Thread: No Energy

Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No Energy

I have been working out for about 3 months now. Everytime I am finished I am sooo tired I have to veg out on the couch for about an hour or so before I can do anything else. I have to take an energy supplement to even ge to the gym. My husband was telling in the beginning that after I workout for a while I will have more energy. Like I said I have been working out for 3 months now and there has not been a change. I am tired all day everyday. I want to lose the weight and build muscle, but I need energy to get to the gym. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    It sounds as though you are not eating enough carbs pre and post workout. Give us an indication of what you eat preworkout and postworkout and we can see what is lacking. Remember, carbs are essential at this point to give you energy preworkout and to also help you recover postworkout...if you are not taking in enough, you won't see any results!!!

sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjayne80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Post your diet, it sounds like maybe you're not eating enough calories. Sometimes when you don't eat enough calories or carbs you have zero energy. I may have some suggestions if you post your diet
    There's no turning back now!

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As Sherdi mentioned, pre and post workout carbs are really important. I found that when my pre/post workout nutrition wasn't adequate, I was incredibly tired... so that could possibly be the problem. Posting your nutrition would be a good idea. Also, how much water do you normally drink per day?
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    How much sleep are you getting? I'm also curious about your water intake and macro ratios. I did Atkins once and I had no energy at all.

R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sounds like

Originally Posted by sherdi View Post
    It sounds as though you are not eating enough carbs pre and post workout. Give us an indication of what you eat preworkout and postworkout and we can see what is lacking. Remember, carbs are essential at this point to give you energy preworkout and to also help you recover postworkout...if you are not taking in enough, you won't see any results!!!
    I agree. Are you monitoring your food intake.
    .......Leadership demands constant achievement
    .......You are what you think about
    .......Don't settle for less than what you want

GRWN&SXXXY

Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wilnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Breakfast
    Regular Coffee, 2 cup (8 fl oz)
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Weight Control, Maple and Brown Sugar, 1 serving
    One A Day Weight Smart Multivitamin Vitamin, 1 serving

Lunch
    Michelina's Chicken Alfredo Florentine, 1 serving
    Turkey Burger, Jennie-O, 4 oz

Dinner
    Newman's Own Creamy Caesar Dressing, 4 tbsp
    Wonder 100% Whole Wheat bread, 2 slices, 1 serving
    McDonald's Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken, 1 serving

Designer Whey Protein, 24 gram(s)

Calories

Fat

Carbs

Protein

I workout during the afternoon. I have a protein shake on my way home from a work out, and fix lunch as soon as I get home.

Water intake:
    On a daily basis I will drink about 100 to 160 oz of water. I make sure to keep track of how many 20 oz of water I drink per day.
    Last edited by Wilnet; 11-19-2007 at 09:52 AM.

train hard and smart Outdoor Girl's Avatar
    Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Outdoor Girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I feel tired like that from either one of two reasons- either I'm not eating enough and/or I'm not resting or sleeping enough.

I read a good guideline in Oxygen mag about preworkout meals, I think it suggested 30-50 g of carbs and 10-20 g of protein. I was not feeling tired but I was losing my energy during my workouts - since I started doing that I feel strong most workouts all of the way through.

For caloric intake, remember that if it's too low your body will hold onto fat - it reacts to the stress of low calories believing it's in a dire situation, who knows when you will get proper nutrition, and therefore starts slowing your metabolism (I end up feeling tired) and holding onto fat for reserves. Not what you want your body to do if you're trying to drop bodyfat.

If you actually feel sleepy, not just sluggish, maybe log your sleep every night for a week to be sure you are getting 7-8 hours. It has made a big difference for me, both in feeling rested and in dropping bodyfat. (Read that getting inadequate sleep actually elevates cortisol in your system which also holds onto fat stores, negating all of the hard work you are doing to lose it.)

I can recommend plugging your weight, food, and activities into fitday.com - it's free, you'll learn a lot about foods and how many calories you burn, and you can keep your calories in better check. When I had more to lose I did a 1,000 calorie per day deficit and lost about 1-2 pounds a week. It's become a bit harder now because I'm about 10 pounds from goal.

Good luck!
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169367373&p=1399499263

Im not short I'm fun size pirouette's Avatar
    pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are getting at least 6hours sleep at night then you need to have some bloodwork done at the doc. It seems you are eating plenty to avoid severe fatigue.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.

"I think I'd make a really good ninja."

In arguments that matter, if you don't choose a side, you lose.

Feels good man

Whiskey for my beer, men for my horses.

****FIERCE*****GRRRRR

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wilnet View Post
    Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Calories

Fat

Carbs

Protein

I workout during the afternoon. I have a protein shake on my way home from a work out, and fix lunch as soon as I get home.

Water intake:
    On a daily basis I will drink about 100 to 160 oz of water. I make sure to keep track of how many 20 oz of water I drink per day.
    Your diet is definitely lacking carbs pre/post workout....add some fruit or low fat dairy to that as well as some faster acting carbs such as quick oats etc. Also, the food you are eating seems to be highly processed and not made from scratch. You could also do with adding more vegetables to your meals....you can never eat enough!!! Go for green, fibrous veg to help keep you full and give you the nutrients you need. Is there anyway you could limit the packaged products from your diet? You will really see a difference in your energy levels and health! Instead of flavoured oats, try plain "old fashioned" oats with some fruit instead. You are not eating any fruit! It's important as fruit contains many vitamins and nutrients and keep us energised. Your diet is also lacking in calcium. Try to have some low fat dairy in there.

Also I noticed, you are having 3 shakes a day? You only need one pre and one post. If you are having one before bed, try to go with real food: I like the combination of low fat dairy such as cottage cheese with fruit and a little good fat like natural almonds or peanut butter.

If you tidying up your diet a bit I am sure you will see more results and also more energy!

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wilnet View Post
    Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Calories

Fat

Carbs

Protein

Water intake:

this is an easy one. you're clearly not eating enough for someone that
    works hard at the gym. also, please remember that if you are trying to
    not only gain muscle, but lose 'fat' weight, its VERY counterproductive
    to eat too few cals. your body will go into starvation mode.

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hollyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

water intake, balanced meals (carbs, protein, good fats), and rest
    Motivation!

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1500 cals on its own is not low enough to cause such severe energy depletion. Don't get me wrong though, your diet is atrocious and definitely needs work.

What your lacking is not so much calories, but NUTRITION. Where are the vitamins? The minerals? And one crappy multivitamin doesn't cut it. Most of those brand name vitamins pass right throught the body with less than 20% of the vitamins/minerals actually absorbed into the body.

You need fruits, veggies, whole grains, more real protein!! 3 protein shakes a day?? Wonder bread?? McDonald's salads?? Here is a clear case of where diet food does not equal HEALTHY food.

For a woman trying to lose weight you shouldn't need a protein shake more than once a day right after your workout. Everything else that goes into your body should be real food. If you can't grow it or shoot it, don't eat it. Perservatives, sweeteners, chemical stabilizers, artificial flavors, nitrites, etc shouldn't go into your body.

Treat yourself better! You're worth it!
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential