squat(though it still sucks) when I was in HS I did a routine similar to this for about 7-8 months and added about 100 lbs to my squat with poor diet and an unhealthy lifestyle.

5 sets, 5 reps squat

3 sets, 8 reps lunges or 3 sets, 5 reps deadlift or 3 sets, 8 reps deep squats or 3 sets of 3 HEAVY leg presses

3 sets, 8 reps leg ext

3 sets, 8 reps leg curl

3 sets, 12 reps hyper ext.

5 sets, 10 reps, calves.

some people are very anti leg ext so you might eliminate those. For the second excersize I alternate between 4 different exersizes. This routine might be a little extreme for somebody who just wants nice looking legs, and most bodybuilders will probably prefer lower sets, higher reps, but I am going for power for college football. I mix up the order of the leg ext, curls and hyper exts. just to keep things interesting.

Johnson1999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like you, I never really worked legs. I just started working legs a few months ago - below is the routine I got from a friend who is a powerlifter.

Squats - 6-8 sets reps - 8,8,6,8,5,5,3,3 go up in weight when you go down in reps

Assistance Exercises -
    Leg Presses 3 sets of 8
    Leg Curls 3 sets of 8
    Calfs 4 sets of 15-20

So far this workout has been working pretty well.