breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

Ivanko or COC gripper

Which do you think would be a better idea? To get an Ivanko gripper or a COC gripper. I'm pretty sure I couldn't close the #1 gripper so I would probably get the trainer.
    -Isaac

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    CoC is the very best and toughest.

yet if it's for increasing grip, i'd choose for a larger variety of exercises

Monte Cristo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The good points in favor of the Ivanko are that it is adjustable and has enough space to use both hands. You could
    use that feature for negatives or partial
    assistance as you close on a higher spring setting. I believe they
    also sell extra springs for it.
    Last edited by Monte Cristo; 01-18-2003 at 08:52 PM.

BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    CoC grippers just seem like a gimick. They drop a lot of names of people who close them and how hard they are. Well how hard is it to make a gripper that's hard to close? Big deal. They pretty much look like standard grippers. They have more resistance to them, but im sure there are cheaper grippers out there that will give you just as good of a workout.

And who cares about good quality? have you ever seen a gripper break? Are you going to drive a car over it? It's just a piece of steel and some plastic.

It's like paying $20 for a 45 pound olympic plate or $100 for some new modern 45 pound plate. In the end they are both ****ing 45 pounds.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BigMass
    CoC grippers just seem like a gimick. They drop a lot of names of people who close them and how hard they are. Well how hard is it to make a gripper that's hard to close? Big deal. They pretty much look like standard grippers. They have more resistance to them, but im sure there are cheaper grippers out there that will give you just as good of a workout.

And who cares about good quality? have you ever seen a gripper break? Are you going to drive a car over it? It's just a piece of steel and some plastic.

It's like paying $20 for a 45 pound olympic plate or $100 for some new modern 45 pound plate. In the end they are both ****ing 45 pounds.
    obviously you've never closed a coc gripper and i have seen grippers break, exccesive use will cuase even the coc to break before there time
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BigMass

Have you ever used a CoC? You can do your high reps all day on one of those sporting good store trainers without gaining a bit of strength. The CoC's are worth it. And I think a better analogy would be comparing some olympic 45 lb plates to some of those old, cheap sand-filled standard plates.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok. If you guys say they're worth it then that's cool. Might give them a shot

dynamite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how much would a CoC gripper cost, and where would you get one, they sound kinda cool.
    Are you and aethist?

The bible talks about aethists.

Psalms 14:1 " The fool says in his heart, "There is no God"

God doesn't believe in aethists

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by dynamite
    how much would a CoC gripper cost, and where would you get one, they sound kinda cool.
    I think they are $20-30. www.ironmind.com
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Mitch Kirchner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

store boaght grippers suck

Originally Posted by BigMass

i have broke like 5 pairs of those store baughten grippers afters squezzing them thoasands of times the spring just breaks. I don't think you could break high quality made steel that cOc grippers uses.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow Uh huh

CoC grippers just seem like a gimick. They drop a lot of names of people who close them and how hard they are. Well how hard is it to make a gripper that's hard to close? Big deal.
    These are grippers designed to build HAND STRENGTH. My name is on the COC Who's-who list @ IronMind. Go over there and check it out. Some of the strongest people in the world can't close the IronMind #3 and I have - I call it a great personal accomplishment and a world-class feat of strength.

They pretty much look like standard grippers. They have more resistance to them, but im sure there are cheaper grippers out there that will give you just as good of a workout.
    Really? Tell ya what, get a IM #2 and see how many reps you can bang off - then get back to me.

And who cares about good quality? have you ever seen a gripper break?
    I have see it happen and I have heard about guys that have broken them. Steel has it's limits just like anything else.

Well, it's like the old expression "you get what you pay for". I bought my original set of COC grippers years ago and I still have them and use them today. I plan on someday passing them down to my kids. These are things that LAST - like a good Olympic barbell set, treat it right and take care of it properly and it will last for years and years. The IronMind grippers are like that; you'll get stronger and you'll consider them an "investment" long down the road!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eggiehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I have the Ivanco Supergripper, Coc 1-4, and heavy grippers 100, 150, 200, 250 & 300. Heavy grippers complete set of five was on sale for $60.00, they are not as high quality as coc, but they are less expensive. The coc cost about $20.00 each, and you will probably need a trainer, #1, and #2. You can not buy anything in a department store that even comes close to any of these grippers in strength & quality. It does not matter how strong you are, unless you have trained your grip, they will be extremely hard to close. Check out the gripboard for more information on grip. http://www.gripboard.com/ The ivanco supergripper runs from about 45 lbs - 365 lbs and is adjustable all the way up, it costs about $30.00. I have the 2 extra springs, but it would take superman to close it with them. The supergripper has an odd feel and I barely ever use it. I've been using grippers for about a year and I still cant close the #3 coc or the 300 heavy gripper and I have a strong grip. There are a lot of other things that you can do for grip and they wont cost anything, check out the gripboard and learn from the strongest grippers in the world.
    Goals:
    (1) 600 lb Deadlift
    (2) 600 lb Squat
    (3) 400 lb Bench
    (4) Drop 20 lbs to compete in 220 lb class
    (5) 1600 lb total: Raw, Pure, & Drug Free

CrazyAZNRedneck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyAZNRedneck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyAZNRedneck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyAZNRedneck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyAZNRedneck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ironmind IS rediculously overpriced, unfortunately, they can do that since they have a monopoly over the grip strength community. No one else's product even comes close to their quality (seriously, how hard is it?) and I've been satisfied with everything I've bought from their line up. I just hate their damn pricing.
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 236
    Bodyfat: uh... high...
    Bench: 405
    Squat: 545
    Deadlift: 545
    Weight Training Since: July 1998
    Weight Training Properly Since: July 2004

"3 billion vaginas in the world, what makes yours so special?"
    -Me

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This is an old post but this guy knows absolutely nothing about grippers! COC's are the standard for measuring gripper strength.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CrazyAZNRedneck
    Ironmind IS rediculously overpriced, unfortunately, they can do that since they have a monopoly over the grip strength community. No one else's product even comes close to their quality (seriously, how hard is it?) and I've been satisfied with everything I've bought from their line up. I just hate their damn pricing.
    You need to do your homework and shop around - IronMind is a great company BUT they are not the only kid on the block! Sorinex, Brute Strength, Heavy Grips, Baraban, PDA, Fat Bastard, Weightlifter's Warehouse and a whole host of other companies sell grip equipment and grippers!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.