Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any Mormon bodybuilders out there

hey everybody. i was wondering if there are any mormon bodybuilders out there. i am mormon my self so i was just wondering. later

NW
    height- 5'10"
    weight-196
    as of december 23,2005

lean mass- 160 pounds.
    lean fat- 36 pounds.
    lost 22 pounds in the last 6 weeks.
    cutting for wrestling, going to wrestle 189

Starting weight--218
    as of november 2

stats: arms:14'' cold, legs 24" cold, calves 17'' cold, waist 34", neck 16 1/2", chest 40".

Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol

cnjdh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

kind of

my personal trainers parents are mormon. he is 27 and kind of rebelled against the religion. he still goes to church w/em when he visits. just thought id let ya know

orchyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mormon ey, i know a few tongans, who are mormon who play rugby, those boys are HUGE...
    Last edited by orchyboy; 09-08-2005 at 01:51 AM.

jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mormon/LDS here -- and as Larry Scott said when I asked him if he was LDS (Mormon): "True blue and all the way through!". There's not to many of us.

Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100)
    ohhhhhh me 2. I searched mormon to find what it said. Why do people thnik we still practice polygamy? ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jediweed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Phil - not sure why they are still so hung up on that polygamy thing - it's been over 115 years since it happened, but oh well. Glad to know there is another LDS bber out there - you can email me or private me if you'd like to - I see you are 17 and I am a teen bodybudilder trainer and I'd be happy to assist you anyway I can. Later - and pump hard!

ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im mormon! didnt think i would find any others here. this is sweet.

man I thought this forum was dead - as the last posting was in 2005 - great to hear from you MM - hope your lifting is going well and goals are being reached. PM me or email as I doubt this thread will stay active much longer -- stay strong and true in the faith brother - that is the iron faith of bodybuilding as well as holding fast to the iron rod!

jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I too I'm LDS. There's a few of us on the site. Convert of over 28 yrs. Joined when I was in the Marine Corps. I served Uncle Sam and then a mission--Ohio Columbus Mission Oct '83 - Oct '85. Conference was great!
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

Originally Posted by jocularric View Post
    I too I'm LDS. There's a few of us on the site. Convert of over 28 yrs. Joined when I was in the Marine Corps. I served Uncle Sam and then a mission--Ohio Columbus Mission Oct '83 - Oct '85. Conference was great!
    great to hear from you joc! and might I add, what awesome progress you have made! congrats bud!! if we could just get more people our age to realize that they can change their bodies and make their lives so much better! great inspiration - keep pumping hard and strong bud!

sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking LDS here

I love to keep a spiritual, physical, social, and emotional balance to my life. You guys on bodyspace help with my physical goals and progress.

To ModernMoroni - Welcome to bodyspace and cheers for a bold name! Check out Alma 38:12.

JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I guess we're everywhere!

I had to chime in and represent the South! Good to see others out there. With the combination of endless meetings, jell-o and funeral potatoes, it's hard to stay fit...
    MS doesn't have me...

jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jediweed View Post
    great to hear from you joc! and might I add, what awesome progress you have made! congrats bud!! if we could just get more people our age to realize that they can change their bodies and make their lives so much better! great inspiration - keep pumping hard and strong bud!
    Thanks Chris. If we could get more Saints to realize they can change! I enjoy the freedom good health gives. You're looking huge in your avatar--great job! That's inspiration.

Originally Posted by sean331 View Post
    I love to keep a spiritual, physical, social, and emotional balance to my life. You guys on bodyspace help with my physical goals and progress.

To ModernMoroni - Welcome to bodyspace and cheers for a bold name! Check out Alma 38:12.
    Sean if miss working out it effects my day just as it does if I miss my prayers or scripture reading. Balance and temperance seems to key.

ModernMoroni, welcome. There's a lot of good people on this site. I too think it's sweet finding other Saints here.

Originally Posted by JCMcD View Post
    I had to chime in and represent the South! Good to see others out there. With the combination of endless meetings, jell-o and funeral potatoes, it's hard to stay fit...
    LOL Well we don't smoke or drink so enjoying our food is about all we have left. Not really, but not drinking or smoking sure enables us to enjoy our sense of taste. Good to see you taking the step to represent the south.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

awesome to see you all - I hope this thread can stay alive - and I do thank young modernmorni for doing that. great to hear from you all and thanks for being here. it is hard sometimes to juggle things - but one hour a day, that's all I ask for myself -- if you can stay semi consistent with that time of yours that you can see some decent progress. keep it real guys and hold fast!

sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

General Conferene

Originally Posted by jocularric View Post
    Conference was great!
    I loved General Conference too. It was such a feast! I was particularly captivated by Elder Holland's address on why we ARE CHRISTIANS.

http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/d...775-15,00.html

Here's an excerpt from his address that struck my attention.

A related reason The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is excluded from the Christian category by some is because we believe, as did the ancient prophets and apostles, in an embodied?but certainly glorified?God. To those who criticize this scripturally based belief, I ask at least rhetorically: If the idea of an embodied God is repugnant, why are the central doctrines and singularly most distinguishing characteristics of all Christianity the Incarnation, the Atonement, and the physical Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ? If having a body is not only not needed but not desirable by Deity, why did the Redeemer of mankind redeem His body, redeeming it from the grasp of death and the grave, guaranteeing it would never again be separated from His spirit in time or eternity?18 Any who dismiss the concept of an embodied God dismiss both the mortal and the resurrected Christ. No one claiming to be a true Christian will want to do that.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, October 6, 2007
    What other system of devine truth could better empahsize the requirement to care for our spiritual and physical bodies than one that teaches God does the same?

hlmijendrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *thinks of South Park episode about Mormonism*

*lols*

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lds

I'm a seventh generation member of the LDS Church. I served a mission in Porto Alegre, Brazil in '84 & '85.

BJE
    Attached Images
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Hey BJE - I was in Sao Paulo during 84-85 - que saudades eu tenho do Brazil e o povo!! Thanks for adding me guys - feel free anyone here to do the same.

The conference was really great and thanks Sean for quoting Elder Hollands - loved that one.

Here is a link to what I believe hlmjendrix was refering to (I hope I'm right bud)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur_xV9ztFvg

Hope you all had a great day today -- keep the faith and stay blue! (byu blue that is!) [ok, I'm sure we are all not byu fans - so go ahead and hit me with it!] lol

Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow so excited. I'm Mormon here as well from Edmonton Alberta... thats in Canada to all my non Canadian Brothers out there, lol. Though I'm probably the only LDS Canadian here, unless one of you guys are. I'll add all you guys to my friends. I'm so excited to finally have found somebody of the same faith on here. By the way, I'm 18, preparing to go on my mission next year, probably around September. I'm in the Canadian Army Reserves as an Infantry Soldier, might go on tour to Afghanistan or Darfur after my mission. If Canada opens a tour in Darfur- they were talking about it- and if Canada is still in Afghanistan when I get back from my mission. The Afghans are begging us to stay there and not leave them to the Taliban, so I'm guessing it'll still be going on when I get back. But I started bodybuilding in school because I had to and began to love it, then I wanted to join the army so had to get into shape as much as possible before Basic Training, now I got the training I need to stay in shape.

Nice to meet you guys, it's awesome to meet my LDS Brothers on here- and Sisters if there are any of you.

Well Ttyl
    Deh Iron is my friend. If you don't squat you rot!!!!

Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dang doesn't look like my thread posted, Well it pretty much just said I am LDS, and I'm planning to serve a mission I'm 18 so next year around September I can go. I'm also in the Canadian Army Reserves as a Infantry Soldier who might go on tour after my mission.

I hope this time it posts,

Later Brothers. If yo uwant to find out the rest that I said just check out my profile, it should be there, I'm adding you all to my friends list, this is a rare and valuable find.
    Deh Iron is my friend. If you don't squat you rot!!!!

hey cowlifter - man you can get some serious muscle if you lift cows for your workout! (sorry, had to say it!) That is so awesome that your mission is so near -- bodybuilding is excellent preparation too -- well...for the physical part of mission life - but also the mental part - if you can set and keep goals in your bodybuilding the same can apply to your mission -- I'm sure your spiritual side is just as strong!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!!

JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Cowlifter! Great to see you on here - and best of luck getting ready for your mission. My son will leave in May and my daughter will go six months after that. They're both at the Y now. I can't believe I've been back 22 years. I served in France. Sounds corny, but even after 22 years, going on a mission still affects my life everyday. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Best of luck in the Army.

Best of luck to you all. I've got a few friends I workout with in Atlanta that are going to hop on here as well. Take care!

Jack
    MS doesn't have me...

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    count me in the club.
    Mission to Puerto Rico 89-91, BYU grad

welcome - welcome!! hey, why have we gone stale here all of a sudden???

How intense are most of you into bodybuilding? ie, competitions, for health, etc.

I do a 5 day a week, intense workout. I want to compete possibly next year, but for now I just do it because I still can! I like the mass that I am adding to my body and the confidence it is giving me. It's a challenge that I enjoy in seeing if I can keep improving in weight lifted and adding more muscle to my body. I train teenaged boys, not currently training anyone, I have 3 on their missions now and none in the cue to train at the moment -- that was and is good motivation to keep me lifting hard and not wimp out - luckily I am a self-motivator so I can kill myself without someone screaming in my face - I do that enough myself!

Anyway, I just completed my chest workout last night and hit 280 for 2 reps - which totally stoked me like you wouldn't believe. These past few weeks have seen some incredible growth and see 300 very close. (remember I am 6'5", 46 yrs old and long arms - so that's an accomplishment guys!). I do 4 sets of bench and then if I feel like it I usually go for a record - and I felt like it so I did.

ok - let's get moving on the forum guys -- not too many of us LDS into bodybuilding as it is - so let's stay strong and help each other out where and when we can!

Stay strong always! Chris

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hmmmm....I rarely get out of the Losing Fat forum, but I stopped in the forum to get the link to post in an out of place thread.

Wow...I didn't know there were so many of us on BB.com. I found this thread when I joined and said Hi to Br. jediweed but it has been awhile since I have been in contact.

I am a convert. Confirmed to the Church in June 2006.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Hello Scott - welcome back!! Hope all continues well with you. How are your goals coming along? Keep the faith brother and hod fast!

dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmoney2023 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Add another to the list.
    Lift with a few guys at a local gym here in Idaho. Everybody mormon. Kinda like Utah here so having other LDS people around is something I think I take for granted now.

Grew up in Mass. (GO SOX!!!) Served in Japan 96-98, BYU grad.

Just got 205 ten times this week. Way excited on that cause just about 4 months ago I couldn't even come close to doing 200.

Gotta hit 225 ten times soon.

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jediweed View Post
    Hello Scott - welcome back!! Hope all continues well with you. How are your goals coming along? Keep the faith brother and hod fast!
    Goals are coming, slow but sure. I have had some minor setbacks when I moved from Michigan to IL this summer, but it is because I was inconsistant with my workouts and spent more time exploring my new area's restaurants than eating on plan. No biggie...just have to get back on track and forge ahead.

On the positive, we moved a mile from the Stake Center and I can walk to Church.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) T-Wrecks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow!

Quite a few St. George'rs here!

What gyms do you all go to? I go to Golds myself. Its a long drive from Santa Clara. But worth it in my opinion.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast