MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Haven't gained muscle for 5 months

I'm 5'9" and my weight was hovering around 149-153 for the past 5 months. I told my dad who is a doctor that I was the same size for the past 5 months after he complimented my biceps. He told me that probably I maxed out. I eat 4 meals a day and try to get at least 120 grams of protein a day and plenty of low GI carbs. I take a postworkout drink 15 minutes after weight lifting and I tried Whey mixed with gatorade powder and whey mixed with grape juice and 3 different weight gainers. I try to taking in 3000 calories a day but that doesn't always happen. I even quit cardio for a while and since that hasn't helped I'm now back at doing cardio and didn't lose weight. I do cardio 3 times a week for 20 minutes. Is something wrong here?

mark_england has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    more protein needed dude. remember you're burning off a number of calories a day just by staying alive,working and whatever. By adding weight training on you are increasing your body's required minimum intake to maintain/increase mass. I recommend increasing your protein to at least 1g per lb of bodyweight a day. (155lbs in your case = 155g per day)

currently im taking in 300g protein a day, 650g carbs, 5,500 calories spread over 6 or 7 meals and im making the best gains of my life.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea, you need more protein and more calories. Its pretty simple, if you are not gaining weight then you are not eating enough food. You say you try to eat 3000 cals a day...dont try and do it...you have to DO IT! IMO you should make yourself a meal plan and stick with it.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/