Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cowlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ModernMoroni View Post
    same thing this year but i was dehydrated today after/midway through practice it was bad.
    Lol, dehydrated during swim practice. I know, I know, it just sounds funny. Keep up the good work man.

Originally Posted by JCMcD View Post
    And also, Cowlifter - don't let the Singles Ward scare you off. You get through the initial shock and you start blending in - and before you know it, you have five kids (well, you normally get married first...) It's 2:30 am my time. I'm calling it a night (or, well - morning...)
    5 Kids... I'm outta there. lol. jjking. Ya, seems like it'll be fun. Lots of nice people. I went with my cousin first, but he isn't that sociable and doesn't talk to lots of people, so I'm going to have to start up some conversations with people. One missionary at the singles ward was in my home ward, so that was cool, I talked to him for a bit.

Well, I am trying to read the Book Of Mormon this month, so I need to go do that now. Talk to you all later.
    Deh Iron is my friend. If you don't squat you rot!!!!

ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so after this week i think im gonna have much faster results rather than if i was just working out with weights. SWEET! il post pics in about a month.

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello all you mormons. Surprised the anti's have left you alone. Anyways kind of a rebellious mormon here. Served a mission in 78/80 to New Zealand and yeah it was the best two years.

Started lifting before my mission then never quite after I got home. Unforunately I didn't know what I was doing untill my 30's

My Bishop is my current lifting partner. (my idea he's been sick and just looked like he was dieing I suggested he start lifting) He's an awesome Bishop and alot of fun to lift with although I don't feel confortable lifting to my heavy metal and I put away my Eminem cds, (hey I went through an angry phase)......ok still angry.

I've found the best way to share the gospel here is to just be kind, be helpfull and don't wear our religion on your sleeve. I have a good friendship with alot of guys on here. It seems that over time there is always the natural time to bring up the church.

BTW cowlifter my brother served his mission in Edmonton back in the 60's.

jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mntbikedude View Post
    Hello all you mormons. Surprised the anti's have left you alone. Anyways kind of a rebellious mormon here. Served a mission in 78/80 to New Zealand and yeah it was the best two years.

Started lifting before my mission then never quite after I got home. Unforunately I didn't know what I was doing untill my 30's

My Bishop is my current lifting partner. (my idea he's been sick and just looked like he was dieing I suggested he start lifting) He's an awesome Bishop and alot of fun to lift with although I don't feel confortable lifting to my heavy metal and I put away my Eminem cds, (hey I went through an angry phase)......ok still angry.

I've found the best way to share the gospel here is to just be kind, be helpfull and don't wear our religion on your sleeve. I have a good friendship with alot of guys on here. It seems that over time there is always the natural time to bring up the church.

BTW cowlifter my brother served his mission in Edmonton back in the 60's.
    It's nice to be able to talk with some other Saints without being attacked.

I joined the church while you where on your mission--Southern California though. I was in the Marine Corps and some missionaries were doing street contacts.

That's cool your bishop is your workout partner. Reps for getting him to lift and for sharing the iron faith. A few members of my ward also go to the gym I use but so far everyone is doing their own thing. I should approach some of my fellow High Priests and see if I can find a workout partner.

Your gospel sharing plan works in life too and not just these boards. Have a great week.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jocularric View Post

I joined the church while you where on your mission--Southern California though. I was in the Marine Corps and some missionaries were doing street contacts.

That's cool your bishop is your workout partner. Reps for getting him to lift and for sharing the iron faith. A few members of my ward also go to the gym I use but so far everyone is doing their own thing. I should approach some of my fellow High Priests and see if I can find a workout partner.

Your gospel sharing plan works in life too and not just these boards. Have a great week.
    Hey bro do you remember who the mission president was at the time? Was it Hartman Rector Jr? Was it in the San Diego mission?

Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kouper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sodomojo View Post
    The one that is in the old Fred Meyer building went out of business? I know they closed the one on state street and moved it to the Fred Meyer building off University Parkway, but I hadn't heard that it was closed. Where exactly did it move?
    If your talking about the one thats just before the S curve on parkway that leads down to provo near redlobster on the back end of the mall is still there. The one further down became a 24 hour fitness, and the one at the top of the hill is now a bunch of houses (holy crap there where a ton of gold's gyms here.) And really, at the end of the day, unless your single/getting up at 4 in the morning to lift most of the gold's here are just too crowded/meet markety to get a great workout in. Its why I left for LA boxing, its too pricey for most of the students and very very serious inside.

Originally Posted by jocularric View Post

Yeah a few years ago I got a group of the brethren in my ward to start lifting. They were all ex-athletes and were really surprised that the weanie guy that plays the organ for priesthood could blow them out of the water. I was benching 225. They were like the bar and a 10 lb.

Anyway this one brother was an ex green beret and got motivated to beat me and several months went by and he announced that he could bench 235 so I got in regained the ward title and did 245 .....he went to 255 so I had to do 265. I held this title for a week of two and he does 275 or so he claimed. So far I haven't been able to beat him.

And the real annoying part is that as soon as he beats me he quits lifting.........ok ok I do really rub it in when I am king of the ward bench pressing...... it practically gets in that weeks program.

danceinlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So am I

Originally Posted by hlmijendrix View Post
    *thinks of South Park episode about Mormonism*

*lols*
    The really funny thing is South Park was created by two mormon guys.

ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50) ModernMoroni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah a few years ago I got a group of the brethren in my ward to start lifting. They were all ex-athletes and were really surprised that the weanie guy that plays the organ for priesthood could blow them out of the water. I was benching 225. They were like the bar and a 10 lb.

Anyway this one brother was an ex green beret and got motivated to beat me and several months went by and he announced that he could bench 235 so I got in regained the ward title and did 245 .....he went to 255 so I had to do 265. I held this title for a week of two and he does 275 or so he claimed. So far I haven't been able to beat him.

And the real annoying part is that as soon as he beats me he quits lifting.........ok ok I do really rub it in when I am king of the ward bench pressing...... it practically gets in that weeks program.
    lol to this. very nice

Originally Posted by danceinlife View Post
    The really funny thing is South Park was created by two mormon guys.
    yeah. but it sucks that they were excommunicated b4 they made it. and im pretty sure they were excommunicated while on their missions

mormon trivia

Who knows where I got the quote that is under my name?

JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCMcD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From President Hinckley's book...

It's great to see a good mixture of people on this forum. I was re-activated only about a year ago after being pretty distant for some time. I come from a family of great people who are very anti-Mormon. I've learned over time that nothing I will ever say is going to convince them otherwise, or change their minds. The only thing I can do is live the way I know I'm supposed to and be the best example I can - and hopefully they'll see that. I see a lot of people who want to argue - and become defensive. No one argued me back into the church. It actually came overnight... (Kind of an Alma the Younger experience...) but, I realize now that it was years of having very kind people around me - who never gave up. I've realized through the years, we're all just trying to do the best we can everyday. And I still have a long way to go...
    MS doesn't have me...

carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlwolfslair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i thought it said moron sorry hehe can someone tell me why when you guys come to britain on mission or watever u call it you call yourselves elders and are usually about 12?
    TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY!

It's great to see a good mixture of people on this forum. I was re-activated only about a year ago after being pretty distant for some time. I come from a family of great people who are very anti-Mormon. I've learned over time that nothing I will ever say is going to convince them otherwise, or change their minds. The only thing I can do is live the way I know I'm supposed to and be the best example I can - and hopefully they'll see that. I see a lot of people who want to argue - and become defensive. No one argued me back into the church. It actually came overnight... (Kind of an Alma the Younger experience...) but, I realize now that it was years of having very kind people around me - who never gave up. I've realized through the years, we're all just trying to do the best we can everyday. And I still have a long way to go...
    Welcome back and we have a winner! Yeah it was the title of a President Hinckley book.

gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000)
    another Mormon checking in!!!!
    ► WKEA ◄

sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

JCMcD, thanks for sharing your story. I love hearing reactivation stories and what's behind them. I admire you for making the change especially in the face of MS and anti-Mormon loved ones. I am ever increasingly conviced that quiet, loving examples to our loved ones will sew seeds that take root in the furture. Look at your own example of transformation...BRAVO!

sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sean331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gatsby121 View Post
    Welcome Brother Gatsby121 to the Mormon Mind Might and Soul thread!

Beagle269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whew

Originally Posted by gatsby121 View Post
    And, another one here, checking in from Seattle. Not so much into the body building, but into triathlons and related. Nice to see everyone!
    -------"Feel the burn!"-------

"Can I carry your pack for you?
    What if your slowing me down?"

jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sean331 View Post
    Welcome Brother Gatsby121 to the Mormon Mind Might and Soul thread!
    LOL That's a great title.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nyyankeeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a member, representing Utah county. I mostly lurk on these forums, but I logged in just to say this; the Golds on University Parkway is the worst gym I have ever been to. The free weights are horrible. They are rotting out, they don't match, they are often missing, and they look a hurricane blew through there, as they are all scattered all over the place. The next step up is the gym on 9th east, having much better equipment, but being small, cramped, and quite limited in variety. All of that to say this: The North Orem gym is heaven on earth. I am serious, you walk in there and you can hear choirs of angels singing. I live next to Seven Peaks (about 100 yards from the 9th east Gold's), and I go to school at UVSC, so I drive past the University Parkway gym everyday. I drive past both of these for about 15-20 minutes everyday to get to 8th North for a superior experience.

Executive Culinary OG ChefPhalBignuts's Avatar
    ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not Mormon, but I thought I'd see a lot of Utahns here
    *Chefbrah Crew*

Dallas
    Cowboys

welcome to all the new people. i havent said anything in a while so id thought i would stop by. man i really feel like a baby in this forum. hey jocularric! you served a mission in my mission area! thats the mission i live in! im in the Dayton Ohio East Stake. although im not sure you were here when it was a stake i donno. but thats sweet man! anyone know what happened to jediweed?
    Last edited by ModernMoroni; 11-27-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Originally Posted by PhalC1 View Post
    Not Mormon, but I thought I'd see a lot of Utahns here
    Yup Utahn here. So Phal whats the most annoying thing about living in the middle of so many Mormons? Favorite Mormon cliche.
    Last edited by mntbikedude; 11-28-2007 at 10:01 AM.

gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000) gatsby121 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nyyankeeman View Post
    I am a member, representing Utah county. I mostly lurk on these forums, but I logged in just to say this; the Golds on University Parkway is the worst gym I have ever been to. The free weights are horrible. They are rotting out, they don't match, they are often missing, and they look a hurricane blew through there, as they are all scattered all over the place. The next step up is the gym on 9th east, having much better equipment, but being small, cramped, and quite limited in variety. All of that to say this: The North Orem gym is heaven on earth. I am serious, you walk in there and you can hear choirs of angels singing. I live next to Seven Peaks (about 100 yards from the 9th east Gold's), and I go to school at UVSC, so I drive past the University Parkway gym everyday. I drive past both of these for about 15-20 minutes everyday to get to 8th North for a superior experience.

yo i go to UVSC as well, however i go to 24 hour fitness in Provo. i wont ever go back to Golds, they did me dirty. (signed up for a 2 year contract, then decided a few months later to move to vegas for a semester, they wouldnt let me transfer it because their franchises are state to state, they made me pay the $180 cancellation fee)
    ► WKEA ◄

Executive Culinary OG ChefPhalBignuts's Avatar
    ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup Utahn here. So Phal whats the most annoying thing about living in the middle of so many Mormons? Favorite Mormon cliche.
    I've learned to live with it actually. Nothing really bothers me about it anymore.

I would say people, mostly outside of the state, asking about how many wives they usually have.
    *Chefbrah Crew*

Dallas
    Cowboys

Originally Posted by PhalC1 View Post
    I've learned to live with it actually. Nothing really bothers me about it anymore.

I would say people, mostly outside of the state, asking about how many wives they usually have.
    Yeah that gets old as well. I don't know if you were around when Joe Haggy was on the boards but he came out to Utah and one of the things he found kinda of funny was when he was referred to as a "non-member". Also that when people said "the church" that automatically meant the Mormon church even though there are many churches.

I think Ogden is probably less like that, but I was raised in Payson and there was only "one non-member" in our whole high school. The funny part is we still had all the same clicks as anywhere, we had the stoners, the ropers ect but they were all mormon.

just a random question. but what work outs do ya'll think work best for the chest and arms(biceps, tricep, and forearm)?

pmhacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Another fellow mormon here

Hey MM. SLC mormon here. Its great to see so many saints posting. When I saw the title of the thread, I figured there would be no serious replies.

Perry

Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Herzeleid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im mormon =)

well welcome to our 2 new members! hope everything is going great for you in bb

KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was LDS for over 10 years... married my Lutheran husband and then we decided to compromise and attend a non-denominational church.

Went to the MTC in Provo to prepare for my mission to Guatamela Cuidad... then got sick there... *ugh*

*waves hi*
    T.H.I.N.K before you speak. Ask yourself, is it TRUE, HELPFUL, INSPIRATIONAL, NECESSARY, and KIND? If not, then just keep it to yourself.

...think about what you write before you hit "Mr. Enter" button. ~Guy Jin 9.11.10 OV35Misc.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast