Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

diet for 21yr girl..

hi, im trying to help my girlfriend lose about 10-15lbs. she is 5'7 130-135lbs..her gaols arent to gain or maintain muscle mass, but just shed some fat.. and keep it off..i told her to slowly start to reduce calories. i would like to give her some specific meal and diet plans...i know what works for me but my goals are different..im not too knowlegeable in making up a diet for this situation..

here is what i was thinkin:

meal 1:
    Oatmeal with berries
    lean meat(she wont eat alot of chicken) or hopefully i can get her to have 1 scoop of whey..or eggs..
    fish oil

meal 2:
    apple or yogert (ff/ low suger)

meal 3:
    tuna salad with ff mayo& vegies
    or lean ham on whole wheet bread..
    or brown rice..
    fish oil

meal 4:
    shake? cant really find something to fit in here..

meal 5:
    meat & vegies..whatever im eating..will be good.

meal 6:
    ff cottage cheese
    fish oil..

im really lookin for some low cal balanced meal ideas that i think she will like to eat..sorry if this seems disorganized, but im not really sure how to go about this..any help would be great..thanks.
    dante

Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100) Phrook is not very well liked. (-100)
    i am no diet expert, but i am sure ff mayo has lots of sugar to replace lack of taste...

Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dante_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok, thanks i'll be sure to check it out..

here is a pic..
    Attached Images

ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is a mayo out there. 10 cals per serving.. nasty nasty stuff but it will hold tuna together...

ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would put whey in the morning and put the lean meat in meal 4. maybe a small chicken breast or small can of tuna... or even canned salmon.

thanks

ok..good idea..

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dante_T
    here is a pic..
    And theres something wrong with her now?? Shes pretty well put together in my opinion, losing a few pounds probably wouldn't make her more attractive.

i dont think anything is wrong with her now..she wants to lose weight for some photo shoots coming up in a couple months..and she'll get a lot more modeling work if she loses 15lbs.

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont think anything is wrong with her now..she wants to lose weight for some photo shoots coming up in a couple months..and she'll get a lot more modeling work if she loses 15lbs.
    Ohhhh. Yeah, she would need to tone up a little for modeling. Her look now is def. more attractive than the "model look" though.

You should suggest that she train with weights. Assure her its not gonna make her a huge man woman, because it def. won't. Especially if shes never lifted before, she can gain a little muscle while losing fat, which will tone her up pretty nicely.

Thumbs up thanks

she used to weigh 110 and got a ton of modeling work..she just wants to get back to that..i think resistance training will definitely help..

lol..i know, why do most girls think they'll get huge by lifting? im probably going to need some advice on how to train her though..im not really sure what kind of split to start her out with..and sets,reps, etc.

Yeah, the female forum would be a good place to start. If you showed them her pic and her goals I'm sure they would know whats up.
    The diet will the toughest part, I think girls in general get unhappy when they can't eat foods they want. So make sure she knows that a couple cheat meals a week are acceptable, she'll be happy which will make you happy lol.

right, she is very picky with food..thats why i want to make a diet she likes..so she sticks with it..and is happy...

thanks for the advice, ill try posting in the female forums..

best,
    dante

getting leaner and meaner collegeHULK's Avatar
    collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50) collegeHULK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    here is a pic..
    wow nice work dante_T. you the man
    ___LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!, aint nothing but a peanut

Omega Lightning Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=701501

Izan747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i guess cardio would also be one of the best along with a diet

yep..cardio will definitely speed up the process..i just need to get her diet in check..she really doesnt know much about nutrition, but at least she asks questions and wants to learn..

Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    here is a pic..
    Holly mackrel you look good. Keep up that physique and you're set.

LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just starve here

DON'T FEED THE MODEL

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol..i know, why do most girls think they'll get huge by lifting? im probably going to need some advice on how to train her though..im not really sure what kind of split to start her out with..and sets,reps, etc.
    They all say that, and then they start lifting and can actually start to see/feel their muscles (arms mostly) and they love it.

If she has never lifted before, start her off with a full body workout 2-3 days a week. Doing mostly compound moves with reps in the 15 range. Start off really light, she will hate you the first week from the DOMS. Insure that it will go away as long as she keeps lifting. After she has done this for a solid two months and her from is top notch, then shift into a basic upper/lower or push/pull/legs split in the 8-10 range.

A good thing to note: In that first 8 weeks, don't let her look at the scale. She will probably not drop weight because of the lean body weight increases, but she will definately firm up.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yep..cardio will definitely speed up the process..i just need to get her diet in check..she really doesnt know much about nutrition, but at least she asks questions and wants to learn..
    Have her follow these guidelines and keep a food log:
    - Eat 5-6 meals a day
    - Eat roughly the same amount for every meal
    - Eat lean protein with every meal
    - Eat a veggie/fruit with every meal
    - Eat a EFA source with every meal
    - Drink only non-calorie containing beverages (i.e. water and green tea)
    - One meal a week, ignore everything above

Originally Posted by nithos
    Have her follow these guidelines and keep a food log:
    - Eat 5-6 meals a day
    - Eat roughly the same amount for every meal
    - Eat lean protein with every meal
    - Eat a veggie/fruit with every meal
    - Eat a EFA source with every meal
    - Drink only non-calorie containing beverages (i.e. water and green tea)
    - One meal a week, ignore everything above
    Excellent post.

Originally Posted by nithos
    A good thing to note: In that first 8 weeks, don't let her look at the scale. She will probably not drop weight because of the lean body weight increases, but she will definately firm up.
    Also an excellent post. I mentally added you to my list of people who know what they're talking about nithos.

CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CourtneyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 5'7", she does not need to be 120 pounds. Do you care about her and want her to be healthy, or do you just want her to be skinny and look like a bony model? I'm 5'4", 115 pounds, low body fat and wear a size 3. She's 3 inches taller than me - if she only weighed 5 pounds more, she'd look emaciated unless you want to strip her of all of her muscle and make her skinny-fat.

If she wants to *look* different, she can focus on clean eating and a solid workout plan to change her body composition. Don't stress over scale weight or severe calorie restriction.

Smile

thanks everyone!!! great advice..