Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)

How do you deal with muscle pain?

I just heard that ibuprophen is a no no and i take a lot of it, especially in the morning, heard it inhibits muscle growth.

Any suggestions for something strong enough that is safe to deal with this pain, just general muscle soreness, my job can get very physical and along with my workouts i just ACHE sometimes and i need something to keep my muscle from tightening up so much i and end up with cramps especially in my neck and shoulders, sometimes my lats and middle back too.

Thank you
    Attached Images
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Mac
    None of us here ever have any muscle pain, you must be doing something wrong.

Didn't buy that huh?
    I take Ibu if I am real sore, like today.
    There's inhibiting growth, but worse is soreness inhibiting movement, plus it wears you down.
    The object is top find the intensity that gets you "nice and sore" NOT "oh sh*t I'm so f**king sore".
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    you could try massage. either relaxation if it's not too bad or deep tissue massage which can be extremely painful during it but afterwards you feel so loose it's fantastic. i get one every now and then as i get all knotted up from heavy training. Richie

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool

hey mac;
    i use blue stuff it contains emu oil and i massage it into the area that hurts, and sometimes its the entire back, quick relief and lasts. also i use glucosamine and chondrontin with msm.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking Pain

I have 6, 21 year old maidens rub me down with warm oils after each workout.....Oh, sorry nodded off

I put muscle rub on before working out on the part I am doing, then again after seems to help..

Now back to that dream......zzzzzzzz
    Psalm 121

patrolling the universe snakeman's Avatar
    snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snakeman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

hey fitnessman;
    yo bro you are supposed to share them ladies with the bro's in this forum. lol dont be stingy.

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm trying to get this massage gal to go out with me so if i can manage that i'll have it made in the shade....

I guess if i didnt do 2 chest routines in 5 day period i would'nt be so sore HUH?????? DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah pass the maidens around stingy
    Work in progress...

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: How do you deal with muscle pain?

Originally posted by Macattack
    I just heard that ibuprophen is a no no and i take a lot of it, especially in the morning, heard it inhibits muscle growth.
    Mac, tell me this isn't true!!! Ibuprophen is the ONLY thing that will touch a headache for me. I really didn't know this, where did you get the info?
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Pain

Originally posted by fitnessman
    I have 6, 21 year old maidens rub me down with warm oils after each workout.....Oh, sorry nodded off

You got the math wrong fitnessman it's really 2, 63 year old maidens you have.

If I'm not sore I'm not happy!
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm trying to get this massage gal to go out with me so if i can manage that i'll have it made in the shade....

I guess if i didnt do 2 chest routines in 5 day period i would'nt be so sore HUH?????? DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah pass the maidens around stingy
    make sure she can cook to. there's nothing better after a good massage than to sit down to a nice feed!!!! LOL Richie

felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your are sore before your workout try this Old School solution - BC Powder on hour before workout will do the trick

Charger, I was told that ibuprophen can block the cortisol receptors and hinder your gains. I am looking for more info on this now on the net......

its the only thing that really works for me here is something else i found about it.

Ibuprphen is an anti-inflammatory unlike acemetophen which is a pain killer and blocker, so i think the ibu would be better to take because it deals with the actual problems, swollen joints and muscles.....

also acemetophen can cause liver inflamation

http://www.dr-zhang.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/index.htm

ok just spent an hour on this and cant find any data backing up what i heard, this info came to me thru a friend who's friend is in college and studying chemistry or something so i am going to get some data on this later.
    Work in progress...

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank God! I was worried! Acemetophene does nothing for me. I get headaches from time to time, I don't take ibuprophen for muscle soreness but will take it if knees or elbows hurt, works great. Thanks for digging for info on this Mac.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

I should have the info tomorrow i have been taking aspirin and it doesnt do anything but thin my blood i guess, now my shoulder is really sore 2 days without ibuprophen and i'm dieing here Waaaaa, LOL i think i'm just addicted to the stuff but it works...
    I have some friends in a nursing program so i'll ask them to see what they can find but i havent found anything worth much on the net yet, seems the acemetophine is about the worst to take, thats tylenol and motrin products, bad on the liver and kidneys.

Felix what is BC powder???????? lil slow here!
    Last edited by Macattack; 09-05-2002 at 07:40 PM.
    Work in progress...

Good night last one....
    Attached Images
    Work in progress...

Good night Johnboy, I will do some searching also.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Good one kendo

LOL
    Psalm 121

Re: How do you deal with muscle pain?

Mac, I have been doing some searching and asked around and to this point I have not heard Ibuprohen is bad for muscle gains. I HAVE heard that it bad for daily use, it will eat up your tummy. If you are taking it on a daily basis you should try and find the cause of the pain. This may sound stupid but training should not cause enough soreness to use pain releivers. If it is you may have other problems, I don't know, injury??
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

I am overclocking charger, i know i am over doing it but i just push everything hard that i do, i know it makes me feel good when i am doing it and i pay for it later.

I drink too much coffee and that tightens my muscle and i dont drink enough water cause i get tired of piss'n all the time, i work my azz off at work cause i get piece work so when i am working i am like a maniac, no one can work with me cause they cant do it fast enough and do it right. I have a lousy bed that is way to soft and have been shopping for one and found the love of my life but it $1,500 and i'm broke for the next few months till i get cought up again from being out of work so long but i am getting it and think that will change my life.

Its not really pain i feel its just the aching feeling and i get scared especially with the back problems i have had in the past and the seizures i used to get that totally immobilize me, and make me look like a crooked ladder.

Also if the ibuprophen does effect cortisol receptors then many things are effected, blood sugar, metabolism, proteins, hormones, here is an article i found but i do not know for sure to what degree ibuprophen would effect cortisol receptors.

http://www.newtreatments.org/Adrenal.../glossary.php3

I have emailed some people to get there opinions waiting for responses still...
    Work in progress...

Mac, feel like reaching through the screen and giving you such a slap, ALL THINGS IN MODERATION MAN!

I know how what mean, we are similar. At work I go full speed and try to get as much done as poss. Guys hate it but also love it. They hate it at the time but like the results at the end of the day. If you got to be there you just as well get something accomplished.
    As for training, it is hard to keep myself out of the gym but if results are what you want, you have to. Over training is no diferent than running head first into a wall. You WILL end up burning out.
    Mac, from all you previous post I have read it is obvious you have come far! Now it is time to take it to another level, why not? You have come this far. Get a routine, set a goal and stick with it.
    And sleep on the floor if your beds to soft! There, hope you take this well!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

I got a thick skull replace the slap with a punch and i'll be fine, i do bounce right back up so keep that in mind

I think me and the partener have a good routine going, he's only missed one in the month we've trained together and i have made it clear thats 1 strike, california law is 3 strikes and your out, so i live by that, in the gym and in life..........

I was reading an article the other day, a certain body builder was talking about why he push's himself so hard, he has a dream, he is a super athlete, why do we push so hard, to get somewhere we want to be, to excel, to acheive an un-attainable goal to be the best, rock hard solid muscle, i wont get there with 10 sets i have to do 30, 40,50.........

All of this is not without pain, i can take the pain i actually enjoy it i think! we take all these supps because we are over training depleting resourcs right? i am eating everything but roids to make it to the next level, theres something going on and its good and i am going to keep pushing, keep training hard, harder if possible, and when i hit the wall i am going right thru that bastard, ..........

Count down gym in 2 hours.......
    Work in progress...

I got a thick skull replace the slap with a punch and i'll be fine, i do bounce right back up so keep that in mind
    At your size I'd be smart to bring something with Louisville on it and a good pair of running shoes

I just didn't want to see you burn out. Almost three years ago now (damn times flys) I lifted 5 days a week, ran on off days and boy did I ever hit the wall. I not only hit the wall but slid backwards. I wanted it all and now, I almost quit. Now I accept the fact it is more of a lifestyle and gains are slow, rewards are few, but when they come they make it all worth it! Good Luck Mac!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

I hear understand and obey charger, i have taken 2 naps today, usually saturday is my recharge it seems, lazy and do nothing much just rest, actually i take naps most days cause i get done at work fairly early sometimes by noon even and can catch a nap.

I have cut way back from the ibuprophen was taking a lot after my surgery and had a lot of teeth repaired so seemed like i was in constant pain there for awhile but everything has healed and now with the partener the workouts have been more intense but even that will be less because he wont be available but twice a week now since school has started for him.

Like you said its a healthy lifestyle of excercise, its good for the mind and body and soul, and its the one of the real good things in my life today and i want to continue to enjoy it and not burnout....
    Work in progress...

OK Charger finally an answer of some sort on this

vini wrote:
    > Can you tell me if Ibuprophen effects cortisol receptors. I am a weight
    > lifter and take massive amounts of ibu for muscle soreness and the word
    > is out that this stuff may cause muscle gain deficiency, PLEASE i tried
    > reading your article but am just a dumb hick, can you tell me or show me
    > if this ibuprophen is bad.
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    > Vince
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not aware of ibuprophen having any effect on the activity of
    cortisol Massive amounts or prolonged of any almost any drug can cause
    problems - in the case of ibuprophen, such things as stomach ulcers,
    bleeding disorders, kidney problems. I'd suggest using some restraint
    or asking your physician about your specific case.

Dick Bowen
    --
    R. A. Bowen
    Department of Biomedical Sciences
    Colorado State University
    Fort Collins, CO 80523
    Work in progress...

kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000) kendo is just really nice. (+1000)

Slow down man!

Hey Mac

I'm bein honest with you here if you keep goin the way you are you are gonna burn out. All this pain is a sign. Too many sets, too much activity will increase cortisol levels and you will be in a catabolic state the opposite of what you want. I got great results switching to the low volume approach high intensity with few sets, get plenty of rest and actually am lazy in work. I don't know if I'm right here but it could all be that your mind is too active and you should take a mind calming supp like Kava or something and slow it down as well. A calm relaxed bodybuilder especialy if natural will make better gains. I think you need to slow down mentally and physically to see better results.
    Its never to late to transform! www.physiqueoverfifty.co.uk

OK Kendo/Charger

Heres one of me slowing down
    Attached Images
    Work in progress...

ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10) ashleytumson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you ever tried to see a specialist in treating muscular imbalances? Pain can be attributed to compensating patterns we develop because of short tight muscles and can become generalized, meaning you may feel it in your hands but it could be your forearms, shoulders and yes even your neck.

One example of a specialist is a Neuromuscular Therapist is similar to a massage but very specific and targeted. I hope that helps.
    Personal Trainer in Miami, Florida

-----------------------------------

Nutrition Advisor at dualFIT.com

...Keeping strong! HumblyMuscles's Avatar
    HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000) HumblyMuscles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ashleytumson View Post
    Have you ever tried to see a specialist in treating muscular imbalances? Pain can be attributed to compensating patterns we develop because of short tight muscles and can become generalized, meaning you may feel it in your hands but it could be your forearms, shoulders and yes even your neck.

One example of a specialist is a Neuromuscular Therapist is similar to a massage but very specific and targeted. I hope that helps.
    LOL! I wonder if he still has pain- this thread is 13 years old!!!
    People asking questions lost in confusion, Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions... John Lennon

If the mind can conceive, the body can achieve.

My best genetic bodypart is my Mind...

++Positive Crew++

4th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo ( W.T.F. ) Former Instructor

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HumblyMuscles View Post
    LOL! I wonder if he still has pain- this thread is 13 years old!!!
    Prolly has given up and has become one with the couch and remote.... not a bad thing in itself...

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting topic though.... Advil (liquid) is the only thing that works for me & I take it too. Not alot, maybe 1 a day, not every day though... but it works. (Headaches, joint pain, neck pain, etc)