motoxchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motoxchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements that expedite the healing of a broken bone?

I broke my femur in January of this year, 10 months and multiple surgeries later I still have a gap where the femur broke/shattered. I have asked my doctor several times what I can do to help the bone heal faster according to him the only things I can do are take calcium daily (he suggested tums), eat healthy, and walk on my broken leg. Yes that is right walk on it and do light excercises like swimming and stationary bicycling. According to him by walking, I would create strain on the bone and my bone would heal faster because your bones strengthen when they are strained. After 8 months and very little healing (I had a gap of 7mm that had not bridged according to the CT scan) I recieved more surgery that involved compressing the gap, a bone graph, a larger rod, and placing the bolts into a slotted hole instead of a fixed hole because I had previously broken the bolts doing the excercises he told me where OK to do. After the most recent surgery he suggested I use this ultrasound machine called Exogen 4000+ that is FDA approved to speed up the healing process. He also told me smoking was bad for healing so I stoped smoking pot. But what else can I do to heal my bone?

motoxchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) motoxchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can someone please help answer this question?

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I can tell you right off the bat that you need a calcium
    AND magnesium supplement if you want to rebuild bones. Magnesium is very important. I surprised your doctor hasn't told you that. Readily found in most drug stores and health food shops. Heck, even in Wal-mart.

Moreover, excercises elicitis growth hormone secretion in the exerted area. Growth hormone comes from protein, which I imagine you are consuming.

Moreover, there are other element that are conducive for bone repair. i.e. boron, manganese, vitamin d, k.

Furthermore, I suggest you take a look at these websites. Not necessarily the answer, but definitely enlightening to your situation, especially the second one.

http://www.familyresource.com/health...p-bones-strong

http://drlam.com/opinion/osteoporosis.cfm

I specifically asked my doctor about taking magnesium and he told me that it was not necessary. I am quite frustrated in myself for not finding out more about supplements that help your broken bones recover but I kinda assumed that since my doctor specializes in broken bones for a living he would be the best source of information. He has not suggested anything like protein, glucotamine, or some of the vitamins you mentioned. He is regaurded as pne of the top orthopedic surgeons in California but I think his post op care is very poor.

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You made no mistake in conduct, taking exotic supplements is not very appealing.

whfoods.com

Go there and find foods rich in magneiusm and calcium..

Typically green leafy veggies such as lettuce and spinach.

beckydid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bone healing

I had femur surgery to correct congenital defect....I suggest taking
    Product called Bone POwer made by nature's plus. It contains calcium , magnesium,, zinc and boron. I also add 250 mg magnesium per day and 5000 iu pf D3 per day.....definetely helping bone healing

ruby888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Supplements after tibial fracture with rod and graft

I totally understand your frustration,I am a doctor myself(dermatologist )and my orthopaedic surgeon said no supplement will help after a bad tibial plateau fracture.I had rod and screws removed after 2 years of pain physiotherapy swimming and squats(running was out of the question) and he said the graft moved out of place and i may need another surgery....
    Ofcourse nutrition and supplements are very important and do make a difference!I noticed the difference in pain management energy levels and good mood.I take VIT.C 1000MG every morning that promotes collagen formation and thus bone healing it is also a potent antioxidant that goes against free radicals in the body,MORNING supplement includes a supplement of AMINOACIDS like glutamine and arginine that feed muscles and help.Also a mix supplement of Calcium magnesium and Vitamin D AT LUNCH.After dinner a vitamin B complex and vitamin E 100mg that aid the nervous system and help with good quality sleep.Ofcourse lots of protein and fresh fruit and vegetables.I also quit smoking ,hope it helps...
    As for rehabilitation and exercise program a good physiotherapy center is the best.Im having biofeedback electrostimulation for the quad muscle that was completely immobile after surgery, magnetic fields and ultrasound treatment,also the TECAR system has helped a lot to south pain and regenerate muscle tissue.I am still on 1 crutch 3 weeks pos op and cant wait to walk swim etc.but the may another surgery coming up....
    Keep strong and positive!hope my advice could help!

gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonzagnr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is proved that can help bone fracture healing is magnetic therapy.
    machines like this has to be used 30 min to 1 hour a day on the injured area
    http://medicosenvista.com/oc-content/uploads/612.jpg

xavi from barcelona football club used this
    http://tulesion.com/Ficheros/1821.jpg

there are in different size, effect is the same.
    my sport doc told me this