kennyhowru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Powerlifting meet in Los Angeles Area

I have started powerlifting since beginning of the year, and I am really looking forward to compete to test how strong I am. Does anyone know any powerlifting meet in Los Angeles Area?

For your information I weigh 190lb and bench about 315, deadlift 405, and squat 365. Is this decent for my weight class?

Appreciate your help.

drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    USPF Powerlifting Championship, September 10th, 2005. Great meet, held in Venice Beach outside at Muscle Beach.

http://www.powerliftingca.com/2005%2...ch%20Entry.pdf

thanks for the info doctor,

this meet seem really interesting, and I often go to venice beach; however, do you know any raw competition in la area? Dont really wanna bother with shirts and suits.

thanks again,

drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drdeadlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are alot less raw meets than those that allow equipment. Alot of guys (and girls) just do the meet raw for their own satisfaction. I wouldn't worry about it if your interested in getting your feet wet. You have good raw numbers by the way.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    drdeadlift is right- go and compete raw if thats what you want to do. You should be doing it for the experience, not to take home a prize. If you decide you had a great time and want to invest in some gear, then you can do that for next time.

chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is ususally a USAPL meet held at CSU Northridge sometime in the winter months i believe, Scot Mendelson just had an APF meet in Studio City, i think he is going to be hosting another meet in Studio city sometime around February. You should go pick up a copy of Powerlifting USA from a new stand or online and search the meet calendar in the back for something.

http://www.powerliftingca.com/

http://www.calapc.net/

http://www.wabdl.org/schedule_of_meets.htm

http://www.worldpowerliftingcongress...omingmeets.htm

http://www.usapl-ca.org/

you should be able to find a meet from one of those feds somewhere near you.
    Charlie Telesco
    220lb Junior Powerlifter
    1757 total
    661 sq
    518 b
    578 dl

University of California at Santa Cruz

Alright! Thanks a lot for your kind replies, guyes.

Danimal, you are dang right about doing it just for the heck of it. I know I have a long way to go, but I just want to get started.

After looking all the links Chuck provided I decided to compete in 2005 USA POWERLIFTING CALIFORNIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in CSUN. My brother went to CSUN, and I am very familar with campus.

By the way the USAPL rule states that "One piece wrestling type singlet must be worn" Is this rule strictly enforced?

Again, thanks. You guys are awesome!
    Last edited by kennyhowru; 08-26-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Singlets must be worn on all lifts for raw lifters in all of the federations I've heard of. You can purchase one for about $30.

Talking

Again, thanks drdeadlift.

By the way how much can you deadlift? You must deadlift hell lot of weight to have a doctoral degree. just kidding.

Oh, I was wondering when someone would ask that. Well, when my deadlift started improving faster than my other lifts, one of the guys at my gym started calling me that, so I thought it was catchy and started using it as my log in name on various boards. I deadlifted 661 lbs in my last competition in April at a bodyweight of 211 lbs, so its a respectable lift. Hope to pull 700 one of these days. I compete again in two weeks in Venice Beach, CA, so I'll see if I can pad that a little. I'll let you know.

It's more than respectable; it's incredible. Thanks lot for your advice and good luck with that 700lb deadlift.