Whiplsh Willy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

I really need to work on my abs. I was planning on doing 2 sets of 50 for upper, lower and sides, every other day. Is that overtraining?
    The Mountain Psycho
    www.BeEfStOrM.com

streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

Originally posted by Whiplsh Willy
    I really need to work on my abs. I was planning on doing 2 sets of 50 for upper, lower and sides, every other day. Is that overtraining?
    only if u are under 13, LOL. I do about 500 crunches in a row, and then I take a twenty pound dumbell and slam it into my abs as hard as posible

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say that's overtraining. You dont need to do abs more than once a week. And try to lower your reps a bit, do weighted exercise.
    the jakes on you.

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It really varies. Some do abs weekly and gain, I know a guy who never did a situp but had a ripped 8-pack no matter what, and some can do them daily and gain.

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

Originally posted by streakfront

only if u are under 13, LOL. I do about 500 crunches in a row, and then I take a twenty pound dumbell and slam it into my abs as hard as posible
    You are also an idiot
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    work yor abs the same as all yor other body parts... no more than twice a week.
    ((((()-----------((((()

http://www.********.com/skinnyaaroncurtis

Calorie Surplus + Progressive Overload x Years Training = Continuous Gains. UMAD GH15?

"My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe, YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh ThEm, bUt IlL hAvE tO cHaRgE."

streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

Originally posted by BigBenn

You are also an idiot
    y the **** r u insulting me? Cause I gave a stupid responce to a stupid question?

BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

y the **** r u insulting me? Cause I gave a stupid responce to a stupid question?
    You mean to tell me you were joking?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

Originally posted by BigBenn

You mean to tell me you were joking?
    I dont think anyone who hits themself as hard as they can with a twenty pound weight in the stomach would be able to type.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

I dont think anyone who hits themself as hard as they can with a twenty pound weight in the stomach would be able to type.
    then my apologies, responses like that tend to be honest around here...

Whiplsh Willy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Every-other day for abs, overtraining?

I am sure thats the case stud muffin.

I was obviously talking about frequency and not reps. If you weren't so busy getting a hard meat injection, maybe you would have noticed.

Anyways, anyone know a good weighted exercise for the lower abs?
    The Mountain Psycho
    www.BeEfStOrM.com

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    i train abs 7 times a week 4 wieghted sit ups, leg raises ect. and 3 non wieghted for recovery, of course mine our trained for strength
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think you should keep slamming dumbells into your stomach man

I'd say if your not using weighted ab work then every other day is fine
    the thing is be sure your doing CORRECT SLOW crunches
    I start to feel it at 25th crunch
    (I do a bunch of sets tho)
    if you cn handle 50 before it starts to work fine but dont set the number at 50 and adjust your form to **** to get there

set attention to form and ajust reps to match that
    you'll get resutls much better

Here's an odd little trick to get a much harder burn in crunches I've discovered. Keep your hands a few inches in front of your face almost like praying, and at the top of each crunch try to spread out your lats. I'm not sure why this causes a better contraction, but I just know that it does.

tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok if u need to do more than 30 b4 it burns and u feel like dying ur doing it wrong try to stay low when u crunch instead fo raising up n flex ur abs on teh way up and down it will doubl ethe burn and hold at the top for 3 seconds at least make sure they compress as much as possible cross ur hands across ur chest with a 10-20 pounds weight and u should feel it in u promise also last note put ur legs on a 90 degree angle it will already let u compress it easier jus my tips hope they help train hard guys good luck
    "you were cheaper to feed when you ate crappy" - mom

weight-165 age-18 dead-295x5| 320
    squat - 285x10 | 300 2 accidents so far(lol) (TY squat rack)
    bench- 160x5 :( |175

Courage is the knowledge of what ought to be endured. ~ Philo

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes

train abs no more than twice every 7 days

would you train your biceps every other day? no

Originally posted by psikooz
    yes

train abs no more than twice every 7 days

would you train your biceps every other day? no
    Everyone uses this analogy, but abs are indeed different. Abs and calves can be a very personal thing, some people needing to train them a lot to get any growth. Some need it only weekly, some need to hit abs daily. I mentioned this somewhere further up...